Face camping?
I decided to play some more survivor this season as i'm usually a killer sided player (but with 1,000 hours i know how to play survivor too). It's been a while since i've been rank 1 survivor, but i wanted to get there to get away from idiot team mates in the low rank. To my horror i get to the red ranks to find the same stupid team mates, hiding in lockers all game, not doing gens, not taking agro, not saving anyone, but even worse, were the face campers. Like today out of the 6 games i've played so far, 4 killers have face camped before the exit gates are powered. One of these to be fair, the team was very altruistic and gave the killer plenty of reason to hang around the hook, but in the other 3, the killer was just standing in front of the hook, not protecting gens, not chasing anyone he saw come nearby, just waiting for us to save the poor guy being face camped so he could hit him as he's pulled off the hook. Sure, every just does gens and then you usually get a 3 or 2 man escape blag blah blah. I'm so fed up of people saying just do gens to counter hard campers, when in reality, sure it usually ends up in 2 kills and 2 escapes, everyone's happy right? Wrong. The killer had a boring game standing in front of the hook, 2 survivors had a boring game being hooked and sitting afk, waiting to die, and the other 2 did gens all game. People justifying it as a strat doesn't make it any more fun for either side. I fully understand if it's justified, but so often it's not and it's just plain boring.
Comments
facecaping = exactly as described by OP. It’s just before the facecamping came with an unintentional exploit which has since been removed... not sure why you struggle with this?
You may not move the goal posts but you try adding more balls to the pitch!
I once suggested something like a reverse blood lust, so that every second you're within a certain range of a hooked survivor, and you're not in a chase or the gens aren't done, you very slowly lose movement speed (the close you are the faster you would lose it), meanwhile if you are out of that range while the player is hooked, you gradually gain movement speed (at a faster rate at which you would have lost it for staying)
Couldn't have put it better myself
Yup, though careful with calling it unbalanced. It's not necessarily balanced, but at the same time camping isn't really op. It can be countered, sadly this is one of the things where swf survivors have a big advantage with over solo survivors though.
I think some people don't like it being called op. It's more of a design problem in my opinion. I think this game would just be better designed and generally more fun for both sides, in particular survivors, if they implemented something similar to my suggestions.
In the end devs should try and improve their game regarding what the majority of the playerbase would find fun. If the vast majority said camping is really fun, both killers and survivors, than this wouldn't be a discussion for me, but I doubt that's the case.
True. Personally I just want to have not camping be more rewarded so camping is not a necessity, and camping and tunneling less rewarded since it's no fun for survivors and doesn't require as much skill as playing the game normally as killer.
When i say balanced, i mean it's far easier to get the kill than moving else where, as it takes less skill
Camping is not the disease, its the symptom
symptom of what?
Sure, let's make assumptions and insult each other based on what everyone's opinion is. Instead of asking one of the persons who was really there.
Solid logic!
Stop putting words into my mouth.
Not being able to unhook is not the same as the killer standing next to the hook.
You however seem to like to avoid those situations.
I mean, when you are right, then you have nothing to lose. You can mark another mistake of me and always come back to call me out on it.
Remember I offered you peace 3 times. Since there is no reason to keep up this personal vendetta you seem to have with me.
Let’s be honest while I don’t like to camp...
Let’s say I decided I don’t like your cosmetic or u bring a 🔦 or maybe I don’t like meg. Idk if I decide to camp u nothing will stop me save a hard ban at that point pips escapes and blood points don’t matter.
Yesterday i got camped by a chainsaw revving Leatherc*ck with 3 gens to go, gave my team the signal and i struggled till they done the last 3 and opened door then i died. Killer got 1 kill and 6k bloodpoints, laughable.
Suck it up and move on to next game.
Yeh the symptom of poor game mechanics, so why whenever people try to suggest a change, does everyone put them down
The whole point of "doing gens and escape" is to make the Killer DEPIP and therefore push them out of RED RANKS so you NEVER have to deal with them again.
By feeding them more hits & hooks, you're rewarding this playstyle and allow them to pip, which is exactly why camping, even in red ranks, can lead to pips for the killer. YOU reward them for it.
I'm sorry but i just had a game against a Legion, where someone dc'd the moment we spawned in. We got 2 gens done in the killers first chase, so he face camped the person he caught, then the next person until there was one left who got out from the hatch. He was a streamer as well, like it's actually disgusting
Patch 1.8.0
I think he said that because you and Master seem to be against any nerf to camping and changes that would reward killers more for not camping.
Who said that?
Fact is that 99% of those threads want the killer to be PUNISHED for camping.
I think I can speak for us both here that we would appreciate rewards for fresh hooks (something like truetalents idea)
However another fact is that the devs just did the opposite, they nerfed the BBQ aura ability and thus nerfed the incentive to not-camp. Also they came up with unhook invulnerability, another buff to BT, cancelable unhookign animation and camping emblem penalty.
Face camping had to be removed, because there was no way around it. Face camping was removed by the devs. I only think it's wrong to call it face camping when it doesn't exist anymore.
I'm against camping but I know that sometimes it's a necessary evil. Something to slow the game down.
I'm against the BBQ nerf, because killers need a reason to leave the hook. But that reason should be voluntary and not because of punishment.
Camping is a desired strategy by the devs. Otherwise Insidious wouldn't exist.
I tried insidious a few times and find it utterly boring. So I usually don't commit to camping, but as any other killer, I get called out for it. Even when I use MYC or Devour Hope.
Again nothing removed, just added ability to unhook from all angles, how do you even know how to turn on an electronic devise and operate it, when you can’t even get your head round the term face camping?😂😂😂
Wow, you really got him there Tsulan. 😂
I think we need both. As it is now, camping is to effective for the little skill that is needed for camping. At least against solo survivors. But yes, I also agree that we need some incentive for killers to not camp.
I get that. And I even say myself that camping is intended by the devs. That's why I always say that people should not blame killers that camp, they are just using a strategy that's good for them. All I'm saying is that the effectiveness of camping right now is a design problem. The most viable strategies for one side shouldn't be the most frustrating strategy for the opposing team to deal with. I get that at times it's good for killers to camp. Or at least patrol the hook. I just want killers to have more incentive to not camp and less to camp. So a buff to not camping and a nerf to camping.