Face camping?
I decided to play some more survivor this season as i'm usually a killer sided player (but with 1,000 hours i know how to play survivor too). It's been a while since i've been rank 1 survivor, but i wanted to get there to get away from idiot team mates in the low rank. To my horror i get to the red ranks to find the same stupid team mates, hiding in lockers all game, not doing gens, not taking agro, not saving anyone, but even worse, were the face campers. Like today out of the 6 games i've played so far, 4 killers have face camped before the exit gates are powered. One of these to be fair, the team was very altruistic and gave the killer plenty of reason to hang around the hook, but in the other 3, the killer was just standing in front of the hook, not protecting gens, not chasing anyone he saw come nearby, just waiting for us to save the poor guy being face camped so he could hit him as he's pulled off the hook. Sure, every just does gens and then you usually get a 3 or 2 man escape blag blah blah. I'm so fed up of people saying just do gens to counter hard campers, when in reality, sure it usually ends up in 2 kills and 2 escapes, everyone's happy right? Wrong. The killer had a boring game standing in front of the hook, 2 survivors had a boring game being hooked and sitting afk, waiting to die, and the other 2 did gens all game. People justifying it as a strat doesn't make it any more fun for either side. I fully understand if it's justified, but so often it's not and it's just plain boring.
Comments
"I'm so fed up of people saying just do gens to counter hard campers, when in reality, sure it usually ends up in 2 kills and 2 escapes, everyone's happy right? Wrong. The killer had a boring game standing in front of the hook, 2 survivors had a boring game being hooked and sitting afk, waiting to die, and the other 2 did gens all game. People justifying it as a strat doesn't make it any more fun for either side. I fully understand if it's justified, but so often it's not and it's just plain boring."
Agreed. 100%
I Agree as well
agreed. n then theres this perk that even encourages that insidious ...
"Killer mains" should know that.
Oh really?
Really? lol
Ok.
It does, I faced a pig, leatherface, hillbilly, and trapper that did it in rank 6-5
Because that's what face camping was.
In a slight way, like for example, face camped like that in basement and outside of basement, but with the press interaction key/button to appear still but you can still pull them off
Really?
Face Camping was removed......
Really?
30 minutes ago. 2 minute video proving Face Camping exists. It's Toxic. And Baby killers DC just like DS users.
faCe cAmpiNg wAs reMovEd
doNt geT caUghT
iTs thE suRvivOrs faUlt
Facecamping is when you move the killers hitbox into the hook hitbox so that survivors cant get a unhook prompt. It does indeed not exist anymore
Oh, I still call it face camping if they sit literally in front of you
You're exactly right.
They're camping.
In your face.
I don't get what's so hard about people understanding what FACE CAMPING is lol
He's stated he hasn't played the game in a very long time.
Spirit can sit on my face anytime she wants...
Oh wait you said camping
He/She means by the separate locations to unhook from, as in direction you can unhook from
You clearly got off an unhook, so what are you trying to show with this video?
lol
In a situation where I didn't have my Flashlight with me.....what do you think would have happened?
She would have been Face Camped to death.
lol oh God
@thesuicidefox is not wrong tho
Face camp means that the killer bodyblocks you away from the unhook prompt.
If billy facecamped, I ask you how you managed to get an unhook without the unhook prompt?
Oh ok
When a killer gets a hit you can go through him.
He got a hit on the hooked Nea and I managed to get the unhook.
There.
Face Camping in todays world is exactly what this video proves it to be. NO ONE who is playing now knew ######### Face Camping was back then, so no one cares.
THIS is 2019's version of Face Camping.
Do you sometimes read the comments you are responding to?
I answered your question.
I will politely ask you to get with the times.
Camping sucks but can be countered by smart play (not gen rushing) to secure the unhook. Now some are just too stubborn to take the bait, then you wave to your friend and go to a gen.
Face camping though, does not exist any more. You can try to change the definition, but face camping was making an unhook impossible due to the killer hit box. That was changed, thus face camping has been removed.
lol
OooOoOOoooookay.
Whatever you say buddy.
Whatever you want to call it face camping, camping, standing in front of the hook
Survivors can now unhook from every angle. So face camping doesn't exist anymore.
Should I repeat it again?
Thank you.
lol No thanks, I don't want to be told what's Face Camping and what isn't by Rank 20 Devs.
Thanks though.
Yeah it's hard to face the truth after telling bullshit.
*sigh*
Really entertaining.
Btw, can you argue without insulting or is this a old thing?
You're ######### hilarious.
Reading this entire comment section is a breath of fresh air, but I'm guessing people like you have to be in the opposition even though a crap ton of people in this comment section agreed with the OP.
"I think you just got to be in the "out" group. Whoever's on top, whoever's in power, whoever's successful, you gotta be on the other side or you don't feel like the smartest guy in the room. All you are, my dear, is a contrarian."
This defines people like yourself.
@ReneAensland Just because you want something to have a different definition, does not mean it does. I want dog to actually mean god, but it just will not happen.
You can call a dog a "cat" as often as you want. But it will still be a dog.
@ReneAensland put it perfectly. Sure, just because face camping used to mean that, doesn't mean it can't be given a new meaning. Like seriously, people like @Master and @Tsulan , you're using that as your argument, when you know exactly what i mean, and are failing to give any argument against what i'm saying other than i used the wrong terminology.
Yeh but the face camping i'm talking about is tunnelling, waiting for the unhook and then killing the person the moment they're unhooked is technically tunnelling
Ye, there are strategies to get round it, bu the killer can get round those too. If i killer really wants to, they can just wait for the unhook before slapping them, and sure, borrowed time exists, but so does tunnelling the person affected by it
Why on gods earth are you two even discussing the definition of a word? Like what kind of time waste is that? Who cares what exactly facecamping has meant back then, and what OP means with facecamping and if he is using the wrong term. I think it's pretty obvious that with facecamping OP means a killer that is camping a hooked survivor, standing right by him and not leaving the hook. Who cares if this isn't actually facecamping? Especially since the removal of facecamping didn't change a lot anyways. Doesn't really have anything to do what the OP was getting at.
Honestly, people always say that killers should just get more incentive to not camp instead of being punished for camping. But I feel like we need both. Create some way that killers who don't camp at all have a slightly easier time dealing with gen rush right now, while at the same time, punish killers that camp and tunnel a bit more, since right now camping can still reward you too much without having a lot of skill. Especially if you camp and then also have NOED.
Sure, I can give tunneling a new meaning too. Tunneling is now defined as a killer walking through a tunnel.
Voila
We already have terminology, its called hard-camping.