Houndmaster - Revisited

So, some time ago, I proposed some changes that the devs could do to Houndmaster to make her a better killer.

I'd like to redo them in this post. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

Here they are:

Chase Command:

• Make Snug's pull cycles faster. In short, this makes Snug have more pull strength.

Search Command:

• Polish it up so it snaps to stuff better. This is my only wish.

Houndsense:

• It NEEDS to do more. Currently it only highlights survivors (which is helpful), applies Deep Wounds (which also helps a bit), and increases the volume of survivor sounds, but only when hitting them (which does not help)?
• The easiest thing to do would be to make the tracking effects apply at all times while it is active.

Bugs (please fix them asap):

• The Houndsense bug that makes it vanish from everyone when a survivor dies or is unhooked.
• The model bug which causes her to have that weird smile.
• The missing voicelines (she is supposed to have stun voicelines).
• The bug where Snug gets stuck on things.

• New bug from 9.0.0 - Sometimes, the game starts to get incredibly choppy and stuttery while you're moving. No idea why it happens.

Add-ons:

Sticky Pitch (Rework):
• Decreases the Slipstream decay speed by 40%.

Creature's Bone (Rework):
• Every time the Dog gets stunned, your lunge increases by 20% for 20 seconds.
• This effect deactivates after a successful Basic Attack.

Smoked Snapper (Rework):
• Increases the radius of Houndsense by 20%.

Barley Meal (Buff):
• Increase the bonus distance to 30%.

Belaying Pins (Buff):
• Increase the duration to 30 seconds.

Knotted Rope (Buff):
• Increase the Basic Attack reduction to 8%

Training Bell (Rework):
• Snug now always pulls survivors away from pallets, regardless of your location.

Waterskin (Rework):
• After the Dog gets stunned by a pallet, it will break after a 2 second delay.

Spiky Collar (Buff):
• Increase the duration to 70 seconds.

Leather Harness (Buff):
• Increase the duration of its effect to 60 seconds.

Gunpowder Tin (Buff):
• Increase the duration of its effect to 30 seconds.

Ship Figurehead (Change):
• Now also decreases the range of the Dog's Lullaby by 50%.

Torn Novel (Rework):
• Allows you to Redirect the Dog twice.

Tagged: KillersMod

Comments

  • @SoGo said:

    So, some time ago, I proposed some changes that the devs could do to Houndmaster to make her a better killer.

    I'd like to redo them in this post. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

    Here they are:

    Chase Command:

    • Make Snug's pull cycles faster. In short, this makes Snug have more pull strength.

    Search Command:

    • Polish it up so it snaps to stuff better. This is my only wish.

    Houndsense:

    • It NEEDS to do more. Currently it only highlights survivors (which is helpful), applies Deep Wounds (which also helps a bit), and increases the volume of survivor sounds, but only when hitting them (which does not help)?
    • The easiest thing to do would be to make the tracking effects apply at all times while it is active.

    Bugs (please fix them asap):

    • The Houndsense bug that makes it vanish from everyone when a survivor dies or is unhooked.
    • The model bug which causes her to have that weird smile.
    • The missing voicelines (she is supposed to have stun voicelines).
    • The bug where Snug gets stuck on things.

    Add-ons:

    Sticky Pitch (Rework):
    • Decreases the Slipstream decay speed by 40%.

    Creature's Bone (Rework):
    • Every time the Dog gets stunned, your lunge increases by 20% for 20 seconds.
    • This effect deactivates after a successful Basic Attack.

    Smoked Snapper (Rework):
    • Increases the radius of Houndsense by 20%.

    Barley Meal (Buff):
    • Increase the bonus distance to 30%.

    Belaying Pins (Buff):
    • Increase the duration to 30 seconds.

    Knotted Rope (Buff):
    • Increase the Basic Attack reduction to 8%

    Training Bell (Rework):
    • Snug now always pulls survivors away from pallets, regardless of your location.

    Waterskin (Rework):
    • After the Dog gets stunned by a pallet, it will break after a 2 second delay.

    Spiky Collar (Buff):
    • Increase the duration to 70 seconds.

    Leather Harness (Buff):
    • Increase the duration of its effect to 60 seconds.

    Gunpowder Tin (Buff):
    • Increase the duration of its effect to 30 seconds.

    Ship Figurehead (Change):
    • Now also decreases the range of the Dog's Lullaby by 50%.

