Holding game hostage
I've got two Meg swf sitting in the game not doing ANYTHING for the past 20 mins+ just urban evasioning around the map. I've had 3 gens up for all of this. They won't touch them or anything. Is this bannable because holy ######### this is irritating. I'm not gonna dc and give them what they want because that's not even close to how this game should be. I want to report them but have no idea if that even does anything in this game.
Comments
OH MY GOD, I HATE THAT. Something that happened to me yesterday:
I was playing a pig and one person disconnected, I put the other two on hooks and the last one left was Claudette, slowly crouching around and I only had one perk and could NOT find her. I finally messaged the guy, and he replied with,
'I'm waiting for you to d/c.'
I was like, are you ######### serious right now. But he was, he was waiting for me to d/c because he had a purple flashlight and didn't want to lose it. Like, what the hell? I reported him, obviously, but I'm sure it'll go ignored.
Record it and submit it directly to support and if you move away from some gens and they still don't do anything it's obvious. In the meantime just go hide somewhere and see if one decides to be stupid and come looking for you.
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
On one had, I understand that he wanted to keep his purp flashlight. But on the other, not doing gens and admitting to waiting for you to D\C is pretty much taking the game hostage instead of doing objectives.
You can report him and action will(most likely) be taken, maybe not a severe one but he will get punished and hopefully not do it again.
>
I don't think there's a lot of people being opposed to some kind of counter mechanic to this issue. for example, if no gens has been done, and no chases has been initiated for 5 minutes, the auras of survivors are revealed.
It wouldn't change anything for normal games. If no gens has been done in that amount of time, the game is over, and the killer has won anyways.
We really need a mechanic to help with this issue.
Yes, something along these lines.
The issue with that is that a killer can just go someplace with clear los or to where they're terror radius covers an area and wait. Then the 5 minutes come up and whammo free aura reading and in the op's case one person is obviously waiting for the other person to do something.
If it's a high mobility killer and now with the new Surveillance it's suicide to touch anything which again some killers wanted this and look what they got. The law of unintended consequences has bitten them in the rear again the same as the healing and SC nerfs/Exhaustion nerfs did.
Now granted the exhaustion and healing changes needed to happen but making them so extreme beyond what most killers wanted made things worse.
One way to do it instead of an overall aura reading make it a personal aura reading reveal where they need to actually be doing something interactive.
They could be doing totems, looking through chests, working on gens at least get 5% done or so, may'be sabo a hook at least 5% without a toolbox or 15% with one.
IF they use say the mighty Pebble and the killer actually goes for it ie into their terror radius and to where the Pebble is it counts.
If the Killer is doing nothing for five full minutes and the Survivors have not yet escaped, that's on the Survivors.
1 gen left to be done all 3 in plain view and killer is a Nurse or Billy on a hill and the killer simply turns around and looks.
The killer blocks them in the basement as we've seen screenshots of thus preventing said escapes for 5 minutes or longer.
someone gets stuck and can't move ie stuck on tree or in building like on Badham Preschool etc.
I could go on but there's plenty of scenarios where it's not the survivors fault.
In those situations unless they're injured and can't heal or both gates are close to each other cough Badham/Lampkin Lane cough. In some circumstances I can understand it but for the most part at that point it's go for it.
For the most part I've not run UE on a character in forever so trying to sneak around versus a high mobility or insta down killer is a royal pain. I also don't use SB or AD either so no ms buffs and I stopped using hope last year when I 1st hit rank 12.
Then the survivors didn't play well if they end up in a 3-gen-scenario. It's not the killer's fault.
That is a case of the killer taking the game hostage and a bannable offense. Also, this hasn't got anything to do with the issue being discussed. The issue is that a killer would like to chase a survivor but can't since they are randomly hiding on the map and doing nothing.
That isn't an issue since the crows are coming when the surv can't move and alerting the killer. If the surv got stuck so that the killer can't hit and pick them up, the surv has to dc.
*Edit: fixed typo
*Edit: Double post, please ignore
Thats why I also included the "no chases being initiated" part. If no gens are being done, and no chases are being started, then the survivors are clearly just f'ing around to waste time.
They tried to say they had footage of them tapping gens and doing other stuff but I eventually found them crouching around a tree in the very corner of the red forest map. The match literally went on for 45 minutes after I downed the second guy. I tried to report them but who knows what will happen...
What we REALLY need is a match timer.
Yes its bannable.
Record and report it