Singularity is Miserable

I was extremely excited to see Singularity get some buffs in the ptb, giving me the itch to play so I waited. I waited. Why? Because playing Singularity is a miserable experience and I wanted to wait till the update to play but that hasn't happened yet.

I grew impatient, played a game and remembered why I don't play him anymore. The effort needed to make him even remotely work far surpasses any value you get out of that effort. Micro managing everything and constantly having to keep up the pressure which is heavily negated by emps which Suvivors seem to always have 24/7 except for these small gaps. Indoor maps are even worse to play on.

So I am freaking begging to know when any kind of changes will go live if any are to go live at all since we've gotten no word about the ptb.

Comments

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758129#Comment_3758129

    some characters are simply more mechanically challenging bc of their powers specifics and it's part of their learning curve.

    devs should`ve kept autoaim as a high rarity addon with downsides and called it a day, imo, but i guess they didnt want to deal with the next step of people complaining about accessibility locked behind an addon.

    im personally glad they, hopefully, settled on not adding it. yeah, it sucks for some players, they still have many other killers they can learn and play. as M&K player I'd rather have something to express particular M&K skills.

    A killer for everyone, not every killer for everyone.

    "A killer for everyone, not every killer for everyone"

    I actually like this sentiment, and agree. I'd love to put hours into Nurse but she gives me motion sickness, so that's a no go. But there's plenty of other killers I can play if I want (at the moment I just stick to Demo or Wraith). I think content creators, who play every killer because it's literally how they make their living, make a alot of players feel like they too need to play every killer. But I remember one of the devs (think it was Peanits) saying that they don't expect players to play every killer. They expect people to find the ones they're comfortable with and to fall back on those. Probably why they listened to player feedback on the camera auto aim.

    I learned to play Demo on the Nintendo Switch, which was hard but i stuck with it. Was so much easier once I got a PS5. And End Transmission has been my favourite original chapter to date, I absolutely love Singularity, but he's too difficult for me on PS5 and I'm okay with that. I'm sure I could put in the hours and become adequate but I cbf lmao

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758208#Comment_3758208

    "A killer for everyone, not every killer for everyone"

    I actually like this sentiment, and agree. I'd love to put hours into Nurse but she gives me motion sickness, so that's a no go. But there's plenty of other killers I can play if I want (at the moment I just stick to Demo or Wraith). I think content creators, who play every killer because it's literally how they make their living, make a alot of players feel like they too need to play every killer. But I remember one of the devs (think it was Peanits) saying that they don't expect players to play every killer. They expect people to find the ones they're comfortable with and to fall back on those. Probably why they listened to player feedback on the camera auto aim.

    I learned to play Demo on the Nintendo Switch, which was hard but i stuck with it. Was so much easier once I got a PS5. And End Transmission has been my favourite original chapter to date, I absolutely love Singularity, but he's too difficult for me on PS5 and I'm okay with that. I'm sure I could put in the hours and become adequate but I cbf lmao

    The singu thing is different tho. I agree not everyone is going to enjoy every killer and it's not the devs job to make killers be liked by everyone. The issue here tho comes down to how a killer feels with the controls you are given. Say a PS5 player really loves Singu and wants to learn them and play them but thanks to the poor controls on the controller for this killer that player is forced to play them with inferior unfun controls or just give up on the killer they want to play. Its not fair to this player to be put in that situation. It has nothing to do with health issues like you with nurse or if someone enjoys the killer or not. Take me for exp I HATE Hillbilly but I don't want him changed or reworked in a way where I enjoy him. If the only reason I cant enjoy a killer comes to poor controls on the input device Im forced to play on then Im going to be upset. Honestly, all devs could do is just add K&M support to console versions of the game and this discussion would be done with but dev has said they don't want to do that so we need them to think and offer other ways to make console players' lives better. We shouldn't gatekeep a killer just because PC players don't want their "skill expression" lowered. There have been a lot of good suggestions put out there like adding the aim asst to an addon or making something just for console players that doesn't affect PC players. Toystory3monky as far as I have seen wants the killer to say just the way he is just bc he doesn't want his fun to affect and would rather tell others "To bad go play something else"

