Why Wraith is so insanely overpowered?

Seriously he one of the strongest and most insufferable killer to go againt. Seriously why he have so much broken stuff that make playing agains him almost impossible. For example:

  1. Why he has speed increase while cloaked?
  2. Why he has speed boost after uncloaked it makes mostly loops useless against him ( there is many times why il already vaulting but he is still get me cause stupid speed boost?
  3. Why flashlight dont stun him anymore while cloaked (literally it was only counterplay against hes busted power)?
  4. Why he has so insanely good addons that make him not just annoying but impossible to go against (fast breaking while cloaked, silent bell, gen aure, faster uncloaking and etc.)?
  5. And finally why he can bodyblock while cloaked its double unfair cause of his insane speed?

So to fix this broken mess he should be nerfed very heavily. Cause its not okay why so easy to play killer being that powerful that only comp SWF can do something against him. So here is fix suggestion

  1. Remove speed bonus while cloaked (He is already 4.6m killer and gain undetectable, more speed is unessary and broken)
  2. Remove speed boost after he is uncloaked (I think hes need to be slowdown after uncloaked like 8% hindered for 3 sec)
  3. Return lightburn mechanic
  4. Rework his addons to get Freddy/Pyramid Head treatment
  5. Make him lose colision while cloaked

Comments

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843031#Comment_3843031

    LMAO you spent that much time going through a message haha. I'm actually happy because is just goes to show that some people in these forums get triggered over anything.

    Bottom line. This post is pointless. The suggestions for the "nerfs" were garbage and the original post was just pain to read with how badly it was written.

    But I look forward to book number 2 from the self appointed grammer police 🚓 🚨

    Triggered is an interesting word to use - I'd rather go with bored. Don't have work until Saturday, essay isn't due until Friday and it's only 100 or so words out from being done, sister's out with the dog… Why wouldn't I do a deep dive into some random stranger's grammar, especially after they insult someone else's. Pot, kettle, black - that sort of thing.

    Also, if that's a book to you, I'd read more often. It's only 905 words - that's barely enough for a couple of paragraphs, let alone a chapter, let alone a book.

    I'm glad you agree this is pointless though - a little bit like this discussion, pointless. I don't actually care, but in my mind writing that out was funny, so it's what I did during my 20 minute study break before going back to uni work. And at the end of the day, I'm glad you're happy - it's what all of us should strive for. I hope the rest of your evening can continue the joy the supposed novel from the self-appointed grammar police brought you.

    Oh, and it's self-appointed*.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843017#Comment_3843017

    If we're in the habit of complaining about grammar, I hope you have no complains to me checking yours? Ignore the quote line above, that's a forums error that copied over from Notepad and I can't seem to fix, sadly ^

    "I can only assume that you have made this post as a troll?."

    "You have" can be shortened to "you've" for each of reading, and there's no need to put a full stop following your question mark. A question mark ends a sentence, so there's no need to then re-end it.

    "Ignoring the fact that the English grammer in this hurts my brain,…"

    Everyone in this thread is speaking English; there's no need to clarify that the grammar specifically is English. Also, grammar*.

    "…you basicly want to removed every part of his power and turn him into an m1 killer…"

    Firstly, basically*. Secondly, "remove" not "removed" - "you basically want to remove…". Minor point, too, but the M for M1 should be capitalised.

    "…that can go stealth…"

    The phrasing of "that can go stealth" is clunky - either go for "enter stealth" or "become stealthed", and instead of "can" the conditional "could" works better with the phrasing when using "that": "that could enter stealth".
    Moreover, though, as the Wraith is a killer (a character and person, not a thing) the "that" is also not the best fit - you'll want to use "who", so while your "can" could be correct ("who can enter stealth/who can become stealthed") the "could" is still the best fit, IMO.

    "…but then never have a benefit to that because of the insane debuff from uncloaking?"

    This is missing a conditional clause, which was present in the last phrase (even when using "can"). "But then would never have a benefit" would work better.

