Rift Pass Completion Quest stuck/not progressing.

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: My rift pass completion quest titled "complete 48 rift pass quest(s)" is stuck at 40/48.

PLATFORM: PC/Steam.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Unsure when it first occurred but I can say with certainty that it was at 40/48 before the Week 11 rift pass quests came out and after completing a few of the Week 11 rift pass quests, it still hasn't progressed.

VIDEO: (Ignore me pausing my show xD)

Watch DBD Rift Pass Quest Bug Report Clip by evuhh and millions of other Dead By Daylight videos on Medal. Tags: Dead By Daylight

PLAYER LOGS:

There was an error displaying this embed. DeadByDaylight.log

Comments

  • I also have 52/64 rift pass quest done. But it is stuck at 47/48.

    PC/Steam

    screenshot.jpeg
  • @ArcT said:

    This has blocked me from finishing both the regular rift and the event rift. I have 31 Twisted Masquerade quests done, and yet don't have 6 quests done and has been stuck on 5/6 as I cleared multiple quests, and have 54 Rift Pass quests done, yet only 45 are counted, likewise not progressing at all. Fantastic work, team.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0RJ8VNUNFOBQ/dead-by-daylight-screenshot-2025-07-23-15-50-29-28.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1IA7F9HOMYCC/dead-by-daylight-screenshot-2025-07-23-15-50-32-97.png

    The event one is worded weirdly. It means complete 6 quests from part 5, not all quests. If you do the 15 trial quest then it should complete like normal.

  • @ArcT said:

    This has blocked me from finishing both the regular rift and the event rift. I have 31 Twisted Masquerade quests done, and yet don't have 6 quests done and has been stuck on 5/6 as I cleared multiple quests, and have 54 Rift Pass quests done, yet only 45 are counted, likewise not progressing at all. Fantastic work, team.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0RJ8VNUNFOBQ/dead-by-daylight-screenshot-2025-07-23-15-50-29-28.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1IA7F9HOMYCC/dead-by-daylight-screenshot-2025-07-23-15-50-32-97.png

    The event one, you need to do 4 more event games to complete.

  • mine is stuck at 47/48 and I’ve completed close to 60 quests I’m not sure of the exact number but it’s over 55

  • Captura de pantalla (1463).png

    stuck at 43/48 but the other side says 53 of 64 completed

  • Same issue. I have done killer quests and it will progress during my match, (killed 15 survivors) but when I get to the main menu it gives me my rewards for the other quests but does not progress the count for the 48 rift pass quest. I am stuck at 47/48 quests completed when I have completed 58 Rift quests. I opened a ticket but they brushed me off and said my problem was resolved when it was not. Here is the screenshot I took the same day they said my issue was resolved.

    Rift challenge bug.png
  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Hey there folks. I can confirm that this has been flagged to the team to look into. I appreciate all of you sharing your unique cases here, as that helps with investigations.

    it’s also happening with the “complete 6 twisted masquerade quests” quest too, mines been pinned at 5/6 all week. I want the charm from it but I’m not going to be able to get it since I have all but 1 quest done

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Popping in with a quick update that the team's investigation into this is still ongoing, but very much something they're looking into.

    Out of interest so I can get them even more intel, for those of your encountering this, do you see your quest completion totals increase when you complete "gameplay" quests (i.e. sacrifice xx Survivors)? What about when you complete "quest progression" quests (i.e. complete xx quests)? I'd be interested to know if you're getting different results between these types of quests.

    When completing any other rift quest total rift pass updating normally. Also have a question. Initially I thought I need to finish ANY rift pass quest ( regardless if its purely killer or survivor quests, cus some quests can be dual either surv or killer) Then it didnt update if i complete only survivor quests ( for example quest only can be completed as survivor heal state ), Its very confusing cus of icons… not clear u need to complete any quest or specifically only dual quests that can be done by both sides… would be great if next rift pass it will be more clear. Anyway back to question.

    I noticed that it stopped to update after dev team fix previous issue with not tracking 200 seconds in chase. I might be wrong but it seems to me after that issue fixed total 48 quests stopped to track. It might explain why everyone has different completed numbers. Some of my dbd buddies could finish this before fixing chase issue.