    No one is saying singu needs to be completely changed so everyone will like him, we just saying that console players need something to help them enjoy the killer more on the input they are forced to use.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758208#Comment_3758208

    "A killer for everyone, not every killer for everyone"

    I actually like this sentiment, and agree. I'd love to put hours into Nurse but she gives me motion sickness, so that's a no go. But there's plenty of other killers I can play if I want (at the moment I just stick to Demo or Wraith). I think content creators, who play every killer because it's literally how they make their living, make a alot of players feel like they too need to play every killer. But I remember one of the devs (think it was Peanits) saying that they don't expect players to play every killer. They expect people to find the ones they're comfortable with and to fall back on those. Probably why they listened to player feedback on the camera auto aim.

    I learned to play Demo on the Nintendo Switch, which was hard but i stuck with it. Was so much easier once I got a PS5. And End Transmission has been my favourite original chapter to date, I absolutely love Singularity, but he's too difficult for me on PS5 and I'm okay with that. I'm sure I could put in the hours and become adequate but I cbf lmao

    Yeah. Considering how DbD prints a new killer every 3 months without a break, I dont think people should get worked over the killer not getting ALL ACCESSIBILITY changes in the world.

    Singularity got a lot of other QoLs that were just as important if not even more than poorly designed autoaim that caused way more issues than it solved.

  • @BlackRose89 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758383#Comment_3758383

    The singu thing is different tho. I agree not everyone is going to enjoy every killer and it's not the devs job to make killers be liked by everyone. The issue here tho comes down to how a killer feels with the controls you are given. Say a PS5 player really loves Singu and wants to learn them and play them but thanks to the poor controls on the controller for this killer that player is forced to play them with inferior unfun controls or just give up on the killer they want to play. Its not fair to this player to be put in that situation. It has nothing to do with health issues like you with nurse or if someone enjoys the killer or not. Take me for exp I HATE Hillbilly but I don't want him changed or reworked in a way where I enjoy him. If the only reason I cant enjoy a killer comes to poor controls on the input device Im forced to play on then Im going to be upset. Honestly, all devs could do is just add K&M support to console versions of the game and this discussion would be done with but dev has said they don't want to do that so we need them to think and offer other ways to make console players' lives better. We shouldn't gatekeep a killer just because PC players don't want their "skill expression" lowered. There have been a lot of good suggestions put out there like adding the aim asst to an addon or making something just for console players that doesn't affect PC players. Toystory3monky as far as I have seen wants the killer to say just the way he is just bc he doesn't want his fun to affect and would rather tell others "To bad go play something else"

    No one is saying singu needs to be completely changed so everyone will like him, we just saying that console players need something to help them enjoy the killer more on the input they are forced to use.

    I agree that K&M support is the best option, and never say never on that front regardless of what the devs say now.

    I'm a console player and I recognize the limitations. But a PC player's feedback that it feels like the killer is now an AI is also valid. I think just like I recognize swfs have an advantage over solos, and M1 killers are at a disadvantage compared to M2 killers, I just accept that us console players will have a harder time than PC players.

    I'm not sure if you've ever played this game on the Switch, but my biggest issue was camera sensitivity. 100% camera sensitivity on Switch is probably the equivalent to 50% camera sensitivity on the PS5 (i play on 100% sensitivity on PS5). I apologise in advance to all the other Switch players but this game was not made for the Switch. It's playable, sure, but overall performance is sub-par in comparison. It's great that it's an option but it will always have limitations compared to PS5. And both will always have limitations compared to PC.

    I'll add that I don't actually care either way whether the camera auto aim goes or stays. I love Singularity, so seeing more of them would be a plus in my book. Adding as a rare add on would work, I agree.

  • Or BHVR could just add preset flicks (i.e. 45 degree flick left) to the killer while in camera mode, to bridge the gap between console and PC. 

    The scanning window in camera mode is huge, so preset flicks are a good solution for console players. This isn’t like Trickster, who his tiny knife hitboxes that need to be aimed carefully. 

    Auto aim does way more than “just help console players”. It also super boosted many PC players, that weren’t fast with aiming even though they had a mouse and keyboard. 

