New sadoka playstyle

Watched a few videos thats the most effective at getting condemn and its spamming tvs before anyone has the chance to retrieve one, mori someone and rinse and repeat

Honestly its really strong with sadokas already present hit and run playstyle, it has some scale ceiling as theres usually a order to follow but really boring.

Not like theres much other playstyles as if a survivor does retrieve and put a take back they lose 44% of all condemn progress

Comments

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831285#Comment_3831285

    My problem with condemned is that her chase is damned to be bad because of it. I want condemned and her chase to be in a good spot like in her first version (sure condemned needed some buffs, but the buffs from the reworks would have buffed 1.0 significantly already), where she was so much more fun to play as and against. The sad thing is, as long as all the focus is on condemned, she will never get any buffs or changes to her chase, which is a very cool aspect of her, but overlooked by so many.

    I think they should make, that you always spread condemned around one TV and every 60s every survivor gets one stack of condemned (if not hooked or slugged). Thisway there would be passive condemned build up, she could get buffs in other areas and she wouldn’t be designed to constantly spam tp to get stacks on people (at least less).

    I think your idea is fine too, but I like it more to have one full stack, that gets spread.

    40 condemn per second for holding tapes.

    Tapes would instantly make you fully condemned after one second 😅. What would happen to the other 33stacks?

    #########, I meant 1 condemn every 40s, or 0.025 condemn per second 🤣🤣🤣

    But on the plus aide, it would achieve the goal of stopping people grabbing tapes xD

    Interesting, as I say, I don't know 1.0 Sadako very well, and it's hard to track down a full explanation for her original power. I've pieced together what I can, and I know she was very dependent on her iri to turn hrr tvs back on, what was her chase ability in 1.0?

    Is there a reason not to grab tapes in this version?

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831297#Comment_3831297

    #########, I meant 1 condemn every 40s, or 0.025 condemn per second 🤣🤣🤣

    But on the plus aide, it would achieve the goal of stopping people grabbing tapes xD

    Interesting, as I say, I don't know 1.0 Sadako very well, and it's hard to track down a full explanation for her original power. I've pieced together what I can, and I know she was very dependent on her iri to turn hrr tvs back on, what was her chase ability in 1.0?

    Well her chase ability was the same , but a lot less limited, because of no TV auras and constant availability of all TVs. Most Sadako players back then ignored the condemned mechanic and just chased with her. I’m not saying she was perfect, but with just buffing her numbers back then, she would have been. That’s basically what I did in my Sadako wishlist suggestion, which I linked in my last response to you, where I buff every aspect of old Sadako.

    I played her hit and run and was constantly switching targets. It was like chasing multiple people at the same time. I chased them away from the gens and switched targets and repeated it. From the survivor perspective it was also a lot more fun too, because you never knew, where she would come from and therefore you never felt save. Another thing that didn’t exist was the visual heart beat, so most people didn’t even know she had a lullaby, because it is very silent and her stealth ability did actually work. Basically you switched targets all the time and kept the whole team busy and sometimes you condemned people and then go for them. The funny thing is, I never played for condemned and it happened at least once in three matches, so people who played for it could archive this very consistently.

    I would not say she was addon dependent, because her addons were a lot better back then. The TV cooldown addons were quite useful, all the tape related adddons were good and her chase addons were good. You had much more variety in my opinion since you weren’t forced to playin a certain way/for condemned. It was optional and not like now the only viable way to play her. Most of her addons are now outdated, because they are still designed for 1.0. If you only see the condemned part of her power, then yes, she was addon dependent, but that’s not how most people played her back then. Most just used her mobility to be omnipresent everywhere on the map. She was so scary back then.

    Is there a reason not to grab tapes in this version?

    Tapes were a risk (every 25s 1stack), so most people didn’t take them, except when they did not want to get chased, so they disabled the TV and she couldn’t teleport to them. Secondly they were taken to remove stacks, when they got too high. Another problem with the mechanic was, that TVs stayed longer inaktiv if you teleported there (100s) than when survivors disabled them (70s). Tapes back then had a completely different concept than now. They were meant not to be touched if not needed to, while now you have to touch them without even thinking a second about it.

    But on the plus aide, it would achieve the goal of stopping people grabbing tapes xD

    🤩👍

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831301#Comment_3831301

    Well her chase ability was the same , but a lot less limited, because of no TV auras and constant availability of all TVs. Most Sadako players back then ignored the condemned mechanic and just chased with her. I’m not saying she was perfect, but with just buffing her numbers back then, she would have been. That’s basically what I did in my Sadako wishlist suggestion, which I linked in my last response to you, where I buff every aspect of old Sadako.

    I played her hit and run and was constantly switching targets. It was like chasing multiple people at the same time. I chased them away from the gens and switched targets and repeated it. From the survivor perspective it was also a lot more fun too, because you never knew, where she would come from and therefore you never felt save. Another thing that didn’t exist was the visual heart beat, so most people didn’t even know she had a lullaby, because it is very silent and her stealth ability did actually work. Basically you switched targets all the time and kept the whole team busy and sometimes you condemned people and then go for them. The funny thing is, I never played for condemned and it happened at least once in three matches, so people who played for it could archive this very consistently.