    Torn Novel (Rework):
    • Allows you to Redirect the Dog twice.

    As first step nice. I love Houndmaster.

    I'd also like to see this:

    →Remove break free action by other survivors

    → Increase Snug speed in chase by 50 %

    → Increase search circle by 50 %

    → Increase speed when walking over trail to 8m/s, this lingers for 3s when leaving trail and can be restored when touching line again

    1. Houndsense: louder grunts of pain, and longer pools of blood, happen regardless if the survivor is in the dying state
    2. Search command fix, so the targeting is more accurate when the destination isn’t on the same floor as the killer
    3. Search command fix, so the targeting is more accurate when there are environmental objects between the destination and the killer. And the search command really needs to be able to target the ground, because I don’t always want to snap to a generator or exit gate.
    4. The survivor “help” command, to push a dog away from a teammate, needs to take longer to do. It currently feels like the killer loses distance if she tries using the dog when two teammates are next to each other, because the help command is faster than all the time spent making the dog grab.
    5. I don’t think the killer needs any addon changes. Most of her issues is the fact that the search command has absolutely terrible targeting, and her houndsense is kind of garbage because the useful effects only work on dying state survivors.
  • Houndmaster already is a solid top ten killer, she doesnt need that many buffs tbh

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    1. Houndsense: louder grunts of pain, and longer pools of blood, happen regardless if the survivor is in the dying state
    2. Search command fix, so the targeting is more accurate when the destination isn’t on the same floor as the killer
    3. Search command fix, so the targeting is more accurate when there are environmental objects between the destination and the killer. And the search command really needs to be able to target the ground, because I don’t always want to snap to a generator or exit gate.
    4. The survivor “help” command, to push a dog away from a teammate, needs to take longer to do. It currently feels like the killer loses distance if she tries using the dog when two teammates are next to each other, because the help command is faster than all the time spent making the dog grab.
    5. I don’t think the killer needs any addon changes. Most of her issues is the fact that the search command has absolutely terrible targeting, and her houndsense is kind of garbage because the useful effects only work on dying state survivors.

    Mostly agree with you.

    Imo, the add-on selection she has is pretty awful.

    Most of her chase add-ons are worthless.

  • @VibranToucan said:

    Houndmaster already is a solid top ten killer, she doesnt need that many buffs tbh

    Aside from add-ons and Houndsense buffs, all of these are a more QOL kind of changes rather than just buffs.

  • I only care about them making the Search command better at snapping to Gens.
    or atleast maybe add an alternative button to gen snapping to avoid isses.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3942977#Comment_3942977

    Mostly agree with you.

    Imo, the add-on selection she has is pretty awful.

    Most of her chase add-ons are worthless.

    Fixing Houndmaster’s search, might raise her kill rate enough that she can’t get addon buffs. He entire map mobility mechanic (the search function), is super clunky, and often just doesn’t work correctly if the killer isn’t trying to move to a generator.

    And the Houndsense addons might be more useful if Houndsense itself was more useful. I’ve seen streamers play this killer, and most of them don’t even bother to try to purposely inflict Houndsense on the survivors, because they think it’s not worth the time and effort.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943005#Comment_3943005

    Fixing Houndmaster’s search, might raise her kill rate enough that she can’t get addon buffs. He entire map mobility mechanic (the search function), is super clunky, and often just doesn’t work correctly if the killer isn’t trying to move to a generator.

    And the Houndsense addons might be more useful if Houndsense itself was more useful. I’ve seen streamers play this killer, and most of them don’t even bother to try to purposely inflict Houndsense on the survivors, because they think it’s not worth the time and effort.

    You are right about her Search and Houndsense add-ons. If it's functional, they'll be viable.

    But, that doesn't change the fact that add-ons like Waterskin, Training Bell, Creature's Bone and Torn Novel (yes I'm calling it useless, it's the most overhyped add-on ever) are pretty bad.

  • Let's talk about The Hound-Master. I’m P100 with her currently. I wish to also help provide constructive feedback/thoughts/ideas.

    image.png

    Dog - Chase Command

    image.png

    SoGo's Quoted Feedback. "Make Snug's pull cycles faster. In short, this makes Snug have more pull strength."

    My response below.

