2v8 killer queue time is a problem

I not asking to remove survivors BP bonus to play 2v8, but hell… queue time as a killer is insanely long and we don't have a incentive at all to play as a killer, like... 30+min to find ONE match that will take around 10 min to be done, seriously? Find a match as a survivor is fast, so the problem is lack of killers playing and we receive nothing to play as a killer, what's the point to try play a new and fun game mode if I can't find a match to play?

I really trying to play this game mode, but it appears that you can only play this game mode with 10 friends.

Edit - find a match as a trapper take around 10 to 15 min for me, find a match as a huntress... Take 40 min and I give up, maybe will be nice if we have a expected queue time for the killer you pick to have a estimative for how long gonna take for you to find a match.

Comments

  • It's a very fun game mode but I quit playing because ques were about 20 mins for me. Base game is about 15 right now too because everyone's in new game mode. It's good fun but I've completely switched off dbd for the time being.

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    I not asking to remove survivors BP bonus to play 2v8, but hell… queue time as a killer is insanely long and we don't have a incentive at all to play as a killer, like... 30+min to find ONE match that will take around 10 min to be done, seriously? Find a match as a survivor is fast, so the problem is lack of killers playing and we receive nothing to play as a killer, what's the point to try play a new and fun game mode if I can't find a match to play?

    I really trying to play this game mode, but it appears that you can only play this game mode with 10 friends.

    Edit - find a match as a trapper take around 10 to 15 min for me, find a match as a huntress... Take 40 min and I give up, maybe will be nice if we have a expected queue time for the killer you pick to have a estimative for how long gonna take for you to find a match.

    Find a match as a survivor is fast, so the problem is lack of killers playing and we receive nothing to play as a killer

    That's the reverse of how it works. I recently explained it on a different thread, so I'll post a screencap of it here:

    ts-survivor-queue.png

    I'm describing a long survivor queue there, but the same principle applies to killers. You're having a long killer queue because there are too many killers and not enough survivors.

    That's why the survivor bonus is 400%: there aren't nearly enough survivors to match up with the number of people who want to team up as killer.

    Here's a game dev stating the same thing:

    @Mandy said:

    This is due to the extremely high volume of players who want to play as Killer in this mode, we've increased the survivor incentives percentage in order to try to balance this out a little bit.

    So, rather than a bonus for playing killer, we seem to need survivors to get even more than just a 400% bonus.

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    I not asking to remove survivors BP bonus to play 2v8, but hell… queue time as a killer is insanely long and we don't have a incentive at all to play as a killer, like... 30+min to find ONE match that will take around 10 min to be done, seriously? Find a match as a survivor is fast, so the problem is lack of killers playing and we receive nothing to play as a killer, what's the point to try play a new and fun game mode if I can't find a match to play?

    I really trying to play this game mode, but it appears that you can only play this game mode with 10 friends.

    Edit - find a match as a trapper take around 10 to 15 min for me, find a match as a huntress... Take 40 min and I give up, maybe will be nice if we have a expected queue time for the killer you pick to have a estimative for how long gonna take for you to find a match.

    no… the problem is that to many killers are playing; the reason its instaneous for survivor is because of the excess killers… the bp incentive is to decrease the killer queue…

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/422003/2v8-killer-queue-time-is-a-problem

    Find a match as a survivor is fast, so the problem is lack of killers playing and we receive nothing to play as a killer

    That's the reverse of how it works. I recently explained it on a different thread, so I'll post a screencap of it here:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9FG01V8VWK5H/ts-survivor-queue.png

    I'm describing a long survivor queue there, but the same principle applies to killers. You're having a long killer queue because there are too many killers and not enough survivors.

    That's why the survivor bonus is 400%: there aren't nearly enough survivors to match up with the number of people who want to team up as killer.

    Here's a game dev stating the same thing:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3767450#Comment_3767450

    So, rather than a bonus for playing killer, we seem to need survivors to get even more than just a 400% bonus.

    That make a lot of sense, I always thought that was less killers and lots of survivor.

    Probably gonna appear other people seeing the same as you, but I don't want to change the content of the post (I'm too lazy to do this)

  • I don't think I've even got in a 2v8 as the killer yet spent hours waiting other night massive let down