    I would not say she was addon dependent, because her addons were a lot better back then. The TV cooldown addons were quite useful, all the tape related adddons were good and her chase addons were good. You had much more variety in my opinion since you weren’t forced to playin a certain way/for condemned. It was optional and not like now the only viable way to play her. Most of her addons are now outdated, because they are still designed for 1.0. If you only see the condemned part of her power, then yes, she was addon dependent, but that’s not how most people played her back then. Most just used her mobility to be omnipresent everywhere on the map. She was so scary back then.

    Is there a reason not to grab tapes in this version?

    Tapes were a risk (every 25s 1stack), so most people didn’t take them, except when they did not want to get chased, so they disabled the TV and she couldn’t teleport to them. Secondly they were taken to remove stacks, when they got too high. Another problem with the mechanic was, that TVs stayed longer inaktiv if you teleported there (100s) than when survivors disabled them (70s). Tapes back then had a completely different concept than now. They were meant not to be touched if not needed to, while now you have to touch them without even thinking a second about it.

    But on the plus aide, it would achieve the goal of stopping people grabbing tapes xD

    🤩👍

    Oh I gotcha, cheers for the breakdown, I'm glad to say that (mostly) falls in line with what I knew about her.

    The 100s cooldown was the one that stuck out to me, there was that iri add-ons that turned back on all TVs you'd projected to after hit from manifestation.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Iridescent_Videotape

    This looks like it just made her better in every way with her push people into TVs and cut off gameplay, and it was my understanding this add-on was the one that really would make or break her, but that's obviously only from what I understand talking to others.

    Regarding tapes, I was asking about your reworked version with the passive 60s condemn.

    Is there a reason not to grab a tape? Does the tape do anything other than turn off the TV and help remove condemn? Or is this going back to the 100s projection and 70s tape recovery on TVs?

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831304#Comment_3831304

    Oh I gotcha, cheers for the breakdown, I'm glad to say that (mostly) falls in line with what I knew about her.

    The 100s cooldown was the one that stuck out to me, there was that iri add-ons that turned back on all TVs you'd projected to after hit from manifestation.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Iridescent_Videotape

    This looks like it just made her better in every way with her push people into TVs and cut off gameplay, and it was my understanding this add-on was the one that really would make or break her, but that's obviously only from what I understand talking to others.

    Regarding tapes, I was asking about your reworked version with the passive 60s condemn.

    Is there a reason not to grab a tape? Does the tape do anything other than turn off the TV and help remove condemn? Or is this going back to the 100s projection and 70s tape recovery on TVs?

    I loved iri videotape and I was so sad as they removed it. I wished they just nerfed it accordingly and kept it.

    Is there a reason not to grab a tape? Does the tape do anything other than turn off the TV and help remove condemn? Or is this going back to the 100s projection and 70s tape recovery on TVs?

    Tapes would only be for turning off TVs and removing condemned and they would give 1 stack of condemned every 25s like in her first version.

    @Langweilig said:

    Hello folks,

    Here are some of my ideas for Sadako or the Onryo depending on how you want to call her. I try to make her more fun again. My three topics are chase buffs (flicker and tp), a revert of two aspects and addons (changes/ideas).

    Chase/flicker buffs:

    I think her flicker is a really cool ability, but not quite useful in most cases. I‘m trying to change that.

    (Is the invisibility still bugged? If yes, please fix that behavior. Thanks)

    • The otherworld visible duration gets reduced to 1s or 1,2s (was1,5s)

    Through that change her invisibility would happen more often and make keeping track of her more difficult. Currently this is not really the case and it is very easy to know where she is located in chase. It would allow for smother and more fluid mindgames as well and maybe encourage more players to use that part of her power more. The time you have to wait for getting invisible again often discourages me to use it.

    • The lullaby range decreased to 12-18m (was 24m) and please remove the directional part of it

    It is really frustrating to have a stealth power that simply does not work. Like 90% of my opponents notice the lullaby in the visual heartbeat sensor and run instantly away before I came even anywhere close to them. Then the directional part of it always tells survivors where I will come from, so that they don‘t have a chance at running into me and it makes mindgames as her really frustrating when survivors have constant wall hacks through the sound of it. That was one of the big changes you did to dredge, please do this for her too.

    • In Sadakos post manifest flicker the red stain is hidden or she is undetectable for the flickering duration (new)

    A small change to make her flicker a little bit better. The red stain often gives you completely away and makes using the ability rather difficult, especially when you want to focus on using the invisibility in the right moments instead of focusing on hiding the red stain.

    • She flickers for 4s after crawling out of an TV (new)

    This is a nice thematic change she does in the movies and it would be nice seeing it in the game. I don‘t think it will have much use, but in some cases it might help. This is more a change for the horror theme of her.

    • Demanifest flicker and manifest flicker get the same values, which means she is invisible for 1,2s after manifesting like when she is in demanifested.