    381210_738.jpg
  • @Chubbee said:

    Hi I'm also encountering this issue, my other guests are completing and I'm getting those rewards. I thought I was going crazy, I was grinding out killer challenges thinking oh maybe I need to do these ones to get it. Nope. Happy to see I'm not the only one

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1MTDBAFLGBH8/image.png


    Like these quests came out yesterday and I'm getting progress updates on them and finishing them, but the Complete 48 Rift Quests is stuck.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZGACO7XBZFOA/image.png

    If you have a moment, would you be able to DM me your player ID? That way, I can pass it along to the team to aid in their investigation and help get some additional clarity on what might be happening here.

  • @GhostRonin said:

    Same issue. I have done killer quests and it will progress during my match, (killed 15 survivors) but when I get to the main menu it gives me my rewards for the other quests but does not progress the count for the 48 rift pass quest. I am stuck at 47/48 quests completed when I have completed 58 Rift quests. I opened a ticket but they brushed me off and said my problem was resolved when it was not. Here is the screenshot I took the same day they said my issue was resolved.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4QGADC9Q6M80/rift-challenge-bug.png

    Similar to the above comment, if you're completing gameplay-related quests and the "complete 48 Rift Pass quests" quest isn't progressing to show their completion, please don't hesitate to fire me a DM with your Player ID and I can make sure that's shared with the team to aid in their investigation.

  • I have the same issue. 59 quests completed but the completion quest is stuck.

    20250724111734_1.jpg
  • I’m also stuck at 46/48 rift pass quest completed. I have done 60 quest and the progress stayed the same.PS5

    IMG_6824.jpeg
  • Upvoting this because I'm stuck at 47/48 but I have completed 59 quests. I wonder if the issue has something to do with Rift Pass Week 6. I reported a bug a while back about that Rift week, that my "Being chased for 200 seconds" quest wasn't progessing at all until it was miraculously ticked off later but I don't remember ever getting rewards for it.

    20250724195752_1.jpg
  • I'm also leaving note here on your official forums as I've reached out to support multiple times and they stated I've just been doing this wrong. My spouse was able to get her banner with far fewer completed quests. Please address this ASAP as the banner ends in just a few days!

    381210_18.jpg
  • Hello folks! Coming back to this thread, if you're currently encountering an issue with Rift Pass Completion Quests not progressing, I would encourage you to reach out to our Support team. While the dev team is investigating this issue, I don't currently have a timeline to share for a fix.

    For this reason, getting your ticket in with Support helps make sure your specific issue is noted on their end. Given they're expecting an increase in tickets, there may be delays in getting a response, but rest assured that they are being received.

    Thank you so much for your patience!

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Hello folks! Coming back to this thread, if you're currently encountering an issue with Rift Pass Completion Quests not progressing, I would encourage you to reach out to our Support team. While the dev team is investigating this issue, I don't currently have a timeline to share for a fix.

    For this reason, getting your ticket in with Support helps make sure your specific issue is noted on their end. Given they're expecting an increase in tickets, there may be delays in getting a response, but rest assured that they are being received.

    Thank you so much for your patience!

    Do you still want more player ID's to pass along or is reaching out to support fine for now?

  • I'm having the same issue: Completed 49 quests (not counting the first three completion quests) but it is stuck at 44/48 even though I just finished 2 more quests for this week

  • The rift ends in 3 days and if this isn't addressed by then there's no way we get our banners… Support doesn't seem to care and keeps telling me I'm doing it incorrectly.

  • Just to add mine to the list, not inlcuding "rift pass completion quests" I am on 50/64 (double checked by counting every tick,) 53 including the former, but stuck on 42/48 completed (on PC.) Fingers crossed support come back with a solution! Good luck all 🤞

    20250725030817_1.jpg 20250725031612_1.jpg
  • 381210_20250724225011_1.png

    Adding mine as well. I'm stuck at 47/48 even though I have 56 completed. I tried doing more quests from both sides to update it with no luck.

  • Not to pile on but this is also happening to me. Stuck at 46/48 even though I have almost no more quests even available. Also, I'm on PC.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3969934#Comment_3969934

    Do you still want more player ID's to pass along or is reaching out to support fine for now?

    We've got a solid number of Player IDs at this point, so I'd say we're good on my side, but thank you for checking!!

  • Hey guys, a little update for everybody. I reported this issue as @ThatRyanB suggested and I received a reply 5 minutes after my submitting my ticket. See the reply below:

    Thank you for reaching out to BHVR support, I'm Katherine and I will help you today.
     
