2v8 Is Garbage

It's unbalanced, way too survivor sided, and frankly not fun as killer. Why BHVR thought this was a good idea is beyond me - this has to be the least thought out game mode I've ever played in a game before.

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • @zarr said:

    Meanwhile there are people going for killer streaks where in 10+ matches only 1 gen got finished at most per match:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2207351589

    No mode in which Nurse is available will ever be survivor-sided. It's crazy that Nurse, who was always going to be the strongest killer for obvious reasons, gets a long list of buffs for this mode, while also both benefitting the most from the constant aura reveals and being affected the least by the increased number of pallets.

    Without Nurse in the mode I would agree that its basic format favours survivors, although even then two competent/good killer players teaming up would handedly win most of their matches against the chaotic survivor groups consisting of mostly mediocre-at-best players that 90+% of lobbies always are with this game's player pool and matchmaking.

    I've found the best way to deal with nurse is to have a scout constantly follow them so that every survivor starts running well before she gets in range. Even as a solo, once I started doing this I noticed my teammates stopped getting hit as she teleports onto a gen.

    It is not perfect, but most nurses if they don't see anyone immediately they will rotate to another gen rather than hanging about.

  • So after playing way way too many games, it definitely isn't survivor sided. I've had one game with an 8 escape and that's cos the killers clearly let us go (everyone was on death hook and they just kept smacking everyone but not chasing at that point) and at least 4 games ending in 8 kills (those are the ones i saw, some i moved on to next game so that number could be higher). The rest have been a mix of deaths and escapes, typically that favour the killer but a couple draws in there too. The games play out the same as my typical solo q games to be honest, just on a larger scale. A few gens will pop early, then they just slow down completely. With 8 people in a game it's crazy how there's probably only 2 people on a gen at any given time. Thankfully I just care about the 400% bp incentive so as long as I get some bp I'm happy lol

  • @Shroompy said:

    A large majority of people have wanted this for years now and so far the reception has been very positive.

    So if you dont like it theres a very simple fix, dont play it.

    Good advice. You're seeing that now, hence the 20-40 minute queue time for killers. Enjoy!

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    The game mode isn't supposed to be balanced. At least not as balanced as the main game.

    It's supposed to be a mode where everyone can just mess around with their friends. It's not supposed to be as competitive and not supposed to be taken as seriously.

    The fun comes from the chaos

    Amen, i'm having a blast.

  • @ReviloDBD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/421873/2v8-is-garbage

    I've had a completely opposite experience as you, 2v8 just brought me back to DBD from a 2+ month long break actually, and I've been enjoying it so much as it is so refreshing to play Survivor with a "Class System" and roles like (Medic, Scout, Guide, etc.) really love that part of it, I just wish more of the Killers were available to choose from, but playing together as a Team with a Killer is also fun and requires some coordination!

    Idk, I've enjoyed it so much that I am finally enjoying DBD again, it has been refreshing. I even logged into the Forums for the first time in nearly 6+ months now just so I can see what other people are saying about the 2v8 mode, and I was very shocked to read your post just now which is why I decided to comment.

    Personally, I'm really happy that DBD made this game mode and finally actually let us play it! I wish it was staying around for longer than just only 14 days to be honest!

    EDIT: My only Concern is that the Killer Que literally takes around 20+min to pop for me so that is a whole lot of sitting around and waiting for a match, I wish more Survivors were interested in playing the game mode so that Killer ques wouldn't be so long, although I suppose it must be much easier to find 2 Killers than it is to find 8 Survivors unfortunately lol

    Yes! 100%

    The classes are incredibly fun aren’t they? I’ve only tried the generator class but my mind is racing thinking about the different playstyles of the other classes. It’s like expectation exceedingly fun.

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3767853#Comment_3767853

    There is no "chaos" when the result is pretty much guaranteed, it's a same expected game every time

    To make a game chaotic, it MUST be balanced to be unpredictable, unbalanced mess is so boring and predictable

    The chaotic nature of the game mode comes from the fact that there is more players than usual, the maps are larger, and the games mechanics are bent. The chaos isn't stemming from whether you escape or die.

  • Absolutely unplayable as SoloQ, a lot of non sense players and miserable experience. Broken the MMR on core mode and much more in 2v8. Honestly i never want to see this mode again. Terrible, is a little fun with your friend as killer and nothing more

  • I feel like it i works well when survivors team up and spread out on gens around the map. If the killer comes, have one person hide near by to jump back on the generator once the killer runs off after the swarming bees.

  • @ElodieSimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3768081#Comment_3768081

    Good advice. You're seeing that now, hence the 20-40 minute queue time for killers. Enjoy!

    The long queue times are because killers have, for the first time in Dbd's history, been able to queue up with a friend.

    Its exactly like what happens on PTB's. Everyone wants to play the new killer, since thats most interesting.

  • @ExcelSword said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3768435#Comment_3768435

    I've found the best way to deal with nurse is to have a scout constantly follow them so that every survivor starts running well before she gets in range. Even as a solo, once I started doing this I noticed my teammates stopped getting hit as she teleports onto a gen.

    It is not perfect, but most nurses if they don't see anyone immediately they will rotate to another gen rather than hanging about.

    I confirm this could work against my Nurse.

    However they need to be far enough from the gen when I kick it otherwise I'll chase.

  • I think its actually killer sided

    Plus, as survivor, I'm getting like 60k BP even if I die, and I can queue another match immediately

    As killer, 23k BP average, and by the time I find another queue, survivors would be playing their 3rd match

    😂

  • @HerInfernalMajesty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3767929#Comment_3767929

    Yes! 100%

    The classes are incredibly fun aren’t they? I’ve only tried the generator class but my mind is racing thinking about the different playstyles of the other classes. It’s like expectation exceedingly fun.

    I think that DBD benefits from making other "roles" and playstyles effective and valuable and creates a more "team-based" dynamic, it's great! So far Medic is probably my favorite.

1 2 ›