    Mainly to merge her two addons (reikos watch and newspaper), which both do exactly the same thing and it would just be a nice little buff

    • Her invisibility does not deactivate through breaking pallets and vaulting windows

    When playing shack I often feel like my ability does literally nothing and like it should work for the window at least. I tried serveral times vaulting it while being invisible only to find out it does not work and I see no reason why it shouldn‘t. Other killers have a lot better abilities than this could ever be.

    Teleport/chase buff:

    -Please remove TV auras!!!!!! (Very important) or give me an addon for it

    I know what your intentions were when you added them, but they did not solve the issue you wanted to solve of survivors not knowing where and how to find TVs (which wasn‘t hard before). Most of them who struggled still ignore and do nothing against her power, but it makes playing her a nightmare. You can never get close to anyone with the teleport like you could before you added them. They always prerun half an hour ago in the opposite direction while you crawl out of TVs, because they see you from a mile away through walls, which forces you to ALWAYS run bloody fingernails to not have a completly useless teleport. I remember in the past how good and fun it was to chase people through the TVs and what it is now! (It’s not fun anymore). Secondly it makes survivors disable most of her TVs all of the time against survivors who know what they are doing, which isn’t fun as well to have no teleport points. Last but not least it hurts the horror feeling of this character when you always know where she will come from. PLEASE BEHAVIOR THIS IS MY BIGGEST PAIN POINT WHEN PLAYING HER, PLEASE SOLVE THOSE TWO PROBLEMS IT WASN‘T ALWAYS LIKE THAT AND SHE WAS A LOT MORE FUN IN HER FIRST VERSION BECAUSE OF THAT!

    • Tape insertion speed and the speed for turning off TVs is 1,5-2s (0,5s/1s)

    A thing I liked doing in the past was interrupting survivors when they want to put in tapes or turn off TVs, but currently the interacting time with TVs is so low, that it is almost impossible to tp to the TVs in time. This is especially frustrating when playing aura builds and seeing them at the TVs and not being able to demanifest in time in order to get there. It’s not really about interrupting the removal of condemned for me, but this would be another use.

    • TVs no longer turn off after projection (was 45s); Edit: TVs have a 30s long condemned cooldown after teleporting towards them, which still allows you to teleport there, but they don’t spread condemned while on cooldown

    I don‘t see why not. Survivors can always turn off TVs for a long period of time and even without the TV auras TVs are loud and have an effect around them, so there is enough things that limit her tp already. She even has a cooldown in form of switching into the otherworld mode.

    A revert of two aspects to make her more similar to her first version and some buffs to some of her issues back then

    I never really liked that she got reworked since she has been my favorite killer back then. Ever since she was no longer as fun to play as she once was. All the focus was on making condemned super annoying and making her teleport trash in the process, which was my favorite part of her power. Don‘t get me wrong condemned is nice, but it should not be the only focus of her. The problem is her current mechanics of global condemned and having no downside to holding tapes forces turning off TVs non stop, which removes all teleport points near survivors. I don‘t think there is a way to have a good teleport with the current mechanics, which you (behavior) would go, so I suggest reverting those two aspects. (One way to solve it in the current version could be my second addon idea)

    • Passive condemned: Every 25s of holding a tape you get 1 stack condemned

    This is one of the main reasons why I will always prefer the first version. Survivors were not encouraged to grab tapes at all and I had all the TVs available most of the time even tho the cooldown was long. Chasing with her was so much more fun as the focus was not only on making her condemned well (and annoying) even tho I would say her condemned is in worse spot than it would be with 1.0 mechanics. I loved teleporting around and chasing survivor with the TVs, which is no longer possible/viable way of playing her if you want to win.

    • Only one TV spreads condemned

    Her condemned is only slowdown now if you don‘t play against beginners, who ignore TVs all the time. Then again making it global or all TVs, forces survivors to turn off all the TVs near them, which is extremely unfun. Lastly your own skill does not matter since she is all about the other side misplaying, you can‘t really impact much if they play right and it‘s not good giving the other side so much power over your ability. It‘s also not good Design to have an opressive ability like that, which is only oppressive against people who have no clue what‘s going on.

    • Condemned gets spread in a 20-24m range (was16m)

    To make it easier to spread condemned stacks, which could easily be outrunned back then, because it gets spread at the end of crawling out of the TVs animation.

    • Hooking a survivor gives all other survivors 1 stack of condemned (new)

    To encourage hooking over slugging and to actually chase someone instead of tp spamming. While I don‘t have a problem with slugging, especially on a killer that has no strong chase ability, both ways of playing her aren‘t really fun for the survivors. Instead of forcing everyone to play a certain way, I want to encourage playing in a more fun way instead of removing it and punishing all who play her even tho they didn‘t play that way just seems wrong to me. (This could probably even get added into the current version‘s basekit.) It would obviously also be a nice buff to condemned, which many say was too weak back then, but I think with those changes it would have been in a good spot.