    I understand that you're unable to complete 48 Rift quest and I am sorry to hear about this. Let me provide clarification about this.
     
    Kindly know that Completion Quests do not count towards the progress of other Completion quests however, this is fixed now and you can progress on the other quests to continue progressing.
     
    If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us again and we appreciate your love and support for Dead by Daylight.

    See you in The Fog.

    So for anybody who doesn't quite understand what she meant, it's this: The "complete 3 quests this week" quests within each week don't count towards the overall progression, so out of the 5 quests in each week only 4 count towards the overall progression (4 quests x 12 weeks = 48 quests overall).
    ➡️ While the counter still seems to be out of sync/incorrect, this basically means that all quests for all weeks have to be completed to earn the last reward.

    20250725210749_1.jpg
  • As the poster above said I was also able to brute force it but had to complete EVERY SINGLE challenge. The above statement is incorrect however as this is not intended and support simply doesn't have any other solution to offer. My friends are missing quite a few of the new challenges and still have the banner. So for anyone who encountered this bug just note it can be corrected by doing all 64 quests. I hope I never have to deal with this support ever again. Good luck…

    381210_19.jpg
  • I'm stuck at 46/48 and, when I manage to do something that's NOT a completion quest, the count still doesn't increase. For example, tonight, I knocked out an old quest to hook four survivors in a single match and I got all of the rewards for completing that quest and it gave a check mark but my count stayed at 46. It happened with another quest earlier in the week as well — can't quite remember, but I think I had to fully deplete a med kit or something. Got the quest, but the count stayed the same.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I'm stuck at 46/48 and, when I manage to do something that's NOT a completion quest, the count still doesn't increase. For example, tonight, I knocked out an old quest to hook four survivors in a single match and I got all of the rewards for completing that quest and it gave a check mark but my count stayed at 46. It happened with another quest earlier in the week as well — can't quite remember, but I think I had to fully deplete a med kit or something. Got the quest, but the count stayed the same.

    If had to make a wild guess at what's happening by going from the above responses, there was some "bug" where the complete 3 quests this week were counting towards the 48 completion total when it wasn't supposed to.

    Eventually they fixed this so they no longer counted and took away the progress those quests were giving but in doing so it broke the counter and it no longer updates. So while it might say 46/48 it's actually at something like 42/48 and will update properly once the person does every quest since it's working in the backend, the counter just isn't updating to reflect this.

    This is of course a big assumption on my end but since people are completing it by doing every quest, I'd assume this is what's happening. It seems like people who did enough quests before this "fix" don't have to worry since they already got the reward. -_-

    Edit: This is exactly what's happening. I only have one challenge left now after playing a bit and my progress updated to 47/48 from 46/48.

  • I agree, they were counting but not anymore. Mine says 43/48 completed but in this scenario I technically only completed 40/48 and my 43 hasnt changed since I need to do 4 to update to 44. They are not gonna update everyones actual number thats bad customer service lol. If you were able to finish before the fix then you got lucky of not having to complete all the quests which is what is needed now after the fix. The Nocturnal Petals banner has become so infamous. Just give it to us please, we did nothing wrong lol.

  • @dwolfbanner55 said:

    I agree, they were counting but not anymore. Mine says 43/48 completed but in this scenario I technically only completed 40/48 and my 43 hasnt changed since I need to do 4 to update to 44. They are not gonna update everyones actual number thats bad customer service lol. If you were able to finish before the fix then you got lucky of not having to complete all the quests which is what is needed now after the fix. The Nocturnal Petals banner has become so infamous. Just give it to us please, we did nothing wrong lol.

    Yup, I just tested this to confirm my suspicion. I did 3-4 challenges today with only 1 challenge left and my progress went from 46/48 to 47/48. It only changed after I was on the last challenge.

    100% the counter not updating to take in account the changes to 3 quest(s) a week no longer counting to the total.

