Flagged for inactivity

I played yesterday as a killer multiple matches. Not once I went AFK during the matches, but yet, somehow today, as I booted the game on, I was flagged for inactivity. What is this? Am I supposed to play this game 24/7? How does this system even work?

Comments

  • 24/7, you signed the EULA now you must always play. Forever suffer in the fog.

  • @Mr_K said:

    24/7, you signed the EULA now you must always play. Forever suffer in the fog.

    What fog? 😂🤣

  • @Triplehoo said:

    I played yesterday as a killer multiple matches. Not once I went AFK during the matches, but yet, somehow today, as I booted the game on, I was flagged for inactivity. What is this? Am I supposed to play this game 24/7? How does this system even work?

    Can you explain exactly what happened when you logged in today please?

    • How dare you go to sleep/work/be with your family??? You have to play DBD🤣
  • I got the notification yesterday but for a valid reason. the queues for killer were so long that i forgot i ready’d up for a match, went to eat a bowl of cereal, and came back to the last survivor teabagging at the exit gates lol. The message i got was only a warning but if this is happening to people that aren’t even AFK, then that’s a problem.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/451501/flagged-for-inactivity

    Can you explain exactly what happened when you logged in today please?

    I booted up the game, and there was a message in my inbox that said "Our system has recently flagged you as inactive. You are banned from matchmaking for 0 day(s), 0 minute(s), 5 second(s)". And when I tried to queue for a game, I was hit by 5 minute matchmaking ban

    I mean, there was couple of times that I was just idling in the main lobby yesterday, but that can't be the reason?? Right??

  • @MoZo said:

    I got the notification yesterday but for a valid reason. the queues for killer were so long that i forgot i ready’d up for a match, went to eat a bowl of cereal, and came back to the last survivor teabagging at the exit gates lol. The message i got was only a warning but if this is happening to people that aren’t even AFK, then that’s a problem.

    There wasn't even warning of any kind for me. Just "BOOM! You banned!"

  • @MoZo said:

    I got the notification yesterday but for a valid reason. the queues for killer were so long that i forgot i ready’d up for a match, went to eat a bowl of cereal, and came back to the last survivor teabagging at the exit gates lol. The message i got was only a warning but if this is happening to people that aren’t even AFK, then that’s a problem.

    yeah I didn't even know I readied up, I must've pressed Y instead of B (controller) and came back to egc after I ate. got the warning message so it at least works sometimes.

  • If it was idling in the main lobby I'm cooked.

  • @Deadman7600 said:

    If it was idling in the main lobby I'm cooked.

    If it's while there we're all cooked, baked, and boiled over

  • were you playing Bar Clown? Or House Charlotte? maybe Carnival cardboard cutout Ghostface?

    if you mess around now as killer maybe it thinks you're afk

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    were you playing Bar Clown? Or House Charlotte? maybe Carnival cardboard cutout Ghostface?

    if you mess around now as killer maybe it thinks you're afk

    Don't think so. If it were, I would have seen a penalty by now.

  • @MoZo said:

    I got the notification yesterday but for a valid reason. the queues for killer were so long that i forgot i ready’d up for a match, went to eat a bowl of cereal, and came back to the last survivor teabagging at the exit gates lol. The message i got was only a warning but if this is happening to people that aren’t even AFK, then that’s a problem.

    Ahhhh the good ole days of eating cereal and playing video games. Enjoy while you can. Life gets harder when you get older, and the bowls of cereal become far and few in between.

  • You better instal toilat into yor gaming chair, no ones allowed to leave the fog.

  • @ImWinston said:

    • How dare you go to sleep/work/be with your family??? You have to play DBD🤣

    I stay single for this reason alone.

  • @Dark_Vorahk1 said:

    Recently enabled cross progression and was interested in collecting the achievements again on a new platform. I played as The Shape, seeking 100 Tier ups for The man behind the bush. I played exclusively for the achievement, so while I tiered up around 7 times I did not attempt to hook until end game. During the collapse the friendly survivors pointed at a hook and I ended up getting 6 hooks total.

    After all Survivors escaped, I received a 15 minute penalty. For what? I moved around the map the entire game. I got stunned by pallets, I chased survivors, I even ended the trial with a few hooks. But I received a penalty for being friendly? This is really disappointing.

    I had this same thing. After breaking tens of pallets, having a few short chase, and even up to 6 hooks I still get penalties.