    Addon changes

    • 🔴Iri videotape: Hitting a Survivor within 8 seconds after Manifesting turns on the last 2-3 TVs turned off (revert) - My favorite addon of all time in this game. With the live version it would need a compensation nerf, which makes that you only spread condemned only around one TV. I would also make current iri tape basekit without the negatives, which is a cool addon, but no worth being iri.
    • 🟢Well water might need a new effect, because the buff to the post manifest flicker might make it irrelevant
    • 🟢Ring drawing: Condemned Survivors spread their Condemnation to other Survivors, who complete a Healing action on an injured Survivor. - The old effect was a lot cooler/stronger/uniquer and the current effect should be basekit and not be on an addon, which I suggested in the reverting part. Please bring back this old/cool addon.
    • 🟢Rickety pinwheel: Survivors suffer from the obvious effect and hear no lullaby (new), when within 12-16m (was 8m) of any TV. This effect lingers for 1-2seconds (new). Turning off TVs halves its range (new). - This addon got rarely used, because it doesn‘t really activate in the live version since survivors are encouraged to take tapes and in her former version it was ok, but not really useful since you are normally not walking around the map outside of her power. The range was also too small and often didn‘t even reach gens.
    • 🟡Yoichis fishing net: Reduces the time it takes Survivors to acquire another stack of Condemned by -12 % when holding a tape (revert to its old effect) - The current effect does not really activate often and the older one was a lot more useful. We also do not really need 2 blindness addons (revert focused addon change)
    • 🟡Sea-soaked cloth: Survivors suffer from the blindness Status effect when within 12-16m (was 8m) of any TV (was only turned on TVs). This effect lingers for 1-2s (new).Turning off TV’s halves its range (new). - The range was too small to be useful and in live TVs are always turned off, so it doesn‘t activate much. 
    • 🟡Reikos watch gets a new effect and its effect becomes part of 🔘old newspaper. I never understood why there is a diffrence between demanifest flicker and manifest flicker in terms of addons and power. Old newspaper would still be +33% for manifest and demanifest flicker invisibility 
    • 🟡Clumb of hair: Reduces the threshold for full Invisibility while Demanifasted by 10-14m (was 6m) and this effect lingers for 1s (new) -The 6m don‘t really matter. The addon could be really cool if it wasn‘t that weak.
    • 🔘Cabin sign and 🟡well stone need both new effects since their effects are too minor or they need a big buff and cabin sign would do nothing if there is no cooldown after projection.

    Addon ideas/suggestions (the colors represent the addon rarity)

    • The haste from protection gets turned into hinderd and given to survivors for the duration of the speed in a 16m range of the TV. - Would be a fun meme addon. 🔘/🟡
    • Sadako can tp to a turned off TV and activates it afterwards again, she does not spread condemned when doing it. - Would be strong addon for mobility (if TV auras get removed [Please]) 🟢/🟣/🔴
    • Every time a generator gets completed every survivor gets a stack of condemned - Another way to spread condemned, could maybe even be basekit if she gets reverted. 🟡/🟢
    • At the start of a match she crawls out of a TV next to a survivor and the TVs are not on a 30s long cooldown - This would be nice get into chase quick at the start of a match addon. 🔘/🟡

    I hope my feedback was helpful and hopefully she gets changes that make her more fun to play again soon.

    Thanks for reading!

    What do you think , please give some constructive feedback?

    That is basically how I would change her. I would keep the things from the current version, that I don’t mention.

    I would add to the changes I make in that discussion, that every 60s every survivor gets 1 stack condemned, so the focus is not on spamming the teleport button all the time, but I don’t know wether it would be too much. In that discussion I added to her first version, that hooking a survivor gives all other survivors one stack of condemned, so you have to do something for it and to reward to actually chase someone instead of spamming. This would also pair well with the condemned lock in.

    In there I go over chase buffs (making her flicker better, TVs no longer turn off after a teleport, the lullaby…..), addon changes/ideas, that could also be done to the current version and a revert part to her first version with buffs to condemned (range increase, hooking survivors spreads condemned).

    Sorry for copying this discussion in again, but if you are interested, that are the changes I would like to see.

  • @UndeddJester iri tape was what made her consistently viable. That's why this addon was so problematic. It was basicly the only addon you every saw on her because it made her a lot easier to play and gave her kit a lot more consistency.

    It's similar to the problem clown had and Myers very much has. One specific addon is so strong that it elevates the killer way too much. This becoming a hindrance in case that the killer actually gets some buffs.

    I think a proposal back then was to make thw addon partially basekit and to rework the addon completely. This would have been an incentive for her to actually chase people and because her chase is so bad, every hit would actually make an impact. Obviously this idea had its downsides in form of being very strong in slugging situations.

    The real issues back than was ring drawing in terms of unhealthy playstyle and iri tape because it made her a lot more easy and consistent to play, resulting in everyone using it.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    @UndeddJester iri tape was what made her consistently viable. That's why this addon was so problematic. It was basicly the only addon you every saw on her because it made her a lot easier to play and gave her kit a lot more consistency.

    It's similar to the problem clown had and Myers very much has. One specific addon is so strong that it elevates the killer way too much. This becoming a hindrance in case that the killer actually gets some buffs.

    I think a proposal back then was to make thw addon partially basekit and to rework the addon completely. This would have been an incentive for her to actually chase people and because her chase is so bad, every hit would actually make an impact. Obviously this idea had its downsides in form of being very strong in slugging situations.