  • Hey yall I literally made an account just to post this. I found a fix after getting nowhere with support and other avenues, so the fix is do all the rift quests 64/64. I just finished my last one and when I got back to the lobby the banner popped up, I really really hope this will not be an issue next rift because this was very frustrating especially since no actual fix has come out with only 3 days left on the pass. Good luck hope this helps everyone

  • @KhalDrago said:

    Hey yall I literally made an account just to post this. I found a fix after getting nowhere with support and other avenues, so the fix is do all the rift quests 64/64. I just finished my last one and when I got back to the lobby the banner popped up, I really really hope this will not be an issue next rift because this was very frustrating especially since no actual fix has come out with only 3 days left on the pass. Good luck hope this helps everyone

    Yep, this is what fixed it for me too. After being stuck at 47/48, filing a support ticket...this was the solution. Had to finish all the weekly quests and now I finally have the banner.

    Thank you!

  • Are they really not gonna fix this and just force everybody to finish every single quest? Can't they simply give everyone who got a certain amount of completed quests the last reward banner in their inbox? Specially since this is a wide spread issue, there's just a few days left, and not everyone is aware that this is the solution since many people don't hang out in the forums.

  • Like it's literally just a banner, not a cosmetic or a weapon or a huge amount of currency. Why be stingy, specially since it's something that broke on bhvr's part and they weren't able to fix. Now I gotta get 800 seconds of aura reveal with the very limited aura reveal perks I've acquired with killer.

  • Hi there, stuck at 41/48, done way more quests than required 😥

  • @PoetOfTheFall said:

    Hi there, stuck at 41/48, done way more quests than required 😥

    You will have to complete every single quest to get the reward

  • Up! Having the same issue - stuck at 45/48 despite having 54 completed, on PC.

    Rift Pass.jpg
  • I am having to same issue, I have completed 52 quests and yet it continues to say that I only have 47/48

  • Its stuck for me too. I even went ahead and did some killer challenges, I have provided 2 images, one before and after playing killer. And as you can see the number on the left gets higher, but my completion doesnt go up!

    202507~2.JPG 202507~3.JPG
  • It's happening to me too, not gaining progress. And since there's no way for me to complete all the remaining challenges without burning myself out on the game, I've just given up. I'm not waiting in long Killer queues to play more of a side I enjoy less, to grind a bunch of quests I don't find enjoyable.

    Disappointing because I love the banner. In the old tomes, it was never needed to do all the quests on even one side to get the final reward. As long as you did most survivor/killer challenges, or a mix of both, you could pick the path that was the most fun for your playstyle. Now you have to complete ALL quests for both survivor and killer? Just really demotivating.

    All this on top of a now necessary quest that makes it annoying for the other side and likely to get you tunneled out. (The blind the killer while they are carrying a survivor quest). Simply un-fun design.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3970527#Comment_3970527

    If had to make a wild guess at what's happening by going from the above responses, there was some "bug" where the complete 3 quests this week were counting towards the 48 completion total when it wasn't supposed to.

    Eventually they fixed this so they no longer counted and took away the progress those quests were giving but in doing so it broke the counter and it no longer updates. So while it might say 46/48 it's actually at something like 42/48 and will update properly once the person does every quest since it's working in the backend, the counter just isn't updating to reflect this.

    This is of course a big assumption on my end but since people are completing it by doing every quest, I'd assume this is what's happening. It seems like people who did enough quests before this "fix" don't have to worry since they already got the reward. -_-

    Edit: This is exactly what's happening. I only have one challenge left now after playing a bit and my progress updated to 47/48 from 46/48.

    I think you're right — the intention was probably to complete "all quests" for the final reward, but they messed up the count somehow. I am down to one quest remaining and the counter finally moved to 47/48.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3970527#Comment_3970527

    If had to make a wild guess at what's happening by going from the above responses, there was some "bug" where the complete 3 quests this week were counting towards the 48 completion total when it wasn't supposed to.

    Eventually they fixed this so they no longer counted and took away the progress those quests were giving but in doing so it broke the counter and it no longer updates. So while it might say 46/48 it's actually at something like 42/48 and will update properly once the person does every quest since it's working in the backend, the counter just isn't updating to reflect this.

    This is of course a big assumption on my end but since people are completing it by doing every quest, I'd assume this is what's happening. It seems like people who did enough quests before this "fix" don't have to worry since they already got the reward. -_-

    Edit: This is exactly what's happening. I only have one challenge left now after playing a bit and my progress updated to 47/48 from 46/48.

    We NEVER had to do all the challenges to get the rift rewards, why are they starting to do that now? This is honestly not cool, and they should adress and change that asap. I and many others have not been doing all challenges because the progress was getting done at a reasonable speed, and now we have like what, 2 days left to sweat towards completion. I hope they will change that and give us the reward in the end.

