You've got to respect the amount of patience the average survivor has
Sitting in a game now with 2 survivors in an exit gate. I refuse to go and push them out. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of T-bagging me. I'm just listening to music right now, and also watching some Youtube vids. I don't mind that they waste their own time. This has been going on for like 30 minutes now, and i have a feeling that it will take even more time.
Can i report the 2 people for holding the game hostage since they are the ones refusing to leave?
Can i report the 2 people for holding the game hostage since they are the ones refusing to leave?
Comments
Yes, you should, as that's what they're doing.
What does however bother me is giving toxic people satisfaction of any kind.
They now left after nearly an hour. I don't mind doing something else in the meantime, i hope that those people did mind waiting for nearly an hour for something that they didn't even get.
But since this is PS4 i don't think anything will happen.
You should hit all them.. If spam the crouch key piss you, you have serious mental problems with the ctrl key.
My record in my afk deranking games was a 45 min tbagging survivor. Not sure if he tbagged all the way, but after my tv series I tabbed back in and he was tbagging in front of me^^
At this point they should have known and just left, but they didn't. Not pushing people out of exit gates is not holding the game hostage since it's no objective of mine.
Again, you had the option to push them out but you didn't want to, it's on you too mate.
In another thread about the same topic @Peanits stated the same, it's not reportable if you don't want to do anything and just wait.
Since you are too stubborn to swallow your pride and push them out, you can report them, but they didn't take you hostage, so it won't do anything.
Taking the game "hostage"

There is always at least one triggered survivor in threads like these, defending the other kiddos.
To the OP: depending on your time zone, if possible, just play a little later in the evening. I have found there is FAR less juvenile behavior in later games (bed time and all). Just be wary of school breaks...all the kiddies stay up late and mommy let's em have internet access.
How is an afk killer holding the game hostage?
Them standing at the gate waiting for you to hit them/tbag you and leave, is not taking game hostage.
Yes, I would do the same thing you did, by not escorting them out, but still, it's not game hostage situation.
Last person walking around the map with P3 Claudette with old Darkest Moonlight and you had no whispers or any other means of tracking... that could be considered being a game hostage situation.
Now youre going to waste other peoples time making a report which will be passed around the office and laughed at in DBD headquarters.
So many snowflake killers on here, man up, woman up and enjoy the game.
That's not holding the game hostage, then.
Some people just amaze me.
Unless you have a one hit down build, or they're injured, anyone who thinks about it a second knows they're absolutely safe.
Even with a one hit down build they can just flop through the gate rooms end.
Devs need to fix end game.
the instant the survivors decided they would not achieve the goal survivors have of escape or rescue, they essentially decided to stop playing, and switched to what's more likely griefing.
I dont entirely care what survivor biased response I got when I asked about it.
I know you now want to say : give them a reason and push them out. But i don't want to give them a reason, they should just leave.
This was rotten fields, a trash map for any killer besides billy or nurse. I play as the Pig, without Ruin or Noed, against a full SWF squad with 1 DS and flashlight. Which i don't mind, but if i get a ######### map like rotten fields then i have to try a bit harder. I barely got that last kill, just because the other 2 survivors didn't go for the save in the end, they were just jumping through windows. So they were already quite useless.
I don't mind the T-bagging. But if they want to waste their own time, then so be it. I'm sure that after nearly an hour, they thought : "hmmm, maybe we shouldn't have stayed in the exit gates for so long, it's kinda pointless and in that hour we could've played a few more games".
All i hope is that they won't do it in the future since there is literally no point in staying in the exit gate once the rest is dead.
Refusing to participate in normal gameplay, which is exactly what they did.
And i? I was crouching at the other exit gate because i was guarding it. Which is one of my objectives
Take Franklin's demise and hit the ones with toolbox or flashlight as they run out. Makes it worth it.
The one holding the game hostage is you. Just hit them already or DC.
There is no reason not to push them out other than wanting to be toxic.