    The real issues back than was ring drawing in terms of unhealthy playstyle and iri tape because it made her a lot more easy and consistent to play, resulting in everyone using it.

    Iri tape wasn’t problematic and the last ring drawing version (without the slugging part) wasn’t either.

    Sure iri tape without adjustments in the current version would be too much, but her old version with todays buffs and that addon would be fine. In the current version I would make that only one TV spreads condemned and keep it as it was.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831352#Comment_3831352

    Iri tape wasn’t problematic and the last ring drawing version (without the slugging part) wasn’t either.

    Sure iri tape without adjustments in the current version would be too much, but her old version with todays buffs and that addon would be fine. In the current version I would make that only one TV spreads condemned and keep it as it was.

    Her old ring drawing was an issue, until they fixed it to where slugged opponents would not receive condemn upon pickup.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831365#Comment_3831365

    Her old ring drawing was an issue, until they fixed it to where slugged opponents would not receive condemn upon pickup.

    I said, “the last version of it (without the slugging part)”wasn’t an issue. I haven’t denied, that the first version wasn’t good.

  • I propose this to the devs.

    Revert Sadako to 1.0 - keep the following changes.

    *Keep the Reduced Tv cooldown times

    *Cannot be stunned while demanifested

    *Keep increased speed coming out of TVS.

    *Stealth fixed and corrected from Patch 7.5.0

    *Revert Yoichis fishing net back to 12% faster on passive condemn on tapes.

    *Revert old ring drawing to give condemn upon heals only not slugs OR make current ring drawing base kit.

    *Keep the Lock in condemn.


    New - The Onyros lullaby has been dramatically increased in size from 24 meters to 45. OR reduce it to 18 meters.

    New - The Onyros TVs now turn on after 20 seconds. (Was 30)


    (I feel like I am missing stuff?)

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831375#Comment_3831375

    I said, “the last version of it (without the slugging part)”wasn’t an issue. I haven’t denied, that the first version wasn’t good.

    I missed that part - sorry. 😅

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I propose this to the devs.

    Revert Sadako to 1.0 - keep the following changes.

    *Keep the Reduced Tv cooldown times

    *Cannot be stunned while demanifested

    *Keep increased speed coming out of TVS.

    *Stealth fixed and corrected from Patch 7.5.0

    *Revert Yoichis fishing net back to 12% faster on passive condemn on tapes.

    *Revert old ring drawing to give condemn upon heals only not slugs OR make current ring drawing base kit.

    *Keep the Lock in condemn.


    New - The Onyros lullaby has been dramatically increased in size from 24 meters to 45. OR reduce it to 18 meters.

    New - The Onyros TVs now turn on after 20 seconds. (Was 30)


    (I feel like I am missing stuff?)

    I basically want the same, just a bit more.

    Small correction: TVs have a 45s cooldown after teleporting not 30s.

    About the lullaby: I would prefer it being 18m or smaller since it directional and I don’t want survivors to have wall hacks on me with a 45m range.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831352#Comment_3831352

    Iri tape wasn’t problematic and the last ring drawing version (without the slugging part) wasn’t either.

    Sure iri tape without adjustments in the current version would be too much, but her old version with todays buffs and that addon would be fine. In the current version I would make that only one TV spreads condemned and keep it as it was.

    Iri tape was absolutely problematic. It elevated her too much. That was the problem.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I propose this to the devs.

    Revert Sadako to 1.0 - keep the following changes.

    *Keep the Reduced Tv cooldown times

    *Cannot be stunned while demanifested

    *Keep increased speed coming out of TVS.

    *Stealth fixed and corrected from Patch 7.5.0

    *Revert Yoichis fishing net back to 12% faster on passive condemn on tapes.

    *Revert old ring drawing to give condemn upon heals only not slugs OR make current ring drawing base kit.

    *Keep the Lock in condemn.


    New - The Onyros lullaby has been dramatically increased in size from 24 meters to 45. OR reduce it to 18 meters.

    New - The Onyros TVs now turn on after 20 seconds. (Was 30)


    (I feel like I am missing stuff?)

    As much as I would love this to see happen. Im very certain, that it wont. I assume that they dont want to deal with her anytime soon, considering how many problems they have to deal with right now. Sadako is probably one of their lesser problems compared to characters like:

    • Freddy
    • Myers
    • Skull Merchant
    • Nurse

    I would hope to be wrong but I just dont see it.

  • I hope she gets some love too, it would be nice to see her going up a few tiers strength wise but I also have a feeling the devs aren’t really interested in her just now (which is also why i’m so keen for them to fix her demanifest bug in the meantime).

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831382#Comment_3831382

    As much as I would love this to see happen. Im very certain, that it wont. I assume that they dont want to deal with her anytime soon, considering how many problems they have to deal with right now. Sadako is probably one of their lesser problems compared to characters like:

    • Freddy
    • Myers
    • Skull Merchant
    • Nurse

    I would hope to be wrong but I just dont see it.

    I agree my friend. Truly. 💯

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I propose this to the devs.

