Let's talk about Kate Densen's Perks
What do you guys think about the new perks she comes with?
Here's my ratings personally;
Dance with me: 4/5, Good to use with Iron Will, Quick and Quiet, and maybe Light weight or Sprint burst.
Windows Of Opportunity: 3/5: Good if you're new to the game or want a visual to plan safe zones better
Boil Over: 1/5: i wish i could rate it 0. Honestly deserves a buff. I don't know how this is useful at all since it hasn't helped me once since using it. At first i thought it increased the wiggle speed but was disappointed. Any tips could be helpful
Comments
I think all 3 are complete ass and need a buff. And for clown, the healing perk is just another distressing doc perk.
I saved up 2 mil blood points because i was excited for her and yeah im somewhat mega disappointed, at least i can have another pretty survivor
To be honest, Dance With Me is a pretty good perk, maybe not alone but can confuse a killer. It has a good combo with Quick and Quiet and Lithe and if you want it, iron will. Make a jump, boop, where am I?
About Windows Of Oportunity, I agree with your point. Anyways I consider it a bit bad since it has a big cool down, we also need to consider this is a green perk.
Then Boil Over is not thaaat bad. It can make the killer an struggle to hook you, and maybe sometimes he will eat some walls before hooking you, giving you more time to escape. I would consider the obscuring aura, but I don't know if the killer still gets an alert when a survivor is unhooked, in this case, this perk is 2/5.
Dance With Me is still pretty good on its own. It saved my ass multiple times while I was being chased.
Boil Over is garbage though. You're better off running No Mither or Deja Vu instead.
I'm absolutely in love with "Dance with me". I run it with Quick and Quiet. It really is effective against nurses tho.
I think "Windows of Opportunity" is okay. It's a good beginner perk I guess? But it's not worth a perk slot I think.
I... I can't say much about "Boil over". I have my Kate at P3 already, but never got Boil over on tier 2 or 3. In fact, I never used it lol.
you saved 2 million bloodpoints?
yeah i got to the capp twice
oh i thought you meant in one go, was ready to flip
How do you think i felt after spending all them points on Boil Over? lmao. I wish it increased the wiggle speed, it would be useful then, since Iron Grasp SLOWS the wiggle Speed
I understand it would force it but overall it's just not useful in any sorts unl;ess you by chance get an enclosed map
We must recognize that Dance With me is actually a good perk, could use a slight buff (I'm not a fan of the cooldown) but it's still good.
The rest suck. I know where every pallet spawns regardless and doesn't matter because I know which ones are used and aren't. Seriously? That perk lies with Deja Vu for terms of usefulness.
Whatever, we aren't entitled to amazing perks anyway. Just was a total disappointment to see 0 creativity in her perks other than DWM.
Windows Of Opportunity: Like you said it's really helpful for new players. It's also really good for veteran players when it comes to late mid or end game when most of the pallets have been used up. Finally it's a really nice perk for anyone who uses Lithe so they know where vault locations are most of the time.
Boil Over: This perk is an odd one it seems to really only be helpful on a Sabo build or on swamp maps. But when I was testing it I've seen some decent success with the Memorial Institute because people tend to be more reliant on the hook auras on that map because the walls and rooms block line of sight with hooks.
they all suck lol well besides dance with me, needs longer duration? idk seems meh
D strike was part of Halloween, you've sen the movie right?
I think people underestimate Boil Over because the effects are mostly invisible to the survivor. I've seen multiple cases on streams/videos where the killer walked past an obvious hook because there was no aura, and several cases where the extra movement knocked the killer off course significantly.
Personally, it's helped me twice that I remember, even though I've only used it in KYF matches (I haven't leveled up Kate at all for ranked games). Once on Grim Pantry it made the killer fall through one of the holes in the larger building, which allowed me to wiggle off before he could get to a hook. Another was in Lery's, he walked right past an obvious hook and got palletslammed trying to reach what he thought was the closest hook. On one of Space Coconut's videos, there was a clear case of him walking past a hook on the bottom floor of the Game and running into several barriers, giving the survivor enough time to wriggle off.
Been playing Kate all day, Windows is her only decent perk, but it fills the screen with a bunch of auras that are kinda distracting, plus there's a bug where you can see auras of items near windows and pallets which is nice (take that Franklins). Boil over is crap, there's hooks everywhere and killers aren't that dumb to miss a hook location or be affected by struggles. Dance with me is also crap, it needs another perk to make it useful.
All her perks are pretty solid IMO.
Boil Over is one of those perks that can help in a pinch, but it seems like the map make a big difference in how effective it is.
Dance With Me has actually gotten me out of a LOT of jams. Pair with Q&Q and Lithe and you become a window magician. And even alone it can help you juke the killer just long enough to escape or get to another pallet/window. I've done stuff like jump through a window then just run around an object and hide, killer completely loses me because there are no tracks.
Windows of Opportunity is probably her best one. Great for newbies that need to learn where pallets/windows are. Great for pros because it let's you scope out an area without needing to move around too much AND you see fallen pallets which is pretty huge. It's also great verse Doc because you don't see fake pallets, making them easier to spot. The only downside to it really is that you benefit less from the perk the better you are at the game. Pros can still definitely make use of it, but if you play the game enough you just know where the pallets and windows are after a point.
Dance with me is HER ONLY GOOD PERK. And even then, vaulting out a elevated window wastes it. It should have a 20 second cooldown to go with quick and quiet, or simply last longer. Boil over makes about a second difference (useless), and windows doesn’t even work properly, displaying closed off windows. AND it’s purpose is destroyed by basic knowledge. Why does it even have a cooldown?
they really need to buff the 2 others
I want her old screams back and also her jawline needs a nerf. it's as thicc as the crismon chins
do you have a video of the first voice?
you'll hear it
There's also another video that you hear the old voice. Oh god, no wonder they changed it lmao, sounds like a banshee but i feel like it at least has more feeling than the new one.
I was really excited about Boil Over when I first read about it. Then I got to use it, and well... it was bad.
When I play killer and see the little status icon for Boil Over, I just laugh at the poor survivor using a useless perk. About the only use it has is on Lery's and Game maps to make hooks on the other side of walls disappear.
I almost feel like the hook hiding on Boil Over should be inverted and hide hooks outside of a certain range. Most of the time, if a hook is inside BO's range, the killer can just see it with their eyes, but if you get downed away from hooks and it hid ones that were outside ~10 meters, that could be useful. Maybe.
I've been using dance with me a bit, used windows of opportunities once and hated the fact that there is a cool down, and I feel Boil over is pretty useless and I've had it used on me as killer. A little annoying when you're inside a tight area, but still pretty underwhelming.
Quick and Quiet, Lithe, and Dance with me makes a NICE combo. Escaped so many chases this way. 10/10
Well no, also I think you mean 'Overwhelming presence', not distressing, since the latter is the one that increases terror radius and bp gain and overwhelming presence is the one that increases item consumption rate. The clown coulrophobia perk slows down healing of survivors within terror radius by 50%, whether they have item or not, so it affects self care- healing teammates, and medkits, not just the kits. So it's barely the same thing. And overwhelming presence doesn't low down the item action speed it, just consumes it faster.
This Guy gets it!