Do bhvr all main killers and hate survivors?

I have 3k hours in dbd, but so many of my fav perks got nerfed, idk back in 2020 smth, dead hard, iron will, decisive , i didnt feel like playing anymore. I come back this year to see they kept that party going. At the same time they seem to have buffed killer perks alot. And release some insane anti loop killers. I dont disagree with all of the changes, but i just wanna know from the killers side of things (ive played a fair amout of killer but its nowhere near as intriguing as playing a surv to me)

Do you killers also see things are getting way too unbalanced? Do you win everygame you play? (3 dead is a win yes?)
I dont care to escape trials (but dont get me worng i will sit on a gen any sec i get) ill die for that last teammate on hook, ill get downed for you if you are on your last hook.
i just want FUN gameplay. TEAMPLAY. But bvhr really made sure thats impossible now.

I cba going in to specific perks/ changes , just in general. I wanna know what killers think, preferably those above the k mark in hours played.

Comments

  • @mecca said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793531#Comment_3793531

    Outside the small circle of killer mains, it is not perceived overblown. It is a real balance issue. Literally everyone I knew quit playing due to imbalances.

    I believe your experience is definitely a minority.

    I really don't think it is, I think it can correlate roughly with:

    • Running annoying perks or not
    • Running bright skins or not
    • Knowing how and when to stealth or not

    Oh, and I play both sides. More Survivor actually. In the vast majority of my games, neither me nor my friends get tunnelled. Are all four of us in the minority? Is everyone I play with, all 100+ people in my friends list, in the minority?

  • In other words, exactly what I stated in my post if you had bothered to read them and hence the reason I asked BHVR to investigate to see if it was something limited to my games or a general phenomena. Please read my posts before continuing to responde.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793532#Comment_3793532

    I already proved it happens in 26% of my games and there are anti-tunnel perks used. Did you not read the post I linked to in the other thread? I literally included video proof of it happening.

    Ad has your data, IDK, supposed WHY there's a 26% increase in tunnelling in your games?

    Does it control for any confounding variables like time of day, whether you're in SWF or SoloQ, cosmetics worn, etc.?

    Or are you doing the typical stat thing everyone here does and going, "wow! 58% is high for a Killer Kill Rate but 48% is low for Survivor Survival Rate even though that's close to a true 50/50 like I want and therefore, 26% of the time I get tunneled means that I get tunneled a whole lot and it's bad BHVR fix it"?

  • @GonnaBlameTheMovies said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793578#Comment_3793578

    Ad has your data, IDK, supposed WHY there's a 26% increase in tunnelling in your games?

    Does it control for any confounding variables like time of day, whether you're in SWF or SoloQ, cosmetics worn, etc.?

    Or are you doing the typical stat thing everyone here does and going, "wow! 58% is high for a Killer Kill Rate but 48% is low for Survivor Survival Rate even though that's close to a true 50/50 like I want and therefore, 26% of the time I get tunneled means that I get tunneled a whole lot and it's bad BHVR fix it"?

    If you read my posts you would already know those answers.

  • @GonnaBlameTheMovies said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793529#Comment_3793529

    This is one of the most sane takes I've read this whole thread.

    Yes. Killer Mains should accept they are no longer helpless or powerless. The only changes Killers need, and the only ones BHVR is doing, are QoL and basekit addons which are minor buffs to make the character feel better at best. And also that they are not intended to always 4k. 60% is an acceptable rate of kills, why do you always need repeated 4ks to be happy?

    Just like Survivor Mains need to accept that yes, the game is intentionally Killer-sided, it's a horror game, Surviving is hard and you may not always escape. 40% is an acceptable escape rate. Why do you need more escapes more frequently to be happy?

    thank you, I hate all these “oh BHVR favors this side wah wah wah 😩” the game is supposed to favor the killers. When will people realize this?

  • @Sandt1985 said:

    I’m kinda blown away that anyone could ever accuse hehavior of hating survivors, when this game was heavily survivor sided for the first 6.5 years of its lifespan

    you have a point.

  • Even though, I agree that the game has objectively been harder for survivor and easier (not completely handholding as others think) for killer. I wouldn't say that Behavior hates either side, I mean they need both for the game to function.

    Without survivors and killers, they wouldn't have a functional game. Even though Behavior has made some changes that make me scratch my noggin, I wouldn't consider them to hate or be biased to either side. Their reasoning to make it a 60% KR, while buffing survivor in more QOL updates highlights Behavior wanting to make the game more competitive (even if some people believe the game should be more casual, which I agree with).

    Yes, Behavior has been buffing killers whether specific to the killer or with QOL improvements like kicking a gen or pallet faster, they also introduced a HUD mechanic and anti-camp meter. They also develop perks that have undoubtably became meta for survivor —such as Finesse and the old Made For This.

    This might be a hot take, but I believe Behavior cares about both roles but they're a developer at the end of the day and will make questionable decisions. However, they do take in feedback and change things accordingly from me playing the game for many years.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    Even though, I agree that the game has objectively been harder for survivor and easier (not completely handholding as others think) for killer. I wouldn't say that Behavior hates either side, I mean they need both for the game to function.

    Without survivors and killers, they wouldn't have a functional game. Even though Behavior has made some changes that make me scratch my noggin, I wouldn't consider them to hate or be biased to either side. Their reasoning to make it a 60% KR, while buffing survivor in more QOL updates highlights Behavior wanting to make the game more competitive (even if some people believe the game should be more casual, which I agree with).

    Yes, Behavior has been buffing killers whether specific to the killer or with QOL improvements like kicking a gen or pallet faster, they also introduced a HUD mechanic and anti-camp meter. They also develop perks that have undoubtably became meta for survivor —such as Finesse and the old Made For This.

    This might be a hot take, but I believe Behavior cares about both roles but they're a developer at the end of the day and will make questionable decisions. However, they do take in feedback and change things accordingly from me playing the game for many years.

    I don't think that's so much a hot take at the end but an objective truth. BHVR has shown throughout the years that they care about the enjoyment of both roles which is part of the reason why things always change on both sides of the equation. Nobody can take a look at all the changes throughout the years and say BHVR is "so and so" sided unless they are biased towards a particular side themselves or so frustrated that their frustration is clouding their judgment. DbD is BHVR's livelihood and they want the game to succeed.

    Sometimes questionable decisions will be made but that's completely understandable as devs are just human and humans make mistakes. Also, despite whatever decision BHVR makes somebody will always disagree about it because, well, that's the internet for you.

  • I read your posts. I found no satisfactory answers that correlate to my own data, I'm afraid… :(

    Please simply answer me. Did you control for confounding variables like an actual statistical analysis, or just run the data through a spreadsheet and make conclusions?

  • Nah... Killer is easy. The hardest part about killer is dragging the game on long enough to get a pip. It would be very easy to quickly end any game that I've played however I don't get any rewards for it except for 4K. Or 3K whatever. Basically I have to let them do gen's to kick and let them do unhooks and basically only win by one gen in order to get any kind of pips. Survivor for the most part is just unbearable. That's why I kind of switched

1 2 ›