Has the epidemic worsened?
I have seen the changes implemented for quality of life.
Yet, after 2 weeks without playing, I find people leaving over the slightest issue.
About to get moried? Nuh huh, leaving.
Killer comes for the hook under which I am healing? How does he dare, I am leaving.
I run into the killer after being unhooked by chance and he chases me because I was running around like a headless chicken? Tunneler, bye bye.
Killer does not chase me despite my attempts to get his attention so that my mates can repair? Cya later, duh.
Killer is Kaneki? I don't wanna see that guy, next.
These are the cases I found just playing for 4 hours yesterday, and seems like these do not meet the requirements for the surrender option to activate. Which leads me to think that the go next epidemic has worsened.
Is it true or am I under some illusion?
Comments
The game is sooooo unbalanced people really take it not seriously. It's a joke right now.
people are stressed and tired of getting overpowered by kanekis all day so they will give up at any minor inconvenience
Having a brand new killer who is bugged for hitting through objects, through floors, and can skip the recovery cooldown is insanely problematic. There is no counter play until they fix that.
That doesn't justify leaving the game, but the "go next" epidemic is a huge indicator of game health. Game health already wasn't in a good state, and having a buggy mess of a killer added isn't helping things at all.
I'm curious what you think are "recent quality of life changes" that should be making gameplay better? Are "universal charms" supposed to make up for being tunneled out or slugged for 4 minutes somehow?
"we've increased the dosage of Tylenol but the patient appears to still be dying"
Hasn't been my experience thankfully. I've played quite a bit over the last few days but only had 2 team mates let go on hook and no DCs.
epidemic was terrible even before Kaneki and during the times when game was best balanced it has ever been so no, that's not the reason.
People are suffering from severe burnout due to too much of time invested into the game + having no idea which game would fill up the void the moment they uninstalled dbd and now the only way to cope with it is to nitpick for every single tiny reason to give up in matches because subjective fun requirements haven't been met.
Yes, i believe its this. I usually take breaks from DBD - as i do from every game - so i don't get burned out and stressed by playing it repeatedly. A big part of the community cannot engage with other games but refuse to stop playing DBD and find anything else to spend their time - i've seen this happen with other games like LoL or Valorant. People hate DBD but they refuse to stop playing it, so they get more and more frustrated, in a vicious circle.
Kaneki is becoming an issue in the game, specially as he is a SoloQ stomper, but the go next is being problematic far before his arrival.
I hope with the changes people stop playing the game when they are mad and go do something productive, going back when they are in the mood to play the game again.