A guy accused me of lagswitching
I was playing a game as a killer and it was quite laggy, survivors teleported all over the place and everytime i took a swing the game froze for like half a second. This is just bad connection due to the poor p2p. Some guy said he had a video of me lagswitching and i called him delusional because i don't even know how to lagswitch. But what if it really looked like i was lagswitching on his screen, i mean, it was already lagging for me so who knows what those survivors had to deal with? Is it possible to get banned for lagswitching because of video "evidence" when i really wasn't?
Edit : Maybe he was just super salty and wanted to scare me a little. But maybe he is stupid enough to actually think i was lagswitching.
Edit : Maybe he was just super salty and wanted to scare me a little. But maybe he is stupid enough to actually think i was lagswitching.
Comments
From my understanding, they can look at the data of the match to find evidence of lagswitching beyond the video evidence.
@Peanits Could you give a bit more explanation on this issue?
People often threaten players with bans because they logged a report but they cannot know that their report will have that outcome.
Our team of ACM review reports, they are not automated bans. In case of doubt we don't ban.
I cannot give you information on your case because I have not seen the reports (and we don't do it in public) but if it's a standalone report, you have nothing to worry about.
Just had a match where everyone had yellow ping and one survivor had red ping.
Guess who pulled the plug and accused me after the match of lag switching.
I knew the horse was up to no good!
You have nothing to fear if you didn’t lag switch.
Long as you know you didn't, just ignore him.
In fact, just ignore everything survivors say, I started this long ago, and it works wonders, happiness increase rate of at least 25% and salt for my fries has never been easier to find! I just shake my monitor when on my steam profile and BAM got a full salt shaker!
Why people care about what others said? Just play like you like.
On PS4 the survivors are as toxic and salty as can be XD (not saying anything bad about you, if you’re on XBOX then I’ve heard survivors aren’t as bad as ps4)
If you are accused of stuff, it means you played very well and outplayed your opponents. Good game!
I would be salty to. Playing survivor with a controller is way better than playing killer with controller.
He has a name you know. The next time that you see Maurice, apologize for not using his name.
Most don't even bother with a message after the game due to XBL strict enforcement of comm bans. Say a bad word or something and you WILL be comm banned very swiftly if that message is reported. There are some that send salty messages but most send back a GG if I send them a GG. I've even made friends with survivors I had in my killer games and vice versa.
Horses are terrible people.
Dont worry, during my active time of playing DBD, there didnt pass a single week where I wasnt accused of laggswitching.