    Following this, you've got 2 line spacing, which can work if you're consistent, but in general you'll want to stick to just the one, particularly on these forums. Smaller line spacing can be accessed using shift + enter, so the double space is gramatically incorrect also. You can see what that looks like above.

    "My assumption is that you have been destroyed by a good wraith player and just want him out of the game because entitled...."

    Now this starts off promising (though again "you have" can be shortened to "you've" for easier reading, especially as these forums aren't generally hugely academic so contractions are allowed and oftne used, case in point), but you stumble near the end. The "just" is unnecessary to get your point across, though not hugely harmful to the sentence. There are, however, missing words between "because" and "entitled" - perhaps a "you're" wouldn't go amiss? "Because you're entitled" flows much better, but you've got some options here.
    Also, an elipsis is only three - like this "…" - anything further is unnecessary and looks like the same issue with the question mark above - you're trying to end a sentence which the elipsis has already ended. While they can server many purposes, and don't always end a sentence, in this case the general rules of grammar dictate that it ends that sentence specifically.
    Finally, Wraith is a proper noun as it refers to a specific person, place, or thing, so therefore must always be capitalised.

    "I do hope your post was a joke because if it is a serious suggestion then you need to take a break from dbd my dude…"

    Very nearly correct, but "dbd" should be "DbD" because it's a shortening of "Dead by Daylight", all of which are capitalised. Also, the "my dude" is a separate clause, so should be separated with a comma "…break from DbD, my dude,…" works much better.

    "…because it's very clear your burnt out with dbd…"

    You're using "it's" here, which is inconsistent with the rest of your answer. I'm aware I've corrected you not contracting before, but as here you are I'd advise that you pick one or the other - either go for a fully academic writing style, or use contractions constantly. To do otherwise reads poorly.
    Also, it's "you're" and not "your". "You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are" - "because it is very clear you are burnt out…" - while "your" dictates that an object, place, person, or other thing belongs to the individual with whom you're speaking to. "Your burnt out" could work if it was instead "your burn out", as "burn" is then used as a noun and not a verb, however that would require further sentence restructing.
    Finally, as before, it's "DbD" and not "dbd".

    "…as of you're complaining about an of killer that is mid tier at best"

    I'm not entirely sure what the "of" is supposed to be in either use - this simply isn't grammatically correct, and I'd suggest rewriting using a different word.
    The good news? You've successfully used the correct "you're" here - why could you not do this earlier?
    As you've contracted "you've" and "it's" above, contract "that is" to "that's" or uncontract the "it's" and "you're". Consistency is key.
    Finally, you'll want to end on a full stop (or other related punctuation mark). For example: ".", "!", "?", "…" are all valid ways of ending a sentence.

    Overall, I give it a 4/10, needs improvements. I'd advise working on your own grammatical standards before complaining about other people's. As the proverb goes, "Good writing is good editing, and vice-versa".

    My friend you just turned my most bad day at work into a postive one with this reply. You had me in tears of laugher lol thank you so much!!😄

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843031#Comment_3843031

    My friend you just turned my most bad day at work into a postive one with this reply. You had me in tears of laugher lol thank you so much!!😄

    Always happy to help

    Gc2XzMBXwAE2URX.jpg
  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843041#Comment_3843041

    Triggered is an interesting word to use - I'd rather go with bored. Don't have work until Saturday, essay isn't due until Friday and it's only 100 or so words out from being done, sister's out with the dog… Why wouldn't I do a deep dive into some random stranger's grammar, especially after they insult someone else's. Pot, kettle, black - that sort of thing.

    Also, if that's a book to you, I'd read more often. It's only 905 words - that's barely enough for a couple of paragraphs, let alone a chapter, let alone a book.

