Rift Pass Completion Quest stuck/not progressing.

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: My rift pass completion quest titled "complete 48 rift pass quest(s)" is stuck at 40/48.

PLATFORM: PC/Steam.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Unsure when it first occurred but I can say with certainty that it was at 40/48 before the Week 11 rift pass quests came out and after completing a few of the Week 11 rift pass quests, it still hasn't progressed.

VIDEO: (Ignore me pausing my show xD)

Watch DBD Rift Pass Quest Bug Report Clip by evuhh and millions of other Dead By Daylight videos on Medal. Tags: Dead By Daylight

PLAYER LOGS:

There was an error displaying this embed. DeadByDaylight.log

Comments

  • 1000001792.png

    I just want the nocturnal petals

  • Can you please just give the banner to every player at this point?

  • @faeriemoji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3970841#Comment_3970841

    Created an account specifically to second this. I had just assumed, based on how tomes used to work, that you didn't need to complete every challenge in order to get the badges/banners/charm awards. The count going up the way I expected it to further corroborated this assumption, the event tomes not needing all the quests done also corroborated this assumption. This looked like a bug, so I didn't worry about it. Having support come in and tell us we needed to complete practically, if not every, challenge with less than a week to go on the rift is absurd. If I had known about this earlier, I would have played accordingly over the course of the rift.

    Not to mention, folks who have already unlocked the banner before this change was made probably unlocked it ages ago. This is only affecting people who heavily skew towards one role. Really hope BHVR walks this one back for this rift and properly communicates requirements for the next one.

    This is what bothers me the most too. It feels like a rug-pull to be told at the last minute that the rules have changed.

    For YEARS you have been able to get the final banner or charm without playing the other side. It wasn't even necessary to complete all the quests a single side, there were always a few you could skip. And having that changed with no warning is really crappy.

  • 19849d1b68176-c79337FBF8C33F96BEB.547BE1F3DE2AA226_message_448862776777603_1753370221787.jpg

    Mine is bugged too. Been at 44/48 for a while I've currently completed 56 of them.

  • Screenshot 2025-07-27 184321.png

    I´m at 53 quests and want the patels too :c

    Why did Behaviour betray us?

  • I opened a ticket about the missing reward

  • Honestly, thats my message to BHVR staff:

    At this point just give the banner as a code for "free". Its easier, faster and cheaper instead of investigating issues and solving it one by one

  • same bug for me… :(

    image.png
  • Can confirm I did EVERY quest and I finally got credit. This is absurd.

    1) As other people have said, in the past you could complete rifts while only playing one role. Not everyone enjoys both roles and requiring both is a mistake.

    2) Changing what quests give credit midway through a rift without communicating it is terrible customer service.

  • 20250728013705_1.jpg

    I'm stuck too with 59/64 quests done, while the pass says 45/48.

    I was trying to do some more quests today to complete everything. I managed to do 3 quests in 1 match, but all of them didn't count. All the quests I did were pinned. Maybe the quests you pin are the problem? I can't test further since the remaining quests are too tedious to do for me.

  • i guess the best thing we can do is contact customer support in bulk or something :( these rift quest changes are ridiculous, we shouldnt have to do every single one for a reward when the rift tomes never forced us to do this. it sucks especially because it feels like there was no communication from bhvr about this

  • image.png

    I play on PC and have the same problem.

    It says I have 51/64 quests completed, but the completion quest progress is stuck at 42/48.

  • i had posted in here a few days ago having the same issue, i just ended up doing all 64 quests and i was able to get the banner that way…took me waaayy too long since i'm a terrible killer lol. but doing all the quests worked for me!

  • I’ve had the same issue on PS5. I didn’t even realize it until a couple hours ago. I completed 3 killer challenges in a couple matches and haven’t gotten any progress. I’m still stuck at 44/48. I thought it was going to be an easy night to do 4 quests and get my last banner reward but no such luck. Hopefully this gets fixed because the Rift is only here for one more day.

    IMG_3441.jpeg
  • image.png

    Mine is stuck at 47/48 even though I completed 2 quests on the pass quests today.

  • Same Problem here on Xbox, i'm 45/48, i hope they give it after the rift closes

    DeadByDaylight-2025_07_28-15-05-11.png
  • @Medrusa said:

    I got the 48/48 once I completed every single rift quest in every week. I had this glitch as well, and finally got it to work after finishing all of the quests 64/64.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ANZVKVNVVR5U/image.png

    Confirmed, completed every single rift quest

  • heres what support said for me:

    The Completion Quests previously did count toward each other but this wasn't intended and it's fixed now and that's why it seems like your quest count is frozen in place. It'll remain at this number until you truly reach and surpass 44 Quests that count towards the completion of it. If you progress on the other quests that you still have available to do, you'll be able to progress this one and complete it, receiving the reward.

    thanks a lot bhvr

  • @aklai said:

    heres what support said for me:

    The Completion Quests previously did count toward each other but this wasn't intended and it's fixed now and that's why it seems like your quest count is frozen in place. It'll remain at this number until you truly reach and surpass 44 Quests that count towards the completion of it. If you progress on the other quests that you still have available to do, you'll be able to progress this one and complete it, receiving the reward.

    thanks a lot bhvr

    finding this out the day before the rift ends is truly disapointing. I had contacted BHVR a week ago and heard no response after I sent them the files they said they needed. Is their response to the ticket gonna be tough luck, better luck next rift?

  • image.png

    sorry for the double post, but just checked now it seems they lowered the requirement to 36 challenges. Thanks BHVR for making it right.