    • (This is something that I too have recently suggested. Snug has 3 pull cycles but they are too far in between and honestly; they are not strong enough. This needs to be increased. Especially when you do get a successful grab around a pallet it’s exciting because some of the angles are REALLY hard to capture. The reward you get for it? Is a smack down pallet to snugs or yours if you try to help. The survivor needs to be yanked a little harder. They shouldn't be able to camp the pallet while Snug has locked jaws around them pull his hardest)

    • It takes snug around 0.67 to vault give or take. This should be reduced to 0.57 It was nerfed a little too hard. At the very least .10 of its current value. Doesn't sound like anything but it will help trust me.

    image.png

    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback. "Polish it up so it snaps to stuff better. This is my only wish."
    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback Hound sense " It NEEDS to do more. Currently it only highlights survivors (which is helpful), applies Deep Wounds (which also helps a bit), and increases the volume of survivor sounds, but only when hitting them (which does not help)?"
    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback "The easiest thing to do would be to make the tracking effects apply at all times while it is active."

    1)My response - I would agree. It's clunky to use and needs to be smoothed out. I think the radius in my humble opinion is still too small, it should be increased a bit. Suggested change. 3.5 Meters (Initial) Hound sense radius (eventual) 6.5Meteres.

    2)My response - Agreed completely. My suggestion to this. Perhaps when a survivor becomes hound sensed they are hindered for the duration of this debuff by 3%.

    3) My response - I would agree, I don't have much to add on this.

    image.png

    My feedback - Target Location - this should be increased max distance to 50. 40 feels very limited if you ask me.

    Bug Fixes - I am slowly adding reports in as a I see them again as of yesterday. She still has several and they are quite frustrating. The biggest one that bothers me at the moment which has been reported as of yesterday is this one. I will link it here so I don't have to go into explaining it. Another bug I will log if I catch it, is when her dog wont leap over the vault or window even when its prompted to do so. Very irritating.

    HoundMaster - Dog is stuck. Takes too long to come back. — BHVR

    In terms of Addons I really enjoyed reading your suggestions on these and I feel they are a creative take on her power while also giving you some fresh ways to use her power. :)

    I am confused on this one here; What do you mean by this? If you would be so kind to explain. It's going over my head completely.

    Sticky Pitch (Rework):

    • Decreases the Slipstream decay speed by 40%

    Anywho, I hope this helps. If more stuff comes to mind, I will edit it into this thread. Thanks @SoGo for this thread and your time. I just wanted to reciprocate with the same time, passion and energy back to you.

  • @Emeal said:

    I only care about them making the Search command better at snapping to Gens.
    or atleast maybe add an alternative button to gen snapping to avoid isses.

    Good idea!

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    Let's talk about The Hound-Master. I’m P68 with her currently. I wish to also help provide constructive feedback/thoughts/ideas.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ALMQFQTM344E/image.png

    Dog - Chase Command

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FRN6G70114EF/image.png

    SoGo's Quoted Feedback. "Make Snug's pull cycles faster. In short, this makes Snug have more pull strength."

    My response below.

    • (This is something that I too have recently suggested. Snug has pull 3 cycles by they are too far in between and honestly; they are not strong enough. This needs to be increased. Especially when you do get a successful grab around a pallet its exciting because some of the angles are REALLY hard to capture. The reward you get for it? Is a smack down pallet to snugs or yours if you try to help. The survivor needs to be yanked a little harder. They shouldn't be able to camp the pallet while Snug has locked jaws around them pull his hardest)

    • It takes snug around 0.67 to vault give or take. This should be reduced to 0.57 It was nerfed a little too hard. At the very least .10 of its current value. Doesn't sound like anything but it will help trust me.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4A0KW7TRIA7I/image.png

    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback. "Polish it up so it snaps to stuff better. This is my only wish."
    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback Hound sense " It NEEDS to do more. Currently it only highlights survivors (which is helpful), applies Deep Wounds (which also helps a bit), and increases the volume of survivor sounds, but only when hitting them (which does not help)?"
    • Sogo's Quoted Feedback "The easiest thing to do would be to make the tracking effects apply at all times while it is active."

    1)My response - I would agree. It's clunky to use and needs to be smoothed out. I think the radius in my humble opinion is still too small, it should be increased a bit. Suggested change. 3.5 Meters (Initial) Hound sense radius (eventual) 6.5Meteres.

    2)My response - Agreed completely. My suggestion to this. Perhaps when a survivor becomes hound sensed they are hindered for the duration of this debuff by 3%.

    3) My response - I would agree, I don't have much to add on this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GM9QEZYZWRFX/image.png

    My feedback - Target Location - this should be increased max distance to 50. 40 feels very limited if you ask me.

