Increased gen efficiency after new update

Did someone notice how games are more sweaty after yesterday's update?

People are just forcing gens because Krasue chase time is incredibly low?

I feel this is the only way to play a game right now, with all the nerfs xd

Chill games are gone

Comments

  • Same I was going for the adept on the new survivor and got tunneled 4 games in a row and BM'd 3 times, when I played killer I got 3 swfs in my 6 games, I don't mind swfs but damn were they rushing me

  • Having the announced "anti tunnel update" not just get pulled, but then also pushing out the OTR nerf without anything else to fill that vacuum isn't exactly a massive selling point for the "fun, casual player".

    "Surprise, we buffed tunneling" is a challenge to competitive players, and a major turnoff to casual players.

  • I've noticed the trend too.

    I played quite a lot of Myers and Krasur today, and the gen speed between them is significant.

    Myers match survivors are more chill, and generally match goes slower, but Krasur match goes by way faster.

    Same thing happens when I play any S tier killer tbh. That's why I don't really like playing meta killers.

  • While I was playing I had some streams running on my other monitor and all I witnessed were matches where all gens pop and the killer only has 2-4 hooks at that point. And honestly… by all means pls genrush every killer you see. I want BHVR to see in their stats how few hooks the average killer gets. Scorched earth!

    I had my adapt Vee on my first attempt against a Krasue… I think we finished all gens in about 3.5mins lmao :D If she had tunneled, she might have had a kill, but she didnt. 4 ppl out.

  • A lot of survivors switched to gen rush because of Krasue and OTR getting nerfed to oblivion. The game is going to turn into a speed match with everyone playing almost the same bonus and counter perks at the upper-mid MMR ratings.

    On the low end it'll be a mess, especially with PUG combinations.

    I've played mutiple games today (both sides):

    1. Killer games; lots of bully squads that don't know how to play against meta. They think they're going to distract you while 1-2 players with gen rush finish off before they get sacced, but running LB and IG negates that + skill with tagging players who try to juke. I 4K'd at least 3 bully squads this morning as Doctor.
    2. Survivor games; lots of killers running anti-gen rush. So if you get a PUG as a killer that has stealth, anti-slug, sheesh just about anything other than gen rush, you've wasted your perks. In addition, every game I've played as survivor has at least one person hunting totems. I'm pretty sure every killer has had all of their hex perks turned off in every game, it's been that consistent.

    This is a snowballing monster right now. The current meta on both sides is highly aggressive against nitch play-styles and has no utility to counter something novel. It's the worst game of rock/paper/scissors ever.

  • Played Demo with no gen regression and all gens were done in 7 mins 😂

  • Not sure about the Killer side, but I'd love to be able to say my teammates have been efficient on gens. But it's mostly the same old story of one sided soloq games with the usual clueless teammates who just can't seem to get organised (sometimes I'll get the odd decent team and a hatch escape if I'm lucky).

  • @Royval said:

    Played Demo with no gen regression and all gens were done in 7 mins 😂

    Its nothing new people just tend to rush gens when they cant go next so easy same is happening all time when they face killer they dont like, someone like skullmerchant or ghoul.

  • I don't go in for the whole gen rush complaint but I had a couple matches yesterday where even I thought it was abnormally fast and people were playing super hard. Surprisingly, several of my survivor matches were memey, with musical performance leading to slug races. But I've got to say Pain Res, DMS, and buffed Ruin combined is a real headache.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4005534#Comment_4005534

    Its nothing new people just tend to rush gens when they cant go next so easy same is happening all time when they face killer they dont like, someone like skullmerchant or ghoul.

    Not really, they just give up, heal in front of killer to lose DS/OTR etc or they just stand still

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4005708#Comment_4005708

    Not really, they just give up, heal in front of killer to lose DS/OTR etc or they just stand still

    exactly… had an orela heal a nea in my face and when i downed her for it she complained i was tunneling and camping (they were swarming the hook while injured…)

  • @vol4r said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4005708#Comment_4005708

    Not really, they just give up, heal in front of killer to lose DS/OTR etc or they just stand still

    I have way less survivors which are giving up, now they fight more and try to make it hard as they can for killer but I had few games where I held teams on 4-5 gens and some gave up.

  • @cogsturning said:

    I don't go in for the whole gen rush complaint but I had a couple matches yesterday where even I thought it was abnormally fast and people were playing super hard. Surprisingly, several of my survivor matches were memey, with musical performance leading to slug races. But I've got to say Pain Res, DMS, and buffed Ruin combined is a real headache.

    If killer fiesnt run gen deffence then its raugh and many games on average are just gens flying with killer having few hooks.