Houndmaster - Revisited
So, some time ago, I proposed some changes that the devs could do to Houndmaster to make her a better killer.
I'd like to redo them in this post. Constructive feedback is appreciated.
Here they are:
Chase Command:
• Make Snug's pull cycles faster. In short, this makes Snug have more pull strength.
Search Command:
• Polish it up so it snaps to stuff better. This is my only wish.
Houndsense:
• It NEEDS to do more. Currently it only highlights survivors (which is helpful), applies Deep Wounds (which also helps a bit), and increases the volume of survivor sounds, but only when hitting them (which does not help)?
• The easiest thing to do would be to make the tracking effects apply at all times while it is active.
Bugs (please fix them asap):
• The Houndsense bug that makes it vanish from everyone when a survivor dies or is unhooked.
• The model bug which causes her to have that weird smile.
• The missing voicelines (she is supposed to have stun voicelines).
• The bug where Snug gets stuck on things.
• New bug from 9.0.0 - Sometimes, the game starts to get incredibly choppy and stuttery while you're moving. No idea why it happens.
Add-ons:
Sticky Pitch (Rework):
• Decreases the Slipstream decay speed by 40%.
Creature's Bone (Rework):
• Every time the Dog gets stunned, your lunge increases by 20% for 20 seconds.
• This effect deactivates after a successful Basic Attack.
Smoked Snapper (Rework):
• Increases the radius of Houndsense by 20%.
Barley Meal (Buff):
• Increase the bonus distance to 30%.
Belaying Pins (Buff):
• Increase the duration to 30 seconds.
Knotted Rope (Buff):
• Increase the Basic Attack reduction to 8%
Training Bell (Rework):
• Snug now always pulls survivors away from pallets, regardless of your location.
Waterskin (Rework):
• After the Dog gets stunned by a pallet, it will break after a 2 second delay.
Spiky Collar (Buff):
• Increase the duration to 70 seconds.
Leather Harness (Buff):
• Increase the duration of its effect to 60 seconds.
Gunpowder Tin (Buff):
• Increase the duration of its effect to 30 seconds.
Ship Figurehead (Change):
• Now also decreases the range of the Dog's Lullaby by 50%.
Torn Novel (Rework):
• Allows you to Redirect the Dog twice.
Comments
Friend I comment equally about changes for both Killer and Survivor, and things that can and do affect both. Just because I happen to bring up the side I like more often doesn't mean I don't play Survivor enough to know what Survivor needs.
This mistaken assumption, that people who talk more about one side ONLY main that side and want the other one to suffer, is one that you seem to keep making with multiple people on these forums, myself included. Check your own bias before calling out that of others.
Speaking of that, I seem to remember you calling Killers as low tier as Doctor and Ghostface "overpowered", "boring", and "faceroll gameplay" because you struggle against them and think somehow that makes them unfair… I'm not trying to call you out or anything but it sure seems like maybe you're the one here who's not neutral.
If you don't have anything to add to actually improve a currently bugged Killer that is so glitchy it currently negatively impacts the Killer game experience, or if you do not play Killer at all (I'm sure you must play SOME as you commented here), then perhaps this discussion isn't one where you can help.
Hi. A reminder to please keep comments civil and respectful. Thank you!
Having to aim alone doesn't make a power fair, what a crazy statement. If Kaneki could down in power would that be fair since he has to aim? xd
Bro discovered 2 killer designs I don't like and decided that means I must not like any of them, that's on you
If you actually knew what survivor needs you wouldn't advocate for stealth gameplay, because that's a big part of what makes the soloq experience so awful, so clearly you don't know what survivor needs.
This is quite literally just about the only time I've made such an assumption lol, check your facts before making such a ridiculous comment.
Yes, I did call those killers boring and faceroll (but never overpowered, but of course you're putting words in my mouth) because they are. Again putting words in my mouth because it was never because I "struggle against them." And you're response to me calling them boring and faceroll was something along the lines of "no they're not, the devs disagree, get over it." But sure, you're definitely not biased when the only point you can come up with to defend your stance is "because I said so."
What I have added to this discussion is that this killer is already problematic and shouldn't be buffed (like OP was referencing) and should really get a whole new power. That's adding to the discussion whether you like it or not, ignoring it doesn't change that.
But right, I'm the biased one because I point out that problematic killers are problematic even though they aren't high tier. If you weren't killer biased you would be able to recognize that, but time and time again you've put your killer bias on full display, and statements like "you're wrong, get over it" are literally inexcusable. You're killer biased, you get over it
Well, that's the wonderful thing about opinions. Everyone has one.
You think Houndmaster should get the same treatment Freddy got (scrap them and rework them from ground up), I think it's excessive and not necessary.
This is how it is, and it's likely we won't get anywhere from there, so I suggest we stop here.
You are free to stop replying
So do you.
But, it is my discussion after all.
Yes, but I do not wish to, but you seemingly do, yet you keep replying
And I am deeply grateful for this discussion/thread you created. Truly. It allows me to express my passion. 🥰
Closing this thread as recent comments have gone off-topic.