    Bug Fixes - I am slowly adding reports in as a I see them again as of yesterday. She still has several and they are quite frustrating. The biggest one that bothers me at the moment which has been reported as of yesterday is this one. I will link it here so I don't have to go into explaining it. Another bug I will log if I catch it, is when her dog wont leap over the vault or window even when its prompted to do so. Very irritating.

    HoundMaster - Dog is stuck. Takes too long to come back. — BHVR

    In terms of Addons I really enjoyed reading your suggestions on these and I feel they are a creative take on her power while also giving you some fresh ways to use her power. :)

    I am confused on this one here; What do you mean by this? If you would be so kind to explain. It's going over my head completely.

    Sticky Pitch (Rework):

    • Decreases the Slipstream decay speed by 40%

    Anywho, I hope this helps. If more stuff comes to mind, I will edit it into this thread. Thanks @SoGo for this thread and your time. I just wanted to reciprocate with the same time, passion and energy back to you.

    Thank you for the detailed feedback! I'm glad there is also someone else who wants to see her get the love she needs.

    I wish I'd be able to pin comments, since your post is very well thought out and formatted.

    I really hope the pull cycles get shortened, the amount of times Snug stays in the same exact place is laughable.

    The vault speed, Search range and Houndsense radius buff are all great. I'd love to see them.

    I'm a bit uncertain on adding Hindered to her power, tho. Thanks to MfT, we all know how much 3% can do. It could be perfectly ok, but it would have to be tested out. I don't want Houndmaster to become complained about like the Skull Merchant.

    As for add-ons, I'm happy you like my ideas!

    About the Sticky Pitch rework, Slipstream is basically just a different name for the boost from the Search path. The problem that I'm sure you also encountered, is how quickly it vanishes when you so much as step off of it for a single second. The addon buff is targeted to make this window bigger, so you get the boost from the search path for a bit longer. Hope that clears the confusion up.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943124#Comment_3943124

    Thank you for the detailed feedback! I'm glad there is also someone else who wants to see her get the love she needs.

    I wish I'd be able to pin comments, since your post is very well thought out and formatted.

    I really hope the pull cycles get shortened, the amount of times Snug stays in the same exact place is laughable.

    The vault speed, Search range and Houndsense radius buff are all great. I'd love to see them.

    I'm a bit uncertain on adding Hindered to her power, tho. Thanks to MfT, we all know how much 3% can do. It could be perfectly ok, but it would have to be tested out. I don't want Houndmaster to become complained about like the Skull Merchant.

    As for add-ons, I'm happy you like my ideas!

    About the Sticky Pitch rework, Slipstream is basically just a different name for the boost from the Search path. The problem that I'm sure you also encountered, is how quickly it vanishes when you so much as step off of it for a single second. The addon buff is targeted to make this window bigger, so you get the boost from the search path for a bit longer. Hope that clears the confusion up.

    Means a lot to me! I spent an hour putting it together. 🤣


    I am really passionate about her and I wanted it to look right. Thank you for explaining the slipstream!

    Yeah so many times snug stays at a pallet is mind blowing. Like dang! PULL THEM! 🤣

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943462#Comment_3943462

    Means a lot to me! I spent an hour putting it together. 🤣


    I am really passionate about her and I wanted it to look right. Thank you for explaining the slipstream!

    Yeah so many times snug stays at a pallet is mind blowing. Like dang! PULL THEM! 🤣

    Yeah so many times snug stays at a pallet is mind blowing. Like dang! PULL THEM! 🤣

    Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

    BTW, a new Houndmaster bug dropped, you can now start randomly stuttering as if you're moving at 5fps. So, there is that. I'll add it to the pile.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943654#Comment_3943654

    Yeah so many times snug stays at a pallet is mind blowing. Like dang! PULL THEM! 🤣

    Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

    BTW, a new Houndmaster bug dropped, you can now start randomly stuttering as if you're moving at 5fps. So, there is that. I'll add it to the pile.

    Add for it for sure. I will be on the lookout too. Added more intel for the devs on the Sadako bug I reported July of last year LOL…Still waiting for that to get fixed.

  • This was very frustrating. She has to get some QOL done to her like Vecna just did.