    Revert Sadako to 1.0 - keep the following changes.

    *Keep the Reduced Tv cooldown times

    *Cannot be stunned while demanifested

    *Keep increased speed coming out of TVS.

    *Stealth fixed and corrected from Patch 7.5.0

    *Revert Yoichis fishing net back to 12% faster on passive condemn on tapes.

    *Revert old ring drawing to give condemn upon heals only not slugs OR make current ring drawing base kit.

    *Keep the Lock in condemn.


    New - The Onyros lullaby has been dramatically increased in size from 24 meters to 45. OR reduce it to 18 meters.

    New - The Onyros TVs now turn on after 20 seconds. (Was 30)


    (I feel like I am missing stuff?)

    these are all good 👍🏼

    i would like to see them up the lock-in stacks to 4 and i actually wouldn’t mind if she had a map wide lullaby (like dracula in bat form) if they’re gonna keep it - at least it keeps survivors guessing where she might appear.

    basekit reiko’s watch + old newspaper too (without the bugs😊)

  • @NickMilian said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831382#Comment_3831382

    these are all good 👍🏼

    i would like to see them up the lock-in stacks to 4 and i actually wouldn’t mind if she had a map wide lullaby (like dracula in bat form) if they’re gonna keep it - at least it keeps survivors guessing where she might appear.

    basekit reiko’s watch + old newspaper too (without the bugs😊)

    I agree with you :)

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831283#Comment_3831283

    This is why I suggest a 3.0 condemn change of say:

    • 0.5 condemn within 16m of a powered TV.
    • +0.5 condemn within 16m of the TV Sadako teleports to (maybe 0.75?)
    • ~40 condemn per second for holding tapes.

    Please explain why this doesn't address those issues? Condemn is always building, and the trade off is you control Sadako's ability to interrupt you on a gen. It makes sense for survivors to partner up to minimise condemn build up in this scenario.

    This is far better than the 2.0 version, which you keep advocating for, but aren't addressing the problems I bring up...

    I'm happy to hear your revisions for 2.0, but just saying 2.0 is better, which can only even be argued as possibly true in the very thin band where survivors are good enough to not get steam rolled, but not good enough that Sadako gets completely minced... is not helpful.

    Why don't these changes work with 3.0? What changes would work with 2.0?

    Cause as it stands you're gonna really struggle to convince me that skill is born from landing a single m1 then spamming TP every 10s to mori a player, and it's the speed at which you do so that determines whether you win or lose.

    I'm happy to hear your revisions for 2.0, but just saying 2.0 is better, which can only even be argued as possibly true in the very thin band where survivors are good enough to not get steam rolled, but not good enough that Sadako gets completely minced... is not helpful.

    the reason sadako got steamrolled is because her chase is bad vs good players. the tapes effectiveness or ineffecitve scales on the survivor's ability to loop and how easy or how hard it is to loop depends on chase power being effective.

    inevitably, while i do think her condemn is not in a good state, i don't think buffing condemn is correct play in her current state. i think correct play is to buff her chase so that her chase is more viable vs better players. She's a bad m1 killer alongside a poor condemn mechanic. as much as i want her condemn to be better, her chase should be adjusted first. Flicking invisibility doesn't work in its current form because as soon as you see first flicker, you can guess the direction that killer commits on long loops. her invisibility needs to be way longer, a single instance of invisibility and her passive invisibility should be more aggressive flickering.

    as for her condemn, i think a more simple change is to allow sadako to build condemn by hitting a survivor. a single condemn stack. The other condemn buff that i think i would do is change her ring drawing to no longer grant 1 condemn stack but to instead lock condemn of All survivors in the trial when sadako successfully hooks someone.

    Summary:

    • When Onryo hits a survivor, the survivor condemn meter is increased by 1
    • Reworked Ring drawing to lock all survivors in the trials condemn up to 3 when performing a hooking action.
    • Reworked her manifesting to turn her invisible for 1.5 seconds
    • Reworked her passive demanifest state to have faster invisibility flickers.

    I am not saying your changes would be bad. I am just offering different suggestions that i think would be superior in my opinion.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831285#Comment_3831285

    I'm happy to hear your revisions for 2.0, but just saying 2.0 is better, which can only even be argued as possibly true in the very thin band where survivors are good enough to not get steam rolled, but not good enough that Sadako gets completely minced... is not helpful.

    the reason sadako got steamrolled is because her chase is bad vs good players. the tapes effectiveness or ineffecitve scales on the survivor's ability to loop and how easy or how hard it is to loop depends on chase power being effective.

    inevitably, while i do think her condemn is not in a good state, i don't think buffing condemn is correct play in her current state. i think correct play is to buff her chase so that her chase is more viable vs better players. She's a bad m1 killer alongside a poor condemn mechanic. as much as i want her condemn to be better, her chase should be adjusted first. Flicking invisibility doesn't work in its current form because as soon as you see first flicker, you can guess the direction that killer commits on long loops. her invisibility needs to be way longer, a single instance of invisibility and her passive invisibility should be more aggressive flickering.

    as for her condemn, i think a more simple change is to allow sadako to build condemn by hitting a survivor. a single condemn stack. The other condemn buff that i think i would do is change her ring drawing to no longer grant 1 condemn stack but to instead lock condemn of All survivors in the trial when sadako successfully hooks someone.