  • same here…. im crying.

    EDIT: Can confirm, do all 64 Quests and u get the 48 Progress

    Screenshot 2025-07-27 124630.png Screenshot 2025-07-26 201851.png
  • Hello, so I had the same issue and contacted support and sent them my logs, apparently it is not a bug but you need to complete all quests in all 12 weeks because quest "Complete 3 Rift Quests this week" doesn't count to progression. Here I copy paste response from the support:

    The Completion Quests previously did count toward each other but this wasn't intended and it's fixed now and that's why it seems like your quest count is frozen in place. It'll remain at this number until you truly reach and surpass 42 Quests that count towards the completion of it. If you progress on the other quests that you still have available to do, you'll be able to progress this one and complete it, receiving the reward.
     
    Each week has 5 Quests to be complete, for 12 weeks it gives you 60 quests, plus the four quests for Rift Pass Completion Quests, summing up to 64. From these weekly quests, one is always "Complete 3 quests this week", so if we remove this quest from all the weeks, it leaves us with 4 quests for each week. Four quests per week times 12 weeks, give you the 48 quests that you need to complete, so in resume, you need to complete all quests from all weeks in order to complete the "Complete 48 Rift Quests" quest and receive the reward.

  • Pretty good job so far.png

    I have this problem too. Today I completed Heal 1 survivor(s) from the dying state which is NOT "Complete 3 Rift Quests this week" quest and the progress still did not change.

  • @Revivi said:

    It's happening to me too, not gaining progress. And since there's no way for me to complete all the remaining challenges without burning myself out on the game, I've just given up. I'm not waiting in long Killer queues to play more of a side I enjoy less, to grind a bunch of quests I don't find enjoyable.

    Disappointing because I love the banner. In the old tomes, it was never needed to do all the quests on even one side to get the final reward. As long as you did most survivor/killer challenges, or a mix of both, you could pick the path that was the most fun for your playstyle. Now you have to complete ALL quests for both survivor and killer? Just really demotivating.

    All this on top of a now necessary quest that makes it annoying for the other side and likely to get you tunneled out. (The blind the killer while they are carrying a survivor quest). Simply un-fun design.

    seriously :( im not very good at being a killer so i stayed away from those quests (especially because of the long wait times), i wish the "finish 3 quests this week" actually counted towards the progress because as it stands my remaining quests are the killer-only ones + the one that wants you to blind a killer while theyre carrying a survivor. im horrific at flashlight saves and they require some finesse so its just like :/

    im at 53/64 total quests but the game has me stuck at 44 rift pass quests it just feels so misleading

    ETA: just finished 2 killer quests and im still stuck at 44. man

    image.png DeadByDaylight.log
  • Same here. I have been stuck at 44/48 all weekend. :(

  • @MiraLanster said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3970549#Comment_3970549

    We NEVER had to do all the challenges to get the rift rewards, why are they starting to do that now? This is honestly not cool, and they should adress and change that asap. I and many others have not been doing all challenges because the progress was getting done at a reasonable speed, and now we have like what, 2 days left to sweat towards completion. I hope they will change that and give us the reward in the end.

    Created an account specifically to second this. I had just assumed, based on how tomes used to work, that you didn't need to complete every challenge in order to get the badges/banners/charm awards. The count going up the way I expected it to further corroborated this assumption, the event tomes not needing all the quests done also corroborated this assumption. This looked like a bug, so I didn't worry about it. Having support come in and tell us we needed to complete practically, if not every, challenge with less than a week to go on the rift is absurd. If I had known about this earlier, I would have played accordingly over the course of the rift.

    Not to mention, folks who have already unlocked the banner before this change was made probably unlocked it ages ago. This is only affecting people who heavily skew towards one role. Really hope BHVR walks this one back for this rift and properly communicates requirements for the next one.

  • Screenshot 2025-07-27 000809.png

    same here, really annoyed tbh i wanted that flower banner :c

  • I got the 48/48 once I completed every single rift quest in every week. I had this glitch as well, and finally got it to work after finishing all of the quests 64/64.

    image.png
  • I also have this bug and have completed 55 rift quest :( I’m stuck at 46/48

    IMG_6744.jpeg
1 2 3