    Dog couldn’t pull her at all.

    https://youtu.be/cqh4oOCjJic?si=Ew5ufe7M0lRVvLdb

    Search Command being annoying af.

    https://youtu.be/6w9VIOXOQlU?si=qeYjqmHzArPQnj0u

    Dog over corrected, got stuck? Idk. Couldn’t use my power when I tried. Frustrating…

    https://youtu.be/C-kNG7fnUM8?si=FvZbmJWvgCx7qtcu
  • https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945741#Comment_3945741

    I can't say I'm surprised.

    At this point, it's a miracle that you can still play the game with her.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945741#Comment_3945741

    I can't say I'm surprised.

    At this point, it's a miracle that you can still play the game with her.

    I know. I am shocked. Its not easy. Every trial I play with her its bugs happening multiple times a trial. Good thing I care enough to try to get her fixed. I will keep making videos and what I will also do is turn them into bug reports. I have already started.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945792#Comment_3945792

    I know. I am shocked. Its not easy. Every trial I play with her its bugs happening multiple times a trial. Good thing I care enough to try to get her fixed. I will keep making videos and what I will also do is turn them into bug reports. I have already started.

    I hope that the devs will notice and solve them.

    For a QOL Initiative, there sure are a lot of bugs unresolved.

  • Another example. Snug needs to stop pulling people into pallets. He’s ALWAYS doing this. These pull cycles have got to be stronger.

    In this example it was fairly strong which almost never happens BUT he pulled them into a pallet. Did I get the hit? Yes! Frustrating still.

    @SoGo

    https://youtu.be/jHizMrkoJ6w?si=hqrVZ6cmLD3yem2O
  • I split a blood vessel after this one. Pissed me off so much.

    https://youtu.be/WtivM9Jkic4?si=ut6EJUSw3oVaY_Hl
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I split a blood vessel after this one. Pissed me off so much.

    https://youtu.be/WtivM9Jkic4?si=ut6EJUSw3oVaY_Hl

    I can imagine lol.

    I would probably start sprialing if this happened to me.

    @MechWarrior3 said:

    Another example. Snug needs to stop pulling people into pallets. He’s ALWAYS doing this. These pull cycles have got to be stronger.

    In this example it was fairly strong which almost never happens BUT he pulled them into a pallet. Did I get the hit? Yes! Frustrating still.

    @SoGo

    https://youtu.be/jHizMrkoJ6w?si=hqrVZ6cmLD3yem2O

    It's like he WANTS to get hit in the head.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3946823#Comment_3946823

    I can imagine lol.

    I would probably start sprialing if this happened to me.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3946661#Comment_3946661

    It's like he WANTS to get hit in the head.

    I am collecting a lot of video. I wonder if I should make a separate thread just so the devs can see the endless amount of bugs she has, and WHY I am so frustrated with my beloved killer. She needs QOL and Bug Fixes ASAP SHARP! Please :D

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943654#Comment_3943654

    Yeah so many times snug stays at a pallet is mind blowing. Like dang! PULL THEM! 🤣

    Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

    BTW, a new Houndmaster bug dropped, you can now start randomly stuttering as if you're moving at 5fps. So, there is that. I'll add it to the pile.

    Somehow I missed this thread. So that’s what that is!?!? Okay yeah! I had no idea but I was wondering why I was stuttering so bad. Super annoying.

    How this reported yet? If not I can do it or send a you video clip. If you need it for your report.


    I saw you mentioned houndsense just gets deleted. I am witnessing this too. Very frustrating because houndsense does next to nothing, so now half the time it barely applies deep wound.

  • While I don’t think this is a bug - it’s certainly annoying. It happens more than it should. Search mode - denied. 🙅‍♂️

    https://youtu.be/jclX31A7yJs?si=ZP7rMlxKMrGFo3h4
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3944041#Comment_3944041

    Somehow I missed this thread. So that’s what that is!?!? Okay yeah! I had no idea but I was wondering why I was stuttering so bad. Super annoying.

    How this reported yet? If not I can do it or send a you video clip. If you need it for your report.


    I saw you mentioned houndsense just gets deleted. I am witnessing this too. Very frustrating because houndsense does next to nothing, so now half the time it barely applies deep wound.

    It was thankfully already reported.

    @6yXJI0 said:

    SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: After dog latches on a survivor, HoundMaster can randomly become slow for the rest of the match.