    Again, there are ways to help console players, that don’t involve auto aim, and BHVR should look into that. And if people don't like that idea, then other things could be considered. Maybe have a button combination in camera mode, to increase camera movement sensitivity by something like +50% or +100%? Maybe controller players need a bigger range of sensitivities they can choose from?

  • @Laluzi said:

    It's a real pity they dropped the auto-aim. It was a huge saving grace to console players and it's not like Hux gets loads of value for no effort. He'd still be one of the most resource-intensive killers to play, and there's already plenty of skill expression in knowing the right angles and locations and distances to set up his pods.

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757196#Comment_3757196

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

    I hope that manually scanning survivors, stays at 0.6 seconds when the autoaim update is implemented. And if autoaim needs a higher scanning time, that the higher scanning time only exists when Singularity is using auto aim mode.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757196#Comment_3757196

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

    Oh, that is excellent to hear! I didn't think making it a choice was even a possibility, but that's the best of all worlds. Also thrilled about the change to remote biopod destruction. The Stridor change is also quite welcome with Iron Will coming back, as are the changes to the UI - the things that were reverted were the ones I was most unhappy with, so that's awesome. I'm seeing loads of stuff in the dev updates that kept cropping up in PTB Feedback and it always feels awesome that you guys are keeping a finger on our feedback.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757196#Comment_3757196

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

    are there any worries with devs' team that autoaim will be used to find people singularity otherwise wouldn't have known about or you're aware of it & considering it part of the intended design?

    great compromise for now though, im glad its not being forced.

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758562#Comment_3758562

    are there any worries with devs' team that autoaim will be used to find people singularity otherwise wouldn't have known about or you're aware of it & considering it part of the intended design?

    great compromise for now though, im glad its not being forced.

    I'm just worried that autoaim will eventually force Singularity to be nerfed, if it caused the killer to overperform in some MMR levels. The autoaim mode might need to have separate balancing from manual mode, so that PC players aren't ultimately nerfed because of a controller accessibility improvement.

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758562#Comment_3758562

    are there any worries with devs' team that autoaim will be used to find people singularity otherwise wouldn't have known about or you're aware of it & considering it part of the intended design?

    great compromise for now though, im glad its not being forced.

    Survivors on cameras glow white - it's pretty hard to miss an exposed one, and if the survivor is hiding behind an object then the biopod can't target them anyway.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758572#Comment_3758572

    I'm just worried that autoaim will eventually force Singularity to be nerfed, if it caused the killer to overperform in some MMR levels. The autoaim mode might need to have separate balancing from manual mode, so that PC players aren't ultimately nerfed because of a controller accessibility improvement.

    yes, this is exactly what im talking about.

    autoaim is no longer being forced upon or interfering with experience of other people, GREAT, thanks.

    however other issues persist too. It's not just accessibility, it's a VERY big buff that makes certain aspects of the killer way easier.

    Im really worried that compensatory nerfs will still happen, just not right now.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757196#Comment_3757196

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

    Nice!

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758562#Comment_3758562

    are there any worries with devs' team that autoaim will be used to find people singularity otherwise wouldn't have known about or you're aware of it & considering it part of the intended design?

    great compromise for now though, im glad its not being forced.

    Not a major concern, no. Swapping between pods to find Survivors is one of the ways they're intended to be used. Survivors in range would have always glowed white, making them pretty hard to miss. Survivors who are behind an object can't be targeted by the pod, so it won't reveal any info that wouldn't have access to if you were aiming manually.

    But of course if this does somehow become a major issue, we could always revisit it!

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758575#Comment_3758575

    yes, this is exactly what im talking about.

    autoaim is no longer being forced upon or interfering with experience of other people, GREAT, thanks.

    however other issues persist too. It's not just accessibility, it's a VERY big buff that makes certain aspects of the killer way easier.

    Im really worried that compensatory nerfs will still happen, just not right now.

    I really wish BHVR would have implemented preset camera flicks (e.g. 45 degrees left) to the camera mode, so that it helps controller players without affecting the overall game balance of the killer.

    Auto aim will be a huge boost for many PC players that use a mouse and keyboard, and if it causes a bunch of complaints that it "lacks counterplay", then I'm really worried Singularity will just get slammed by the nerf hammer.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3757196#Comment_3757196

    I can share now that the dev update is out, there's some good news in there for you! The auto aim will be making a return in one of the following minor updates as an optional mechanic. Tapping the button will take control of the pod as usual while holding the button will take control of the pod and aim at the nearest Survivor in view.