    I'm glad you agree this is pointless though - a little bit like this discussion, pointless. I don't actually care, but in my mind writing that out was funny, so it's what I did during my 20 minute study break before going back to uni work. And at the end of the day, I'm glad you're happy - it's what all of us should strive for. I hope the rest of your evening can continue the joy the supposed novel from the self-appointed grammar police brought you.

    Oh, and it's self-appointed*.

    You know your alright. I appreciate a bit of banter on the forums :)

  • @Jay_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843031#Comment_3843031

    LMAO you spent that much time going through a message haha. I'm actually happy because is just goes to show that some people in these forums get triggered over anything.

    Bottom line. This post is pointless. The suggestions for the "nerfs" were garbage and the original post was just pain to read with how badly it was written.

    But I look forward to book number 2 from the self appointed grammer police 🚓 🚨

    Unfortunately you spelt the word "grammer" incorrectly as it is instead spelt like "grammar"

  • @buggybug said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843031#Comment_3843031

    My friend you just turned my most bad day at work into a postive one with this reply. You had me in tears of laugher lol thank you so much!!😄

    That grammar comment was so long that I didn't read it until I saw your reply to it. It's a fun read!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843017#Comment_3843017

    If we're in the habit of complaining about grammar, I hope you have no complains to me checking yours? Ignore the quote line above, that's a forums error that copied over from Notepad and I can't seem to fix, sadly ^

    "I can only assume that you have made this post as a troll?."

    "You have" can be shortened to "you've" for ease of reading, and there's no need to put a full stop following your question mark. A question mark ends a sentence, so there's no need to then re-end it.

    "Ignoring the fact that the English grammer in this hurts my brain,…"

    Everyone in this thread is speaking English; there's no need to clarify that the grammar specifically is English. Also, grammar*.

    "…you basicly want to removed every part of his power and turn him into an m1 killer…"

    Firstly, basically*. Secondly, "remove" not "removed" - "you basically want to remove…". Minor point, too, but the M for M1 should be capitalised.

    "…that can go stealth…"

    The phrasing of "that can go stealth" is clunky - either go for "enter stealth" or "become stealthed", and instead of "can" the conditional "could" works better with the phrasing when using "that": "that could enter stealth".
    Moreover, though, as the Wraith is a killer (a character and person, not a thing) the "that" is also not the best fit - you'll want to use "who", so while your "can" could be correct ("who can enter stealth/who can become stealthed") the "could" is still the best fit, IMO.

    "…but then never have a benefit to that because of the insane debuff from uncloaking?"

    This is missing a conditional clause, which was present in the last phrase (even when using "can"). "But then would never have a benefit" would work better.

    Following this, you've got 2 line spacing, which can work if you're consistent, but in general you'll want to stick to just the one, particularly on these forums. Smaller line spacing can be accessed using shift + enter, so the double space is gramatically incorrect also. You can see what that looks like above.

    "My assumption is that you have been destroyed by a good wraith player and just want him out of the game because entitled...."

    Now this starts off promising (though again "you have" can be shortened to "you've" for easier reading, especially as these forums aren't generally hugely academic so contractions are allowed and often used, case in point), but you stumble near the end. The "just" is unnecessary to get your point across, though not hugely harmful to the sentence. There are, however, missing words between "because" and "entitled" - perhaps a "you're" wouldn't go amiss? "Because you're entitled" flows much better, but you've got some options here.
    Also, an elipsis is only three - like this "…" - anything further is unnecessary and looks like the same issue with the question mark above - you're trying to end a sentence which the elipsis has already ended. While they can serve many purposes, and don't always end a sentence, in this case the general rules of grammar dictate that it ends that sentence specifically.
    Finally, Wraith is a proper noun as it refers to a specific person, place, or thing, so therefore must always be capitalised.

    "I do hope your post was a joke because if it is a serious suggestion then you need to take a break from dbd my dude…"

    Very nearly correct, but "dbd" should be "DbD" because it's a shortening of "Dead by Daylight", which is capitalised. Also, the "my dude" is a separate clause, so should be separated with a comma; "…break from DbD, my dude,…" works much better.

