About the Response to Streetwise

Look, I don't normally like to get into interpersonal drama. I enjoy talking about the game and maybe starting arguments here and there over it.

However, these responses are unacceptable, quite frankly.

Gxh8n-3WEAA6oK-.jpg GxiBNktXsAApLpq.jpg Gxh_DvvXEAA4d_E.jpg

Game-ruining bugs should not be a contest! I cannot believe I even have to say that, if something is bugged and ruining games AND people are vocal about it, killswitch it. I am sure there are worse bugs. I cannot believe a company worth hundreds of millions of dollars is USING THEIR OWN FAILURE TO PUSH A WORKING PRODUCT TO LIVE AS AN EXCUSE!

We know that even if the game is unable to be completed normally, ala Merciless Storm, they still won't killswitch it. Merciless Storm had a huge outcry around it, it did get killswitched and "fixed" but ended up bugged AGAIN in the next patch, where it was never killswitched again. Hell, even the Trickster Epilepsy bug, which had REAL WORLD CONSEQUENCES, didn't get killswitched.

Saying that nobody should've been told about the killswitch is really just the cherry-on-top. Other than the fact that we would know about it, just by the basis of not being able to use the Killer, item, Survivor whatever that got disabled, it shows that BHVR views the complaining as the problem, not the actual bug.

Today has been a series of tone-deaf responses and I felt the need to share them with the community.

Comments

  • @Caiman said:

    Straight-up telling us we didn't deserve to know about the killswitch is disgusting. They don't respect their playerbase at all.

    Agreed. As someone who has spent over $1500 in this game on DLC and cosmetics, I do not want to hear that bullshit.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    "No one should've been told about the Killswitch".

    I really hope they don't mean paying customers shouldn't be told the reason why their product suddenly isn't working anymore/accessible. Benefit of the doubt from me personally but holy moly.

    Probably something said out of frustration though, I get it. Been there.

    Still, from someone that's supposed to communicate with the community, this is completely unacceptable and if they can't communicate without frustration seeping in maybe they shouldn't have been put in that position to begin with.

  • @4thdslip said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977457#Comment_3977457

    Hey, are you either able to link to the bug report thread about Freddy, or if one doesn't exist, describe the bugs you're experiencing? From my experiences, I've noted no changes with him, but I'd like to be able to see if I've missed something.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/448033/freddy-snare-delay?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=freddy

    there is a horrible delay when charging his snare it is like you have 200 ping, anyone who has played this killer alot since his rework knows what Im talking about, I linked a bug report above

  • @XxBloodyBaronxX said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977178#Comment_3977178

    Still, from someone that's supposed to communicate with the community, this is completely unacceptable and if they can't communicate without frustration seeping in maybe they shouldn't have been put in that position to begin with.

    Fire the people behind All Things Wicked but not these people BTW

  • I think this is also rather indicative of how inconsistent internal communication has become.

    I get the sense that the CM team is sailing blindly, and have to come up with stuff on the fly based on previous decisions.

    Quite bizarre, really.

  • @StalkingYou said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977468#Comment_3977468

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/448033/freddy-snare-delay?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=freddy

    there is a horrible delay when charging his snare it is like you have 200 ping, anyone who has played this killer alot since his rework knows what Im talking about, I linked a bug report above

    Thanks for the thread, I'm going to give it a bump and see if I can find footage of it in my own recordings in the morning. If there are any Freddy mains in this thread who want a break from Streetwise posting, I'd love some further assistance here too.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977424#Comment_3977424

    Commodius with socket swivels did not speed up the gen to infinity when I stacked it.

    Can confirm that it isnt stacking addons.

    Don't know if it was a side-effect of also using Ace in the Hole, but the gen-speed looked a lot faster than it should have

  • I think it's weird they are acting like there's a bandwidth to how many things they can killswitch. The argument that there are worse bugs then Streetwise so they can't killswitch Streetwise, but then why aren't we killswitching other things then?

    I don't get the point of the killswitch since the devs seem to never want to use it anyways.

  • Even a stacked infinite purple toolbox can't beat teammate incompetence

  • @TheGoone said:

    Even a stacked infinite purple toolbox can't be teammate incompetence

    much like how you can beat a cheater as killer, and its still wrong/bad for the game that they are cheating, you can beat people abusing exploits and still believe the exploits should be killswitched to not let these unfair advantages occur when the are not intended. i might even agree more so to killswitching it if the exploits results are literally just gen rushing the killer or throwing the match for genuine players because you intend to bug exploit. there isnt a single regular player that the existance of this streetwise bug doesnt bother right now if you match up with it.

  • Here I am shocked that it's taken a week what should have been done first day, also still reporting people for exploits all the time. And BHVR says it's really not that big of a problem..for real?

    I really hope you guys talk this out again, have the guys and girls look at the valid arguments in everyones responses here because this is a bad look for you.

    Edit: Oh wrong thread I thought this was the one where they DID respond lol. Oh well.

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977444#Comment_3977444

    Don't know if it was a side-effect of also using Ace in the Hole, but the gen-speed looked a lot faster than it should have

    I was also using Ace in the Hole, but I would still be interested in seeing this bug if you can reproduce it.

  • @gerolau said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3977717#Comment_3977717

    much like how you can beat a cheater as killer, and its still wrong/bad for the game that they are cheating, you can beat people abusing exploits and still believe the exploits should be killswitched to not let these unfair advantages occur when the are not intended. i might even agree more so to killswitching it if the exploits results are literally just gen rushing the killer or throwing the match for genuine players because you intend to bug exploit. there isnt a single regular player that the existance of this streetwise bug doesnt bother right now if you match up with it.

    I agree but even this bug can't beat stupidity

  • Remember when they killswitched Knight for being able to spawn all three guards, which was an impractical bug that took a solid 15-20 seconds of standing still and vaulting windows?

  • we deserve to have it killswitched, but it is funny to see stupid exploiters not even be successful when they fail, ill give you that

  • "We are keeping an eye on it"

    Wel, that's kinda useless for players…

  • I implore everyone to STOP PLAYING DBD UNTIL BHVR GETS THEIR ACT TOGETHER. Stop buying cosmetics, don't buy the Rift, don't buy any characters, don't even boot up the game. Show them that pushing an update that is broken from the ground up and then ignoring the community's concerns, especially when they have the power to do something to alleviate exploitable features, is completely and utterly unacceptable.

    BHVR is not a small indie studio anymore. They need to be held accountable, and continuing to support the game in its current state just shows them that broken releases and responses like this are completely fine. They 100% aren't. Community Feedback and Sentiment might not be criteria for the killswitch to BHVR but it sure as hell is criteria for the game to stay profitable. Vote with your wallets and playtime people, otherwise they will continue to ignore the communities concerns and keep pushing out buggier and buggier patches.

  • Yeah when a lot of people are saying to kill switch it to the point where even the consultants are saying it should be kill switched… Maybe we should kill switch it. Or at least give us written requirements for a kill switch because things have been kill switched for so much less.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    "No one should've been told about the Killswitch".

    I really hope they don't mean paying customers shouldn't be told the reason why their product suddenly isn't working anymore/accessible. Benefit of the doubt from me personally but holy moly.

    Probably something said out of frustration though, I get it. Been there.

    The fact that a person affiliated with the dev company would even say such thing for any reason at all is worrisome.

  • @Caiman said:

    Straight-up telling us we didn't deserve to know about the killswitch is disgusting. They don't respect their playerbase at all.

    It also doesn't even make sense. Do they think we would see the big red ! over something and it being disabled and we would just be like "oh yea, everything is working as per usual" like???

1 2 ›