when is the switch 2 update releasing?

I am currently downloading DBD on my switch 2 right now but it looks like it isn't updated for the switch 2 version yet. looks like it's still switch 1. Hopefully they will update it for switch 2??

Screenshot 2025-06-04 at 8.45.07 PM.png

Comments

  • I don't think they're going to make a separate version... you'll just get to enjoy the game on better hardware so it will run smoother. What would a "switch 2 version" of the game even look like?

  • @LordGlint said:

    I don't think they're going to make a separate version... you'll just get to enjoy the game on better hardware so it will run smoother. What would a "switch 2 version" of the game even look like?

    Higher framerate, resolution and graphical settings?

    Not that to imagine what'd look like, especially there's a bespoke PS5 version of the game. DBD's Switch version has compatibility issues with Switch 2 iirc too

  • There is no day one patch as behavior has no way of knowing what hardware thry are working with, the dev kits were giving to a few company's. As far as weknow dbd has problems starting on switch 2 so they haveto update the switch 1 version. Behavior if you see this please make a switch 2 version, switch 1 looks like garbage.

  • @robertman2 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3938402#Comment_3938402

    Higher framerate, resolution and graphical settings?

    Not that to imagine what'd look like, especially there's a bespoke PS5 version of the game. DBD's Switch version has compatibility issues with Switch 2 iirc too

    I doubt we can expect anything better in the graphics department, but rather just a less jittery gameplay experience from switch 1 gameplay.

  • @itsquiet27 said:

    I am currently downloading DBD on my switch 2 right now but it looks like it isn't updated for the switch 2 version yet. looks like it's still switch 1. Hopefully they will update it for switch 2??

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/H80996X2CNJK/screenshot-2025-06-04-at-8-45-07-e2-80-afpm.png

    How does it play on Switch 2? Any improvement?

  • I have not even downloaded it. it's on Nintendo's list of games that have problems starting on the switch 2. So I didn't even want to waste my time.

  • In another thread, the mod noted it was fixed:

    @Coordi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3938848#Comment_3938848

    Just wanted to clear up that we have since resolved any issues that this document was listing! You are able to purchase Dead by Daylight on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch 2 without any problems.

    It's significantly faster (bloodweb, gameplay, skill checks, etc.) Even the revamped Decimated Borgo used to give my OG Switch framerate drop issues. I'm very happy with the game on Switch 2 and glad it plays so well. Graphics absolutely in need of a refresh but I think there's some upscaling going on (and Switch 2's HDR helps here too).

  • This content has been removed.
  • Please can DBD get an update for switch 2. Switch 2 supposedly has PS4 spec and DBD still looks like garbage 😞. One of the reasons I upgraded my switch was to have a playable version of DBD on it, but it is still unplayable. I love DBD and Nintendo. Please make it playable… it can be my Christmas and Birthday present 🤣

  • have been playing it on my switch 2, and like others have said here, it runs great but the graphics suck ass. Please Behaviour, the Switch 2 can even run Cyberpunk. Would love to play this game cosy up on the couch/in bed.