4K Mindset is the Problem

I am mostly a Survivor player, Solo.

I believe that the general mindset for Killer mains is 4K or bust. 2k and 3k is considered a loss. This never should have been the consistent obtainable goal as Killer with 2k and 3k being average or normal. 4k should have been rare and not easy to achieve but 4k-ing has been common. I would say well over half of my games end in 4k. Some of them aren't even close with 4 gens still in play. Killers adapted the slow-down and tunnel strategy because it worked and they got 4k's. Never mind it perpetuated all of the worst parts of the game, doing gens or the poor soul who is getting tunneled out first.

I believe the upcoming changes are somewhat needed as a casual solo player but I can understand how the balance could shift at high MMR with survivor squads. I'm just not sold that is a majority of play.

All that said, I can see that Killer mains will not take kindly to the changes and I highly doubt all the changes will make it to the actual game as originally posted. I would like to see it improve game health but only consistent 4k's will appease the die hard Killer. The mindset is 4k or bust. Anything less is unacceptable.

Comments

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993299#Comment_3993299

    I and many of the people I play with give killers we feel bad for free kills at end game. So yeah, there is a survivor equivalent of mercy. But as said above, killer mercy isn't a loss for the killer like they are for the survivor. You still win as killer and you can be nice. Win win.

    I don't know who feels entitled to mercy though. If anything, I'd just like to not be slugged so the hatch can spawn and I can try for it. It's very pleasant to have it given to me and I like giving it as well, but I never expect it when I play survivor.

    There are plenty of plays survivors do that are generally disliked, like taunting or body-blocking mid chase, and just general BMing. I'm not a huge fan of hook denials even as surv. If someone wasted a gen ot two worth of time chasing me, they can have the hooking.

    The only time you'd see me body-blocking the killer, is to prevent a tunnel, to buy the poor teammate some much needed time.
    We might blast mine them, but that is mostly harmless fun. Most of the time, I stand within range, just watching the spectacle unfold.
    But we don't teabag, or BM in that manner anyways :)

  • Like I understand the threads idea but a 4k is a win... Anything less then 4k is also less of a win even if theoretically is still a win. Trying to create a honor code for how to play is ridiculous I have 600 hours in dbd and of that time 20 games as killer I don't like playing the role I kinda just feel bad killing baby survivors and I'm to low MMR to be vs decent players. But one thing I'm not gonna tell people to do is not win.. not go for the 4k

    Just like I'm not gonna stop dancing at the gates sorry :( not sorry :(... But truly the only way to stop tunneling or any other issues people have issues people have is to remove individual killing from the game all together.

    Like after a certain number of hooks the killer needs to go to the basement summon the entity with the killer energy and all the survivors get teleported to the basement in the hooks for the killers amusement.

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993333#Comment_3993333

    The only time you'd see me body-blocking the killer, is to prevent a tunnel, to buy the poor teammate some much needed time.
    We might blast mine them, but that is mostly harmless fun. Most of the time, I stand within range, just watching the spectacle unfold.
    But we don't teabag, or BM in that manner anyways :)

    The body blocking I hate is when you're chasing someone for the first time, get one hit, and someone just inserts themselves into the chase. There's no reason for that.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3993423#Comment_3993423

    The body blocking I hate is when you're chasing someone for the first time, get one hit, and someone just inserts themselves into the chase. There's no reason for that.

    Exactly. There is no reason to do that

  • To OG post. I mean, there is nothing wrong with going for the 4k.

  • @Fluffyxox said:

    Failing to get 4K means being tbagged at gate. Survivors will stand in the gate for the entire EGC just to do so. This behavior is one of the primary reasons referenced when "killer anxiety" is talked about. Being shamed for not "winning". If you think the 4K expectation is because its easy, and that killers are complacent with "being op", then you have less than 10 hours as killer.

    I agree with this. Player toxicity is the reason things are out of hand. I mainly play survivor and occasionally play killer so I am great. I think a lot of soloq have left and your left with synergy of SWF. I see this as survivor in solo too. SWFs won’t save someone that isn’t their team mate will alert the killer and do dumb things. Most of the time I do have players waiting for me as killer or when I see them as survivor and they were to far from the gate and get hit I just laugh and leave. The changes are good and will be nerfed. Slugging and tunneling shouldn’t be a go to it should be a last play style. There is actually no point to being slugged at 5 gens and being humped by a killer. It happens a lot and quite frankly there is no need for it. People think it’s funny until it’s done constantly.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Fluffyxox said:

    Failing to get 4K means being tbagged at gate. Survivors will stand in the gate for the entire EGC just to do so. This behavior is one of the primary reasons referenced when "killer anxiety" is talked about. Being shamed for not "winning". If you think the 4K expectation is because its easy, and that killers are complacent with "being op", then you have less than 10 hours as killer.

    I dont know, I feel like this is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy scenario. Killers slugging and refusing to hook when only 2 survivors are left to try hard and go for 4k or just straight up tunneling from the get go at 5 gens for "efficiency." I wouldn't be surprised if the survivors would want to Tbag the killer in their face before they exit the match.

    Similarly, survivors that take advantage of killers that make a lot of mistakes or play more fair and Tbag them at the end and/or go GGEZ in end game chat for example, might also change how killers may want to play in fear of going against these kinds of players again.

    Essentially, toxic players build a toxic community and they ruin the vibe of the game for everyone. Everyone needs to learn to chill tf out and know how to eat a loss and be humble when they win.

1 2 ›