    "…because it's very clear your burnt out with dbd…"

    You're using "it's" here, which is inconsistent with the rest of your answer. I'm aware I've corrected you not contracting before, but as here you are I'd advise that you pick one or the other - either go for a fully academic writing style, or use contractions constantly. To do otherwise reads poorly.
    Also, it's "you're" and not "your". "You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are" - "because it is very clear you are burnt out…" - while "your" dictates that an object, place, person, or other thing belongs to the individual with whom you're speaking to. "Your burnt out" could work if it was instead "your burn out", as "burn" is then used as a noun and not a verb, however that would require further sentence restructing.
    Finally, as before, it's "DbD" and not "dbd".

    "…as of you're complaining about an of killer that is mid tier at best"

    I'm not entirely sure what the "of" is supposed to be in either use - this simply isn't grammatically correct, and I'd suggest rewriting using a different word.
    The good news? You've successfully used the correct "you're" here - why could you not do this earlier?
    As you've contracted "you've" and "it's" above, contract "that is" to "that's" or uncontract the "it's" and "you're". Consistency is key.
    Finally, you'll want to end on a full stop (or other related punctuation mark). For example: ".", "!", "?", "…" are all valid ways of ending a sentence.

    Overall, I give it a 4/10, needs improvements. I'd advise working on your own grammatical standards before complaining about other people's. As the proverb goes, "Good writing is good editing, and vice-versa".

    I enjoyed reading this. I'm not taking sides in whatever is going on there, but it was a fun read!

    I'm curious about that whole separate clause thing though. I've recently started to see people address me that way in online communication (e.g. "Hi, Name!" vs. "Hi Name!") but I find it awkward when the comma is used.

    I'm aware this is a stupid thing to mention, but I'm curious about whether that's considered the correct approach. I think I need to read up on this.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843031#Comment_3843031

    I enjoyed reading this. I'm not taking sides in whatever is going on there, but it was a fun read!

    I'm curious about that whole separate clause thing though. I've recently started to see people address me that way in online communication (e.g. "Hi, Name!" vs. "Hi Name!") but I find it awkward when the comma is used.

    I'm aware this is a stupid thing to mention, but I'm curious about whether that's considered the correct approach. I think I need to read up on this.

    So the good news? There's no technically "correct" answer, because it all depends on context. Who's speaking, to whom, why are they speaking, general context, etc. all change how you'd write…anything, really. Academic style (most formal) is very different to texting, for example. Academic typically uses a comma wherever one could be used (or some equivalent to add a dependent clause, like brackets or a dash) whilst more informal generally won't. It also depends on who's speaking, where they'd naturally pause, and if the "Oxford comma" is being used.

    Oxford comma is using one before "and" where typically it isn't needed. For example, "I went it the beach today with my mates, had a great time, and really enjoyed it" vs "I went to the beach today with my mates, had a great time and really enjoyed it". Both are correct, depending on the person's manners of speaking, how they learnt English, and how formal they want to be. I use it all the time as a force of habit because I've been doing it since I was, like, 14, but many don't even in their academic work.

    So to answer your question about "Hi, Name" or "Hi Name" my only answer can be it depends. An email when you don't know them? Probably wouldn't be hi, but the comma would be there. An email to your bestie? Probably wouldn't use the name, but there wouldn't be a comma if it was. A letter? Probably would be there but not always. A tweet? Probably not.

    Both are correct, so go with whatever your heart desires and remember that English is just four languages in a trenchcoat, all of whom are fig ting for the controller.

  • @smurf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3843067#Comment_3843067

    That grammar comment was so long that I didn't read it until I saw your reply to it. It's a fun read!

    Yep lol.

  • You gave me good laught today 😂. But no wraith is not OP he is middle tier killer and decent survivors beat him most of the time. In 2vs8 he got buffed but there are much more safe pallets so it's all fair. He is at best decent killer.

1 2 ›