What is your general thoughts on the voice acting in this game?

not counting actual voicelines but stun sounds screams pain noises etc

Comments

  • I think Bhvr has done a really good job of making them recognizable. It’s like I know what Survivor is coming to me for healing based off of their injured sounds.

    It’s one of those difficult things that Bhvr pulls off so well.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    not counting actual voicelines but stun sounds screams pain noises etc

    as long as we don't have a day 1 Kate Denson voice incident I think the va's are pretty decent

  • Aside from new Jonah, pretty good.

  • Pig stun sound is peak. 🐽

  • They're pretty solid, but I hate one of Saga's hook voice lines, it sounds so obnoxious.

  • Very good for the most part.

    The only dissatisfaction I have is that they didn't get someone closer to the original when they changed Jonah's voice actor. I've always found it jarring.

  • The voice acting has improved a lot in recent years. If I remember correctly, they work closely with a studio called The Monster Factory (La Fabrique de Monstres), that supplies the VAs for their characters (killers and survivors).

    You can tell trained from untrained in a heartbeat. Alan Wake's VA, Matthew Porretta, did a phenomenal job with his screams and lines, almost as if the recording booth he was in was actually a Jigsaw trap.

    Some of the older voices, like Nea's, pale in comparison. Personally I don't like her hook screams at all, but I don't want to see them replaced.

  • Excellent, imho…except for Leon - he's just annoying to hear, lol.

  • @MarbleThrone said:

    The voice acting has improved a lot in recent years. If I remember correctly, they work closely with a studio called The Monster Factory (La Fabrique de Monstres), that supplies the VAs for their characters (killers and survivors).

    You can tell trained from untrained in a heartbeat. Alan Wake's VA, Matthew Porretta, did a phenomenal job with his screams and lines, almost as if the recording booth he was in was actually a Jigsaw trap.

    Some of the older voices, like Nea's, pale in comparison. Personally I don't like her hook screams at all, but I don't want to see them replaced.

    for awhile they used devs as voice actors I swear the trickster chapter is when they started using monster factory

  • @LadyOwO said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/426139/what-is-your-general-thoughts-on-the-voice-acting-in-this-game

    as long as we don't have a day 1 Kate Denson voice incident I think the va's are pretty decent

    oh yeah that lmao

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    not counting actual voicelines but stun sounds screams pain noises etc

    it hasn’t always sounded realistic but is professional. Ones now are a bit.. to realistic for my tastes mostly Lara and the Elf. It’s well done though

  • I don't pay too much attention to them but the devs do a good job with matching a voice to a character and making them sound distinct. Sound design is a difficult thing to perfect but it has always been one of DBD's strong suits.