    PLATFORM: PC

    STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Houndmaster gets a mini rubberbanding slowdown when Dog latches on survivor, but it can randomly stay permanently. (There is a chance that it has something to do with the pallet)

    VIDEO:

    https://youtu.be/XUgBavN9lvg

    PLAYER LOGS:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D63KVPL0YS3U/deadbydaylight.log

  • Ok! So I wasn't crazy about survivors being able to move too much with my dog on them! I swear majority of time Snug is pulling survivors away from me, like if he is trying to save them from me, instead of the opposite. Last time I played against HM and got latched on, I had a pallet 4m from me, but I couldn't reach it at all, cause Snug was occasionally doing a big strong pull, not letting me get to the pallet.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    Ok! So I wasn't crazy about survivors being able to move too much with my dog on them! I swear majority of time Snug is pulling survivors away from me, like if he is trying to save them from me, instead of the opposite. Last time I played against HM and got latched on, I had a pallet 4m from me, but I couldn't reach it at all, cause Snug was occasionally doing a big strong pull, not letting me get to the pallet.

    Exactly - it’s as @SoGo said too, snug needs to pull AWAY from pallets, then TO Houndmaster.

    Most of the time the survivor gets pulled in a direction that helps them OR he doesn’t pull at all so they can move with no issue. On a rare instance pulls really hard once towards Houndmaster but that rarely happens if ever which is really frustrating more than anything.


    We should test to see if X amount of meters away signifies stronger pulls? The further way the stronger the shorter the weaker? I don’t know.

    Either way it’s terrible and inconsistent. It should be fixed and adjusted

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3947389#Comment_3947389

    Exactly - it’s as @SoGo said too, snug needs to pull AWAY from pallets, then TO Houndmaster.

    Most of the time the survivor gets pulled in a direction that helps them OR he doesn’t pull at all so they can move with no issue. On a rare instance pulls really hard once towards Houndmaster but that rarely happens if ever which is really frustrating more than anything.


    We should test to see if X amount of meters away signifies stronger pulls? The further way the stronger the shorter the weaker? I don’t know.

    Either way it’s terrible and inconsistent. It should be fixed and adjusted

    Fr! Catching survivors is already not an easy task to do. But if they get caught and there is an undropped pallet close, it's a guaranteed save for them. Dog's pulls aren't strong enough and directions are inconsistent.

  • @MechWarrior3 , @6yXJI0 , look what I found on Youtube:

    https://youtube.com/shorts/4XLbwE7LmAo?si=Yk-Q24I_mE__pVWt

    You can't make this up.

    Snug is actively working against us!😭

    My Training Bell rework idea is quickly rising to the top of my priority list because this is ludicrous.

  • @SoGo said:

    @MechWarrior3 , @6yXJI0 , look what I found on Youtube:

    https://youtube.com/shorts/4XLbwE7LmAo?si=Yk-Q24I_mE__pVWt

    You can't make this up.

    Snug is actively working against us!😭

    My Training Bell rework idea is quickly rising to the top of my priority list because this is ludicrous.

    The dogs pull strength is on point! Just needs to pull back to Houndmaster! Not AWAY and around. 😅🙏🏼

  • @SoGo said:

    @MechWarrior3 , @6yXJI0 , look what I found on Youtube:

    https://youtube.com/shorts/4XLbwE7LmAo?si=Yk-Q24I_mE__pVWt

    You can't make this up.

    Snug is actively working against us!😭

    My Training Bell rework idea is quickly rising to the top of my priority list because this is ludicrous.

    Note to myself: "Test Fixated against Snug"

  • Did you ever get to test this? If so, how did it go?

    @SoGo THIS is the pull strength Snug is suppose to be at. Hopefully after the bug fixes, it’ll return the way it was intended. I’ll take this thank you. 🙏🏼

    https://youtu.be/U-bzOUU07WI?si=htmclGbX1_eUtV8x
  • New Houndmaster tech. 🤣

    Credit goes to the makers of the video.

    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP8rt5Qj8/

  • @SoGo

    Another idea for houndsense my friend thought of!

    Houndsense now makes grunts of pain louder, pools of blood brighter and scratch marks last longer. In addition, a small haste effect is in place while following the trail. (Similar to Dracula werewolf) this only happens while houndsensed.
    This does not stack.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3942978#Comment_3942978

    Aside from add-ons and Houndsense buffs, all of these are a more QOL kind of changes rather than just buffs.

