When did bhvr announce that daily login rewards are now in the messages menu?

If it wasn't for the glow around the icon I would never known.

Comments

  • I find it astonishing that someone at BHVR thought this was a good idea.

  • @Mr_K said:

    If it wasn't for the glow around the icon I would never known.

    never. I can imagen they changed it for two reasons:

    • You cannot miss your login-reward when you have to claim it in the messages menu. Maybe in the past, there were some players who miss the notification and were like "hey BHVR I didn't received my daily login reward, your game is broken".
    • The developers also put other stuff in the message menu like new skins, skin returns, or stuff besides dbd, now it's harder for every player to ignore these things and they have to see it and maybe this will lead them to check it out and buy stuff.
    • Could also be the case that it is easier for them to put the daily reward in the messages menu for some reasons.
  • @shalo said:

    I find it astonishing that someone at BHVR thought this was a good idea.

    Yeah it's really annoying. Anti-QOL change.

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/437069/when-did-bhvr-announce-that-daily-login-rewards-are-now-in-the-messages-menu

    never. I can imagen they changed it for two reasons:

    • You cannot miss your login-reward when you have to claim it in the messages menu. Maybe in the past, there were some players who miss the notification and were like "hey BHVR I didn't received my daily login reward, your game is broken".
    • The developers also put other stuff in the message menu like new skins, skin returns, or stuff besides dbd, now it's harder for every player to ignore these things and they have to see it and maybe this will lead them to check it out and buy stuff.
    • Could also be the case that it is easier for them to put the daily reward in the messages menu for some reasons.

    If you don't claim it that would be missing it. I can see this becoming an issue later.

  • @shalo said:

    I find it astonishing that someone at BHVR thought this was a good idea.

    Making bad changes that nobody asked for is kind of a tradition here

  • @Mr_K said:

    If it wasn't for the glow around the icon I would never known.

    Brother, what?

    I kept wondering what happened to those rewards, thought it was just a thing over the holidays.

    I don't know which one is funnier. The pretty lackluster 2 year old stats they sent out or this.

  • I was so confused. I liked it better when they just gave you the reward for logging in to play. Why do I have to dig through my messages to claim it. I didn't even realize they did this until this thread opened up. Thumbs Down Design. Go back to the previous.

  • They didn't. Thankfully I'm OCD and can't just leave a message unopened so I discovered it on day 1

  • That's the neat part, they didn't. They should have.

  • But can we get Pig nerfed?