    We ultimately decided not to force it upon folks who prefered to pre-emptively aim their pods at hotspots, but many other people appreciated the feature, so this'll be the best of both worlds.

    More info can be found here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/458

    Im thankful yall found a way to give everyone what they wanted. This was a very good change imo. Great Job! Yall honestly surprised me

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758572#Comment_3758572

    Not a major concern, no. Swapping between pods to find Survivors is one of the ways they're intended to be used. Survivors in range would have always glowed white, making them pretty hard to miss. Survivors who are behind an object can't be targeted by the pod, so it won't reveal any info that wouldn't have access to if you were aiming manually.

    But of course if this does somehow become a major issue, we could always revisit it!

    i hear you. but please, as one of the singularity mains with insane dedication to the character.

    if some of his buffs become an issue, please don't make the character worse than he was before the "buffs". dont gut or rework his mechanics, just revert new problematic things or tune them down.

    It would be heartbreaking to see my beloved character get worse because of the buffs not working out and resulting into 1 step forward 2 steps back balancing.

  • Didn't expect things to reach this point. How nice.

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758586#Comment_3758586

    i hear you. but please, as one of the singularity mains with insane dedication to the character.

    if some of his buffs become an issue, please don't make the character worse than he was before the "buffs". dont gut or rework his mechanics, just revert new problematic things or tune them down.

    It would be heartbreaking to see my beloved character get worse because of the buffs not working out and resulting into 1 step forward 2 steps back balancing.

    No one wants players who love Singularity seeing their favorite get wreaked, and I too hope that doesn't happen.

  • @BlackRose89 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758562#Comment_3758562

    Im thankful yall found a way to give everyone what they wanted. This was a very good change imo. Great Job! Yall honestly surprised me

    @dbd900bach said:

    Didn't expect things to reach this point. How nice.

    Glad to see positive feedback when the devs deserve it! 😊

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758602#Comment_3758602

    No one wants players who love Singularity seeing their favorite get wreaked, and I too hope that doesn't happen.

    yeah.

    if they keep the 0.2 nerf as the time to hold the button for autoaim, it's generally fine and nonproblematic.

    im still worried about cameras finding people on their own, but if there's a delay, it would def be more optimal to do it on your own which is fine by me.

  • Im more than willing give credit when credit is due. Dev actually did a good thing this time around and will praise them on that. This change shows me they do care about console players and willing to find composition to make both pc and console players happy.

  • It seems like everyone wins with the optional toggle, W decision!

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3758348#Comment_3758348

    so my comment got deleted after a few edits bc the system randomly decided it apparently needs to be approved. if it goes back, sorry for the spam.

    imo the only middle ground we could have had if we really want auto aim is that if we do not nerf singularity's lock on in any capacity in relation to autoaim and make it only react on survivors that would've been normally visible within camera's line of sight when you access it.

    in that case there wouldn't be situations where cameras just instantly find people for you or when they're nerfed to compensate for autoaim so hard, that it's overall net loss for anyone who wasn't struggling with camera controls in the first place.

    trickster is a good example of how killer was probably really badly changed into more boring hybrid bc devs had to compensate for accessibility change, resulting in them deciding to reduce the overall impact of the power and forcing more conventional gameplay on trickster players which they probably don't appreciate since they chose that character in the first place. That's anything but good.

    Im glad that so far it seems devs have recognized the issue and decided not to go through with the change that clearly cuts off the skill expression and reduces the skill ceiling alongside the skill floor. flicks are way faster than 0.2 seconds which is how much lock on was nerfed, which effectively means that autoaim didnt replace flicks, it just removed the ability to even infect people in situations where flicks could've helped. it is a small win for teleport scan, but these are way less common than infections.

    I would be really surprised tho if they still nerf the lock on time and they didnt nerf it bc of the autoaim, but for some other unrelated reasons.

    Whichever makes the killer weaker, nerfing one aspect or another, or leaving it as is, that's the change they'll make.

1 2 ›