    Summary:

    • When Onryo hits a survivor, the survivor condemn meter is increased by 1
    • Reworked Ring drawing to lock all survivors in the trials condemn up to 3 when performing a hooking action.
    • Reworked her manifesting to turn her invisible for 1.5 seconds
    • Reworked her passive demanifest state to have faster invisibility flickers.

    I am not saying your changes would be bad. I am just offering different suggestions that i think would be superior in my opinion.

    I am not saying your changes would be bad. I am just offering different suggestions that i think would be superior in my opinion.

    All good, sorry to bust balls man, I was just having a hard time resolving your stance on things 😁

    I think your reasoning makes sense here, just a quick question, cause its not immediately apparent, are these for 3.0 instead of 2.0? Cause these changes sound like they're for 3.0 given the suggestion for ring drawing, but youve quoted my 2.0 line.

    I'll assume its for 3.0, this idea is actually quite interesting, mostly cause her condemn lock in features more in her kit. After all, 2 hits on a survivor is 2 condemn, which will be the common condemn lock in unless they get a tape off mid chase somehow.

    If Sadako's game in 3.0 wasn't better with hit and run, this would be possibly overtuned... but considering she wants to hit and run there is more of a trade off here... commit to one survivor for more guaranteed condemn, but reduce the pressure map wide, or drop chase and try to keep a global presense with TV control. It makes sense.

    I might be a little worried though how much she profits from hitting someone off hook through BT or OTR, and there's also more potential condemn value from slugging.... though countering Dead Hard is nice.

    I'd probably have to see in it action, but a mechanic such as a full stack for hitting healthy survivors and a half stack for injured might be worth looking into.

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831326#Comment_3831326

    I loved iri videotape and I was so sad as they removed it. I wished they just nerfed it accordingly and kept it.

    Is there a reason not to grab a tape? Does the tape do anything other than turn off the TV and help remove condemn? Or is this going back to the 100s projection and 70s tape recovery on TVs?

    Tapes would only be for turning off TVs and removing condemned and they would give 1 stack of condemned every 25s like in her first version.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428547/my-sadako-onryo-wishlist-long-post

    That is basically how I would change her. I would keep the things from the current version, that I don’t mention.

    I would add to the changes I make in that discussion, that every 60s every survivor gets 1 stack condemned, so the focus is not on spamming the teleport button all the time, but I don’t know wether it would be too much. In that discussion I added to her first version, that hooking a survivor gives all other survivors one stack of condemned, so you have to do something for it and to reward to actually chase someone instead of spamming. This would also pair well with the condemned lock in.

    In there I go over chase buffs (making her flicker better, TVs no longer turn off after a teleport, the lullaby…..), addon changes/ideas, that could also be done to the current version and a revert part to her first version with buffs to condemned (range increase, hooking survivors spreads condemned).

    Sorry for copying this discussion in again, but if you are interested, that are the changes I would like to see.

    Its an interesting concept. I'm more used to the idea of survivors wanting to turn TVs turn off of course, but it makes sense if taking a tape wants to be discouraged.

    The demanifest changes look good, no objections to any of that.

    The condemn on teleport having its own individual cooldown per TV is a cool idea in conjunction with the TVs never turning off when Sadako uses them. That makes it more clear of the trade offs.

    You would need to redo iri add-on though, if survivors have accepted the penalty for taking a tape being able to undo it with the iri makes that add-on pretty busted unfair. Either have TVs stay on unless you take a tape, or the iri (with nerfs) to turn projected TVs back on. I don't think it works if you can do both, unless the iri brings back turning off TVs to mess with Survibors grabbing/delivering tapes.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831729#Comment_3831729

    I am not saying your changes would be bad. I am just offering different suggestions that i think would be superior in my opinion.

    All good, sorry to bust balls man, I was just having a hard time resolving your stance on things 😁

    I think your reasoning makes sense here, just a quick question, cause its not immediately apparent, are these for 3.0 instead of 2.0? Cause these changes sound like they're for 3.0 given the suggestion for ring drawing, but youve quoted my 2.0 line.

    I'll assume its for 3.0, this idea is actually quite interesting, mostly cause her condemn lock in features more in her kit. After all, 2 hits on a survivor is 2 condemn, which will be the common condemn lock in unless they get a tape off mid chase somehow.

    If Sadako's game in 3.0 wasn't better with hit and run, this would be possibly overtuned... but considering she wants to hit and run there is more of a trade off here... commit to one survivor for more guaranteed condemn, but reduce the pressure map wide, or drop chase and try to keep a global presense with TV control. It makes sense.

    I might be a little worried though how much she profits from hitting someone off hook through BT or OTR, and there's also more potential condemn value from slugging.... though countering Dead Hard is nice.

    I'd probably have to see in it action, but a mechanic such as a full stack for hitting healthy survivors and a half stack for injured might be worth looking into.

