Conviction Nerfs

Currently Conviction punishes killers for using their powers, reloading, checking for flashlight/flashbang/pallet saves and generally having gamesense. In order to make it more balanced I propose the following changes:

A survivor can only use it once per hook state

It takes longer to get off the ground
You are permanently broken after using it until you become hooked once more
You are put in deep wound after getting off the ground
It deactivates during the end game.

I feel like this would make it much healthier

Example of the issue https://vxtwitter.com/Vengeance_spl/status/1950704135889981891

Comments

  • I really think that maybe only the "it takes longer to get off the ground" part is necessary.

    And maybe making it so you have to charge it after each use? (Unless that is a thing already)

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    Currently Conviction punishes killers for using their powers, reloading, checking for flashlight/flashbang/pallet saves and generally having gamesense. In order to make it more balanced I propose the following changes:

    A survivor can only use it once per hook state

    It takes longer to get off the ground
    You are permanently broken after using it until you become hooked once more
    You are put in deep wound after getting off the ground
    It deactivates during the end game.

    I feel like this would make it much healthier

    Example of the issue https://vxtwitter.com/Vengeance_spl/status/1950704135889981891

    No. I think the perk being usable multiple times is fine and I love to see meta changes. All I think is needed is:

    → no longer activate when you finish heal on yourself

    → needed 50 % recovery progress

  • @SoGo said:

    I really think that maybe only the "it takes longer to get off the ground" part is necessary.

    And maybe making it so you have to charge it after each use? (Unless that is a thing already)

    You have to reactivate it every time, that's true. But you can heal yourself to get it, which is something I'd change. So it's truly antislug oriented perk rather than self pick.

  • In that case, it becomes weaker than Unbreakable and No Mither so there's no reason to run it.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3975452#Comment_3975452

    You have to reactivate it every time, that's true. But you can heal yourself to get it, which is something I'd change. So it's truly antislug oriented perk rather than self pick.

    Sounds fair.

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    Currently Conviction punishes killers for using their powers, reloading, checking for flashlight/flashbang/pallet saves and generally having gamesense. In order to make it more balanced I propose the following changes:

    A survivor can only use it once per hook state

    It takes longer to get off the ground
    You are permanently broken after using it until you become hooked once more
    You are put in deep wound after getting off the ground
    It deactivates during the end game.

    I feel like this would make it much healthier

    Example of the issue https://vxtwitter.com/Vengeance_spl/status/1950704135889981891

    Sorry, missed.