  • so i have marked is as completed but i dont have the reward…

    image.png image.png image.png
  • @FusselTeddy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GFWCK00E4XB9/20250728013705-1.jpg

    I'm stuck too with 59/64 quests done, while the pass says 45/48.

    I was trying to do some more quests today to complete everything. I managed to do 3 quests in 1 match, but all of them didn't count. All the quests I did were pinned. Maybe the quests you pin are the problem? I can't test further since the remaining quests are too tedious to do for me.

    20250728181635_1.jpg

    Seems like BHVR lowered the numbers. The quest seems to be fillfilled, but I still don't habe the banner, even after relogging.

    Edit: As I did another quest from the pass, I got the banner.

  • Coming back to this thread to confirm that, yes, the team pushed a fix for this issue today, which lowers the required quests for these cumulative quests. As an important note, you'll likely need to play one match in order for these in-game quest values to update.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Coming back to this thread to confirm that, yes, the team pushed a fix for this issue today, which lowers the required quests for these cumulative quests. As an important note, you'll likely need to play one match in order for these in-game quest values to update.

    Thank you so much

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Coming back to this thread to confirm that, yes, the team pushed a fix for this issue today, which lowers the required quests for these cumulative quests. As an important note, you'll likely need to play one match in order for these in-game quest values to update.

    Thank you for this. Hearing from previous post that I had to do every challenge left a day before the rift ends was not what I wanted to hear. I do like hearing this though. :)

  • Extremely happy to bring y'all the good news! Please do let me know here if you're still encountering issues, though 😀

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Coming back to this thread to confirm that, yes, the team pushed a fix for this issue today, which lowers the required quests for these cumulative quests. As an important note, you'll likely need to play one match in order for these in-game quest values to update.

    Thanks for the news!

  • Screenshot 2025-07-28 112837.png image.png Screenshot 2025-07-28 113833.png

    Shows completed with a green check mark.

    Does not appear in my inventory. Completed a match, which completed 2 dailies, did not update.

    Tracking for 47/36 is checked green and stuck on my pinned quests.

  • @Dast said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZZZ522C2YTGQ/screenshot-2025-07-28-112837.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7AGYUG49Q6U3/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O3P1N40E99IA/screenshot-2025-07-28-113833.png

    Shows completed with a green check mark.

    Does not appear in my inventory. Completed a match, which completed 2 dailies, did not update.

    Tracking for 47/36 is checked green and stuck on my pinned quests.

    Thanks for following up on this! In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Support, as this is something that they're equipped to help out with.

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3971833#Comment_3971833

    Thanks for following up on this! In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Support, as this is something that they're equipped to help out with.

    Thank you, I did do this. But…

    Update - I did one killer quest and it updated my quest tracker so the banner is showing up now. All fixed on my end. Is there a way to cancel a ticket to clear the queue?

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Coming back to this thread to confirm that, yes, the team pushed a fix for this issue today, which lowers the required quests for these cumulative quests. As an important note, you'll likely need to play one match in order for these in-game quest values to update.

    This is amazing news! Thank you so much for listening and making sure it was fixed before the end of the rift. I had given up on getting the banner, so this is a wonderful surprise. <3

  • @Dast said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3971835#Comment_3971835

    Thank you, I did do this. But…

    Update - I did one killer quest and it updated my quest tracker so the banner is showing up now. All fixed on my end. Is there a way to cancel a ticket to clear the queue?

    Good question (and thanks for checking)! If you simply reply to the automated email in your inbox that came from creating the ticket with a quick message that the issue has been resolved, that'll allow them to easily close the ticket.

  • The fix that was just deployed caused "Complete 36 Rift Pass Quests" to be marked as done, but the Nocturnal Petals banner still doesn't appear in my inventory.

  • Same, the fix hasn't worked for me either and with the rift closing in a few hours i'm a little antsy 😥

  • Apparently, you have to complete one more quest (either on killer or survivor) in order for the banner to unlock. I just got mine by doing a killer quest from Week 2. If this will be the only way for players to unlock the banner in less than 24 hours, this should be communicated ASAP.

    Note: playing a match will not unlock the banner, it has to be at least one more completed quest.

  • Thank you ThatRyanB for the assistance with this :)

    It was marked done when i logged on, but not in my inv. Making progress on one of the quests (not finishing it) was enough for it to unlock for me.

  • It's not fixed for me. I've done 52 quests and even after the fix I still don't get the banner. I know Imyou said we have to play one match to update it, but I played like 20 and it doesn't work. There is the green checkmark, but it's still not owned/not in my inventory.

    Edit: doing more quests also doesn't work

  • Today I got a banner right after I entered the game, without quests or matches.
    I found it in my inventory and equipped it without any problems.
    I had previously completed 50+ Rift quests (but not all).

  • My Milestones have completely reset. Or are these new milestones?

    It says 1 hour left to complete them, so I'm confused.

  • I am also having this problem, stuck to 35/36 even though I've done many more. The rift is closing soon. What do I do?! 😭😭😭

    20250729170017_1.jpg
  • At this point I'm not sure if I even care, but the fix yesterday didn't work for me either. I took the time to play the 'one more match' and completed a slate of daily quests in the process, but despite the banner being checked off in my Quests page, I do not have Nocturnal Petals in my banner inventory.

  • The fix didn’t work for me, I never got the banner despite playing a game and them lowering the requirement…

    Edit: I’m on PS5, idk if that makes a difference

  • Had the same issue. Fix didn’t work. Submitted a support ticket only for them to respond and say “completion quests don’t count towards completion quests” …NSS.

    IMG_0466.jpeg
1 2 3 ›