What are these spinning circles?

I just bought the game on ps4 to get off of Switch and even though I did the tutorial, it won't let me play. Why all the spinning circles?

20240723_235009.jpg

Comments

  • Could be a loading error. Maybe try reinstalling?

  • I think the game is not fully installed yet. So you are able to play the Tutorial, but you cannot access the online functions at this point.

  • I think you need to do the tutorial before unlocking multiplayer. That’s what I had to do but maybere there is another explanation.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I think the game is not fully installed yet. So you are able to play the Tutorial, but you cannot access the online functions at this point.

    @Murgleïs said:

    I think you need to do the tutorial before unlocking multiplayer. That’s what I had to do but maybere there is another explanation.

    @Memesis said:

    Could be a loading error. Maybe try reinstalling?

    @Aven_Fallen was correct. It said it was downloaded but then after looking at other screens, I saw it had an additional 17 minutes of Time to go. This was like my 3rd time playing on a Playstation so I was lost. Thank you everyone for helping 🙏

  • Aven_Fallen nailed it. Some platforms allow you to play the tutorial while you wait for the rest of the game to download. The other buttons will unlock once the download is finished.

  • @Peanits said:

    Aven_Fallen nailed it. Some platforms allow you to play the tutorial while you wait for the rest of the game to download. The other buttons will unlock once the download is finished.

    Thank you, Peanits! Check out my appreciation thread! I'm in a great mood. I even survived my first match on PS4

    @CountOfTheFog said:

    I finally bit the bullet and transferred off of Nintendo Switch. I Spent as much as I could repurchasing characters with Shards, but still ended up having to spend over $100 on characters.

    I know PS4 is last generation, but wow! Coming off of 4 years playing Nintendo Switch in Docked Mode, it looks and feels amazing to me!

    The only thing I'm struggling with is the controller because I'm so used to using the Switch Pro Controller which has the left thumb stick in a different place and also the "confirm" and "cancel" buttons are swapped so that's my biggest hurdle lol

    All in all, I'm really glad that the devs made this happen 🙌 🙏

    I was so on edge seeing the sparks during generator repair and the flashing red exit gate lights 😆 We don't have those effects on Switch

    It'll be quite a bit until I can afford a PS5, but I'm so happy that I have good graphics and performance now!

    I hope everyone that is using cross-progression is as happy (if not more so) than me 🤗

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I think the game is not fully installed yet. So you are able to play the Tutorial, but you cannot access the online functions at this point.

    @Peanits said:

    Aven_Fallen nailed it. Some platforms allow you to play the tutorial while you wait for the rest of the game to download. The other buttons will unlock once the download is finished.

    Is this the norm for PS4? Today's update is "copying" something and it's taking quite a bit of time. Well past 10 minutes. Just curious as I'm new to Playstation.

    20240724_111617.jpg
  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3766281#Comment_3766281

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3766346#Comment_3766346

    Is this the norm for PS4? Today's update is "copying" something and it's taking quite a bit of time. Well past 10 minutes. Just curious as I'm new to Playstation.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TKTPVVGJATUU/20240724-111617.jpg

    Yes, that's normal. PlayStation takes forever to do some updates as it makes a copy of the game. It also means you need to leave a lot of unused space on the drive or else updates can't install.

  • Also I've found on my Xbox that should I start DBD when there's an update downloading but it says Ready to Start, all of my perks, cosmetics, and charms get reset. And yeah only the tutorial was playable. So I just always let it finish the update first now.

    Might be the case for the PlayStations too.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3766416#Comment_3766416

    Yes, that's normal. PlayStation takes forever to do some updates as it makes a copy of the game. It also means you need to leave a lot of unused space on the drive or else updates can't install.

    My First Killer game on PS4 and I get this. Is this common?

    20240724_141034.jpg
  • I wouldn't say it's super common, but it certainly happens. I haven't tried playing the game yet since installing the hotfix today, and some patches/updates bring more issues than others. I just "Report problem" and move on. If it happens again today, I'd open a bug report on the forums.

    If it happens multiple times in a short span, I'd definitely stop playing until the next update, otherwise you risk a long ban penalty.