Pot calling the kettle black.
"Me letting them take the game hostage"
I don't think you understand, if you "let" them do it then it simply isn't.
You can't let them take the game hostage, that implies you have a choice, taking the game hostage is a loss/dc no choice kind of thing.
Survivors show off the worst in humanity. Comparable to 9/11, even.
I was sitting next to the other exit gate just in case someone would come over to that one. So i was guarding that gate, which is one of my objectives.
Awh, just hold w and force them out, close your eyes if pixels bouncing up and down upset you so much
As much as i normally agree with your points not this time.
The ONLY way a killer can hostage a game is by blocking a survivor into a wall/corner and refusing to swing.
The rest of the time the game ending is entirely on the survivor.
Bottom line they shouldn't need to be "Pushed" out, they should just up and leave, they have already won, no need to be a dick about it.
True
I don't mind T-bagging. I do mind giving people satisfaction that they don't deserve. T-bag all you want at every pallet, or in every exit gate. Normally i push people out. In this case i was camping the last guy quite close to an exit gate. They made no effort to even come near the hook. And just sat in the exit gates. So they were useless as fck and still felt like it was needed to taunt me for their own satisfaction. I stayed away from them because i didn't think they deserved satisfaction of any kind. It's more a principal thing than just simply hating T-bagging.
What you're saying is not bannable. It'd be like if the survivors all hid in corners instead of fixing generators and then reported you for not killing them. It'd be ridiculous. Mutual stubbornness is not a bannable offense.
This is basically letting survivors switch from playing the game to practically griefing with zero repercussions.
As soon as they have no one to rescue, all that's left is escape as an objective. If they do not take that, they have basically stopped playing the game.
Most killers absolutely cannot compete any more objectives at this point as the survivors are in a safe zone where most killers are powerless. They have no more objectives as they cannot down a survivor unless that survivor lets them. Hence "just chase them out" because that's about all the powerless killer can do.
The way I see it, it's "not bannable" because it's so rampant, and survivors must be protected.
Allowed to have their fun until the end game is reworked.
Killers must suffer because, well, screw killers, basically.
If it were bannable, it would practically be survivor genocide.
Well @peanits is mostly a killer and from what I've seen he's incredibly unbaised.
All you have to do is walk towards the gate I don't get why there's so many people that find that offensive, you just hold W and the match is over, but you'd rather sit around for an hour and then moan on a forum, I've seen these posts a few times now it's ridiculous.
Doesn't matter if he's a killer player, survivor player, or both. This response is overwhelmingly in favor of letting survivors grief. There is no way around it.
All the survivors have to do is walk out the gate. They don't even have to push the attack button, or worry a out being juked, or blinded, or whatever. But they don't. They wait to be toxic. They know that they're unstoppable.
And killers are damned either way. Either feed the survivors,o r stay away and let them feel whatever they want.
At least killers can protest by not giving in. Let survivors waste their time. We will do something else.
The fact they wait to long is ridiculous.
They often do not deserve what ever they want from waiting at the gate. We're tired of giving it. We will not anymore.
The whole "We're getting one over them" mentality is hilarious, I'm sure they've left to do something as well.
and while yes I agree that they could walk out too, why should they? It's both stubborness it's the same situation with the hatch, why should either side do anything.
I've caught so many cocky survivors in exit gates that I'm glad they sit and wait for me to hold W as I might catch one out.
I can't believe I'm arguing with a rank 15 killer about this though, lmao.
To not be dicks.
There's no way to stop a survivor from escaping unless you can down them in one hit, or mori them on the spot. They would have to let you kill them, basically.
Your bravado? It gives me stomachs pains... because I don't give a #########.
If you didn't want to argue, you didn't have to say anything to me.
I can't believe I'm arguing with someone that can't, or won't see the obvious.
I dont usually tell Killers they are complaining about non issues, but this is a non issue
Sitting in exit gate for nearly an hour, JUST to taunt because your team carried you. It's just sad really.