Gens getting done faster?

It seems that ever since this most recent patch gens just get done way faster than before. I'm not sure if it's because all the survivors spawn at one side of the map clustered together or what but it seems like if i chase a survivor for more than fifteen seconds three gens pop at once. Not sure what else to do as Killer but pick high tier killers to even get a match to last longer than one minute.

Comments

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    If its the event, which I avoid on survivor for the most part, gens were slower in my matches because of the totems and the chest. Its like 3500 points for each of those bad boys.

    But maybe thats just MY matches because I am the one making gens go slower… I do/did have people walk around to get them though so no… event especially when the totem thing comes up is generally slower gens. People scramble for them things.


    And people want to be there for every completed gen since you only get the event BP award by actually being on the generator when it completes.

    I still don't understand why BHVR made it so you have to finish the gen yourself for the points. So sweaty when they do it that way.

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968785#Comment_3968785

    That would be ideal but BHVR can't seem to do that. They can't even make an event not Survivor sided, see Blood Moon this year. Events gotta be sided.

    To be fair, my friend, this year's Twisted Masquerade and last year's Haunted by Daylight weren't survivor sided.

  • We need to buff gen regression perks now that there is 3 gen prevention and 8 kick limit

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968805#Comment_3968805

    To be fair, my friend, this year's Twisted Masquerade and last year's Haunted by Daylight weren't survivor sided.

    Yes, true, but the past couple events and modifiers since then have been.

  • @PlotTwister said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3968805#Comment_3968805

    I think the snowman event (Except the first iteration) was fairly balanced? Killers and survivors being able to get in snowmen was fun… except for when the snowmen would bodyblock survivors. That always felt terrible. Also the snowskulls were kinda pointless.

    That said, the blood moon event actually could work if they just made a few basic changes to it. Like hitting a survivor actually destroys the blood can would be a good start.

    The 2022 version was Survivors sided. 2023 and 2024 were balanced. :)

  • "I don't like Pancakes, I didn't like that we had them that one time."
    "SO YOU AGREE WITH ME THAT WAFFLES SUCK, WHY DID YOU EAT WAFFLES WITH ME THIS TIME?"
    "No. I said pancakes suck. I didn't say anything about waffles."

    My point is that the Devs have created modes for both sides that are "sided" during events. No agreeing or disagreeing with anything. There have been Survivor sided events. There have been Killer sided events. Masquerade was Killer sided, in the past Bone Chill was Survivor sided. Blood Moon 2024 was Killer Sided. Blood Moon 2025 was Survivor Sided.

    This is not a gotcha and we are not arguing.

  • @PlotTwister said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3969545#Comment_3969545

    Ah, understandable. I was just a little thrown off by the wording.

    Yeah sorry. I'm autistic and sometimes don't realize my words come off odd or have the wrong tone, sorry for the confusion. I wasn't intending to start an argument, just point out that it's not accurate to say BHVR makes EVERY event Killer sided because there are and were in fact events that were NOT Killer sided.

1 2 ›