PETITION TO FIX SELF CARE
I play survivor and killer equally,
The solution to self care isn't to code in some weird sitting mechanic, it's so simple it hurts.
Up the time required by a factor of 2 or 3.
If we're talking about a wound so vicious you're HALFWAY DEAD, the ability to bring yourself back from the brink of death so fast is absolutely ludicrous.
Ask yourself as a survivor, if you rely on self care would doubling or tripling the time required make you stop using it?
I doubt it.
Comments
Self care is the best non-broken perk in the game, the penalty to healing speed is considerable, if you arent careful enough in most cases the killers will reach to you easily
Do you want to be genrushed to #########? Because that's how you get genrushed to #########.
Who would even complain about Self-Care. It's the best non-problematic META perk that exists.
That shows you how absurd gen speed is
Nah, it just shows that people do not even think a little bit further. The OP wants to nerf a Perk which is completely fine, without seeing the consequences.
If Self Care gets nerfed like that (32 seconds is already really long) so that it gets doubled or even trippled... There will probably be either more DS-Users, or more Resilience-Users. And I doubt that this is what the OP wants.
Nobody will use Self-Care when healing for at least 1 Minute.
Thread should be in balance feedback. As for the suggestion, I feel it is poorly thought out.
Self care is totally fine. What's overpowered about it? It definitely doesn't need a nerf at all.
No it just shows that killers got what they wanted and are now complaining about the outcome of said getting what they wanted. So now instead of wasting time healing some survivors just gen rush the heck out of the killer and run other perks.
In other words they ADAPTED to the change and instead of killers doing the same they just pile on more stuff further exacerbating the change they clamored for.
SC sucks.
I remember that there were quite a few threads about nerfing SC some months ago and look how it turned out.
I used to equip SC on a regular basis but since the latest increase in healing time I use other perks a lot more often to be more efficient.
Absolutely. Nearly nobody would play that version of SC anymore.
You don't want to increase healing time more, survivors would just focus on getting gens done.
I never use self care, after the nerf that is. I only ever used it in the very beginning when learning the game. Takes way to long, I'd rather do a different build where I can get my heals in other ways.
One method I've been using a lot lately is running Pharmacy, coupled with Ace in the hole. Guarantees you a green medkid with one or two add ons. If you want to you can run Plunderers instinct as well and just open all the chests and give them to fellow survivors.
An extremely fun build, to be honest.
Other then that, you can use bond or even a key with survivor tracking. Using adrenaline with iron will and just skip healing all together.
Only reason it is used so much is because of how easy it is to utilize the perk. If you can't get gens done adrenaline wont pop and it's a wasted slot. This is not the case with selfcare, but it still takes way to long for it to be anything other than mediocre at best.