Is Haddonfield not a priority?

I know there's like several parts of the game on fire right now but why is no one talking about this map being unplayable?

Comments

  • My reaction when I first saw new Haddonfield.

    https://youtu.be/JpQjNQp1BMY?feature=shared
  • I still don't know why they didn't just add breakable walls instead of all the random gaps in the buildings where the windows are. As well as making it horrifically killer sided, these random gaps just seem bizarre...

    Bringing back breakable walls would solve so many problems by giving survivors a 1 time single use of that building window being strong, and the killer having to take time out going round breaking these walls would give survivors much needed time to progress objectives.

    If they don't wanna overhaul the map again, it'd be a cheap fix that would at least make the map somewhat playable for Survivor.

    Still a roflstomp for Nurse of course, but I don't think think there is any way to solve that.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3907198#Comment_3907198

    Oh, so you found circumstantial evidence.

    I didn't want to play this game, but I think we can all tell, based on the upvotes/downvotes in this thread, which way the crowd leans. Look at the first 5 replies, for crying out loud. You would NEVER see that much pushback against Badham on average, if you actually went thread by thread and looked at what's being said. Those criticizing Badham simply don't get any traction. There's a few "Here, here!"s in response, 1-2 upvotes on each comment, and no dev, mod, or community leader input. That's it.

    I like how you curated the search results with the date filters to get better results for your narrative. I just put Badham in the search bar and pressed search, which displayed to me the types of discussions I described above.^ Y'all really have a way of distorting reality yourselves, citing the devs' ever-skewed kill rates to say why killers need nerfing, and using the win streaks of the greatest upper echelon of killer players which I can count on 1-2 hands to justify the same. If you want to say I'M the one with logical fallacies, I'll match you tit for tat every time.

    I guess none of this matters, and all we can do is wait. See if Haddonfield gets omega buffed instead of the devs simply adding a loop or moving a gen, so that the map's not so polarizing. Or see if Badham ever becomes fair, like via the nerf/removal of house of pain, main, or 2-story, because any one of those buildings can lead to a game-losing chase for killer currently. The stuff I say isn't always tied to statistics, but it is tied to experience, and my experience says the devs either won't do anything, or they'll give survivors the better deal. Just you watch.

    I have never seen so many dislikes without even a single like. Just give up man.

    also I am a fan of haddonfield not because it’s fun or balanced I just like that it is one of the few maps that have houses. The Suburbs are very lacking with DBD and the fact that one of the only ones is a boring mess is sad.

  • I feel like i came close to some kind of record on Haddonfield a little while ago; spawn in, everybody is on the street, I'm immediately on top of them 5seconds in with ghoul+ lethal, first guy goes down instantly to Enduring Cheese, the guy had nothing to work with. then the 2nd guy gets cheesed by Friends til the End and goes down instantly since he had nothing to work with.

    Survivor # 3 screams which left survivor 4 who i guessed and basically won right there. No gen progress. Only immediate death.

    I'm sorry but this level is so mind numbing. Survivors can ONLY pre running on this level. Maybe for my Pinhead he'd struggle but playing an anti pre running killer this is just sad. I'm beating down small children all because this level was too mean for killers previously.

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    With so many survivor sided maps I think a few killer sided should be left as they are

    There arent that many survivor sided maps, and all survivor sided maps together give a benefit thats less than Haddonfield.

    And yeah, ancient Haddonfield was basically as strong for survivors as modern Haddonfield, but ancient Haddonfield saw more balancing changes than modern Haddonfield has. Modern Haddonfield needs breakable walls instead of free open holes at the very least

  • Good old days

    https://youtu.be/KHAJMUU0xME?feature=shared

  • @Defnotmeghead said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3906787#Comment_3906787

    There arent that many survivor sided maps, and all survivor sided maps together give a benefit thats less than Haddonfield.

    And yeah, ancient Haddonfield was basically as strong for survivors as modern Haddonfield, but ancient Haddonfield saw more balancing changes than modern Haddonfield has. Modern Haddonfield needs breakable walls instead of free open holes at the very least

    There are a lot of survivor sided maps when playing M1 killers. Maybe not as survivor sided for speed killers like blight but for standard M1 killers and stealth killers in particular with no major speed boost there are a lot of survivor sided maps. Tried playing stealth on wreckers, cold wind farm, eiree, badlam, Macmillan, Ormand? People can see the killer coming from miles away on large open maps and if you look at the total map variety there are more large open outdoor maps than there are small enclosed maps.

  • @Prometheus1092 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3919705#Comment_3919705

    There are a lot of survivor sided maps when playing M1 killers. Maybe not as survivor sided for speed killers like blight but for standard M1 killers and stealth killers in particular with no major speed boost there are a lot of survivor sided maps. Tried playing stealth on wreckers, cold wind farm, eiree, badlam, Macmillan, Ormand? People can see the killer coming from miles away on large open maps and if you look at the total map variety there are more large open outdoor maps than there are small enclosed maps.

    yeah, but those same maps are killer sided if you introduce mobility. Midwich is very anti-m1, as an example, but Nurse and Blight have fielddays on those maps.

    And stealth play has been out of meta for ages, thats like survivors trying to go for boons. It can still work tremendously well, but it relies too much on maps and how objects spawn in the map (aka, RNG effectively).

  • @UndeddJester said:

    I still don't know why they didn't just add breakable walls instead of all the random gaps in the buildings where the windows are. As well as making it horrifically killer sided, these random gaps just seem bizarre...

    Bringing back breakable walls would solve so many problems by giving survivors a 1 time single use of that building window being strong, and the killer having to take time out going round breaking these walls would give survivors much needed time to progress objectives.

    If they don't wanna overhaul the map again, it'd be a cheap fix that would at least make the map somewhat playable for Survivor.

    Still a roflstomp for Nurse of course, but I don't think think there is any way to solve that.

    Honestly, if they had a systemt rhat would spawn in a breakable wall near every infinate window possibility, it would fit a lot of issues.

1 2 ›