The maps feel terrible on both ends

There is SO much stuff that catches your little pinky toe or big toe on both sides now. Looping and mind games feel terrible with these map changes. You get stuck on every tiny little thing now. The clutter is ridiculous.

Comments

  • We need a spring cleaning event

  • I am at lost why because I recalled bhvr sajd they was going to fix that starting with knights map, however it seem instead all maps obtained more clutter.

  • @buggybug said:

    I am at lost why because I recalled bhvr sajd they was going to fix that starting with knights map, however it seem instead all maps obtained more clutter.

    knights map became so bad as they touched it. It was so good as it wasn’t reworked.

  • I hope they go back to the map design from before 4years. The new maps aren’t fun, too small….. and don’t look as good as the old ones.

  • @Langweilig said:

    I hope they go back to the map design from before 4years. The new maps aren’t fun, too small….. and don’t look as good as the old ones.

    Just from the appearance point - (I know it's a matter of taste) I think maps looks amazing now, much better than before. I mean, it's natural because we are advancing in technology. Looking at the sky and see a beautiful and colorful patterns, how much better the objects and 3d models look…

    The atmosphere on the other hand - completely changed. As much as I liked DBD as a horror multiplayer game - new "landscapes" not suitable for a horror aspect.

    From the gameplay point - I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I like how maps now cluttered with junk and LOS breaking. Maps RNG could still be unfair to one side or another.

    Overall - issues with maps are still there - but maps looks much better.

  • @Grigerbest said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3813140#Comment_3813140

    Just from the appearance point - (I know it's a matter of taste) I think maps looks amazing now, much better than before. I mean, it's natural because we are advancing in technology. Looking at the sky and see a beautiful and colorful patterns, how much better the objects and 3d models look…

    The atmosphere on the other hand - completely changed. As much as I liked DBD as a horror multiplayer game - new "landscapes" not suitable for a horror aspect.

    From the gameplay point - I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I like how maps now cluttered with junk and LOS breaking. Maps RNG could still be unfair to one side or another.

    Overall - issues with maps are still there - but maps looks much better.

    I liked the old looks of dbd, they truly felt like a horror game, the atmosphere was so so so much better there. I don’t like daytime maps. Maps being so small makes them frustrating to play on and seeing all 4 edges from every point of the map feels really bad. Gameplay wise maps are far too easy for killers, they went from too good for survivors to far too good for killers. All the clutter does also not feel good. The removal of most grass and bushes on maps feels not good.