    Don't try to sugar coat it, they are objectively buffs, buffs to an already horribly designed killer without addressing her ridiculously short cooldown for vault time

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943007#Comment_3943007

    Don't try to sugar coat it, they are objectively buffs, buffs to an already horribly designed killer without addressing her ridiculously short cooldown for vault time

    The dogs vault time was nerfed in patch 8.7.0 Steady Pulse.. You now have about 3 business days to move out of the way. My suggested change was from 0.45 to 0.55.

    What are you suggesting? (Feedback)

    image.png
  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966361#Comment_3966361

    The dogs vault time was nerfed in patch 8.7.0 Steady Pulse.. You now have about 3 business days to move out of the way. My suggested change was from 0.45 to 0.55.

    What are you suggesting? (Feedback)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K6GY9FYKUN4Y/image.png

    It should've never been buffed from 0.9s in the first place, it plays nearly identical to manual scamper so long as you have the slightest bit of aim

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966363#Comment_3966363

    It should've never been buffed from 0.9s in the first place, it plays nearly identical to manual scamper so long as you have the slightest bit of aim

    You think it should have stayed at 0.9? So no power then? Do you have an issue with Springtrap throwing is axe over a pallet? Huntress? Pyramid head? Trickster? Houndmaster gives you over a half of a second to move out of the way.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966363#Comment_3966363

    It should've never been buffed from 0.9s in the first place, it plays nearly identical to manual scamper so long as you have the slightest bit of aim

    She can only get you in a Scamper like way if you stand still at the pallet camping it. Move a bit and Snug goes to China instead.

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3943007#Comment_3943007

    Don't try to sugar coat it, they are objectively buffs, buffs to an already horribly designed killer without addressing her ridiculously short cooldown for vault time

    I suggested 2 buffs.

    One, that is objectively supposed to be there anyway (fixing and buffing Snug's pulling mechanic so he doesn't get dragged to pallets a mile away).

    The other is buffing a mostly underwhelming power effect that mostly only denies Dead Hard.

    Aside that, it's QOL, bug fixes, and add-on reworks.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966366#Comment_3966366

    She can only get you in a Scamper like way if you stand still at the pallet camping it. Move a bit and Snug goes to China instead.

    I agree. I would be ok with it 0.60 too. I think that would be the sweet spot as I have mentioned before.

    If they don’t change that’s really not a big deal as there are plenty of other areas she could get adjustments on.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966366#Comment_3966366

    You think it should have stayed at 0.9? So no power then? Do you have an issue with Springtrap throwing is axe over a pallet? Huntress? Pyramid head? Trickster? Houndmaster gives you over a half of a second to move out of the way.

    None of those killers can redirect their shots after going over a pallet, houndmaster's can, and so could chucky after doing manual scamper

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966366#Comment_3966366

    She can only get you in a Scamper like way if you stand still at the pallet camping it. Move a bit and Snug goes to China instead.

    The redirect mechanic exists

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966361#Comment_3966361

    I suggested 2 buffs.

    One, that is objectively supposed to be there anyway (fixing and buffing Snug's pulling mechanic so he doesn't get dragged to pallets a mile away).

    The other is buffing a mostly underwhelming power effect that mostly only denies Dead Hard.

    Aside that, it's QOL, bug fixes, and add-on reworks.

    Yes, so buffs, to an already problematic character

  • @lettuchia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966373#Comment_3966373

    None of those killers can redirect their shots after going over a pallet, houndmaster's can, and so could chucky after doing manual scamper

    Dog grabs doesn’t equal injury. Camp the pallet. Take 2 steps to the left of dog jumps over. You have plenty of time to react. Oh redirecting? 2 steps to the right? Leave the loop? Vault the pallet? Houndmaster can’t move while redirecting.

  • How would you fix her then? You’re not giving feedback, just disagreeing to everything.

    Earlier you said 0.90 vault time for snug? What else?

    You mentioned redirects? You’re not fond of them from what I can see. Should we…..remove the redirect power?

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966609#Comment_3966609

    How would you fix her then? You’re not giving feedback, just disagreeing to everything.

    Earlier you said 0.90 vault time for snug? What else?

    You mentioned redirects? You’re not fond of them from what I can see. Should we…..remove the redirect power?

    Judging by the replies, only a freddy/skull merchant treatment would be satisfactory.

  • @SoGo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3966631#Comment_3966631

    Judging by the replies, only a freddy/skull merchant treatment would be satisfactory.

    Yeah…….ill give them the benefit of the doubt that they will provide me some feedback. Actual feedback since that’s what we are here for….not hopeful.

‹ 1 2 3