    I think your reasoning makes sense here, just a quick question, cause its not immediately apparent, are these for 3.0 instead of 2.0?

    they're 3.0 idea's.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3831342#Comment_3831342

    Its an interesting concept. I'm more used to the idea of survivors wanting to turn TVs turn off of course, but it makes sense if taking a tape wants to be discouraged.

    The demanifest changes look good, no objections to any of that.

    The condemn on teleport having its own individual cooldown per TV is a cool idea in conjunction with the TVs never turning off when Sadako uses them. That makes it more clear of the trade offs.

    You would need to redo iri add-on though, if survivors have accepted the penalty for taking a tape being able to undo it with the iri makes that add-on pretty busted unfair. Either have TVs stay on unless you take a tape, or the iri (with nerfs) to turn projected TVs back on. I don't think it works if you can do both, unless the iri brings back turning off TVs to mess with Survibors grabbing/delivering tapes.

    I tried to make suggestions for the current version and 1.0 with the thought, that behavior might not do every idea (for example TVs stay on), but you are right iri tape would be a bit unfair with that version. Maybe it should only turn on 1 TV or the following idea could be its new effect.

    • Sadako can tp to a turned off TV and activates it afterwards again, she does not spread condemned when doing it. 🟢/🟣/🔴

    Only to clarify I made all the suggestions, that aren’t the revert part, also for the current version.

  • Personally I think Sadako is a super fun killer. She is my main and I enjoy her so much.

    I think there’s room for a few improvements:

    1- When a survivor reaches full condem, make them exposed and broken until you down them or they deliver the tape. This makes condemn a bit more impactful.

    2- Give her a slight speed increase if you Demanifest - Manifest. That would help on chases.


    3- Downing a survivor carrying a tape and hooking him, gives everyone a condemned stack, basekit.

  • @Vishlumbra said:

    Personally I think Sadako is a super fun killer. She is my main and I enjoy her so much.

    I think there’s room for a few improvements:

    1- When a survivor reaches full condem, make them exposed and broken until you down them or they deliver the tape. This makes condemn a bit more impactful.

    2- Give her a slight speed increase if you Demanifest - Manifest. That would help on chases.


    3- Downing a survivor carrying a tape and hooking him, gives everyone a condemned stack, basekit.

    I’m very certain 1 and 2 will never happen since exposed would be too much in combination with a mori ability and getting a speed boost after uncloaking is wraiths thing.

    3 should definitely be basekit. I would go even further and say: Everytime you hook someone, every not downed/hooked survivor receives one stack of condemned.

  • A full condemn should at least injure the survivor. I think it would help a bit. I mean, Pig traps for example, they have dire consequences and you are not forced to chase anyone or down them for them to have a Mori effect.

    I have more suggestions:

    1- Like I said, full condemn should injure the survivor at the very least.

    2- At 3-6-7 stacks of condemn, survivors scream and reveal their location for 3 seconds.

    3- At chase, survivor gets .75 condemn every 10 seconds till he escapes. Then it goes to CD for the Onryo for 30 seconds. Like only if you chasing actively.

    4- Survivors carrying a tape being chased are hindered 5%.

    5- Survivors being chased while carrying a tape are blinded.

  • @Vishlumbra said:

    Personally I think Sadako is a super fun killer. She is my main and I enjoy her so much.

    I think there’s room for a few improvements:

    1- When a survivor reaches full condem, make them exposed and broken until you down them or they deliver the tape. This makes condemn a bit more impactful.

    2- Give her a slight speed increase if you Demanifest - Manifest. That would help on chases.


    3- Downing a survivor carrying a tape and hooking him, gives everyone a condemned stack, basekit.

    Sadako is my main as well and the suggestions between your two posts aren't so much improvements as they are massive buffs.

    A full condemn should at least injure the survivor. I think it would help a bit. I mean, Pig traps for example, they have dire consequences and you are not forced to chase anyone or down them for them to have a Mori effect.

    But Pigs traps are limited in how many you have and they deactivate in chase.

    Condemn and Pigs traps aren't meant to be ways that the killer can win. They are meant to provide slow down which, if the survivors push it, can be a way to eliminate the survivor.

  • i DO think carrying a tape should have a risk, such as a status effect (eg. exposed after a certain duration of holding it) and ring drawing base kit if hooked with one - they are cursed after all but at the moment they only provide benefits for survivors.

  • I don’t think is such a big deal injuring a survivor that has ignored 10 + manifestions to rush gens. That’s the problem, most strategies involve ignoring tapes till they are basically fully condemned, sounds good for Sadako, but it’s not, cause by the time you are going for the kill, the game has progressed too much. It’s very easy ignoring the mechanic and the consequences are not that bad. Like I said, Pig slowdown has a stronger consequence, Pinhead for example, his slowdown is forced to every survivor, they need to do box to even play, etc.

    Other option could be a basic aura reading base kit, because if you go for perks that give you information, you are sacrificing not using perks that help you down survivors or pressure gens.

    Final thing could be helping her end chases. Maybe idk, something like, after a while you can instantly go through a pallet, something.

    I don’t expect every single thing to be applied, but I do think she could get a buff.

1 2 ›