Is it intentional to block areas with Phantasm Traps?

Hello,
I hope it is ok to post it here, if not, can you please tell me and I will ask someone to move this thread?

Basically, yesterday a friend of mine and myself tested something with the Phantasm Traps of the Hag. During one game the Hag trapped the stairs leading up to one of the Buildings on the Swamp-Map, which made it unable for my friend to crouch over it.

It happens when placed on the stairs while using the "Scarred Hand"-Add-On. While the gamepedia states that the Traps have collision, is it intentional to block a path just with the trap? Because there would be no other way to get rid of it except for triggering it...

Kind regards

Comments

  • It does not break any rule and it is intentional. 
  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Considering Hag loses her ability to teleport with that add on, I'd say this is more than fair. 

    This

  • I believe this was intentional. As it helps with closing loops and stuff. I've used this a lot myself and blocked the basement using this add on. Poor survivors had no choice but to trigger the traps to save their friends.

  • I always thought this add-on just made the Phantasms have collision and not the trap itself.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:
    I always thought this add-on just made the Phantasms have collision and not the trap itself.

    Nope, everything has collision. Which makes it hilarious.

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Considering Hag loses her ability to teleport with that add on, I'd say this is more than fair. 

    I did not mean that it was unfair. Just that this would make it unable to avoid those traps via crouching. But considering another mechanic gets negated by that (the teleport), it is fair.

    Just was curious, which was the reason I asked about that.

    Thank you for all the answers!

  • Wait, you can't crouch and get by these traps?

    Or use a flashlight to get rid of them if you have one?
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Wait, you can't crouch and get by these traps?

    Or use a flashlight to get rid of them if you have one?

    You can always burn her traps, no matter what Add-ons.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Wait, you can't crouch and get by these traps?

    Or use a flashlight to get rid of them if you have one?

    Flashlights still destroy the trap. Shame.

  • "Traps have collision".

    What's there not to understand? That is literally the answer to your question. Both the Trap and the Phantasm have collision, it's intended.
  • @DocOctober said:
    "Traps have collision".

    What's there not to understand? That is literally the answer to your question. Both the Trap and the Phantasm have collision, it's intended.

    I am not asking if it is intentional that they have collision, I was asking if it is intentional to block paths with it.
    Or, to use your nice words "What's there not to understand? "....

    Really, I was just asking, not complaining.

  • It's probably intentional, though being able to block the access to one of the map's generators seems a little much to me.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:
    I always thought this add-on just made the Phantasms have collision and not the trap itself.

    Nope, everything has collision. Which makes it hilarious.

    I never knew this. Does Hag herself still have collision with the traps?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    @DocOctober said:
    "Traps have collision".

    What's there not to understand? That is literally the answer to your question. Both the Trap and the Phantasm have collision, it's intended.

    I am not asking if it is intentional that they have collision, I was asking if it is intentional to block paths with it.
    Or, to use your nice words "What's there not to understand? "....

    Really, I was just asking, not complaining.

    My reply stays the same: what's there not to understand? Collision acts as an obstacle so of course it'll block paths.

  • @ad19970 said:
    It's probably intentional, though being able to block the access to one of the map's generators seems a little much to me.

    So what?

    It's not like every game has a Hag with that Add-on and a Gen that is located in an area that can be blocked off.

  • @PolarBear said:

    @Shad03 said:

    @MojoTheFabulous said:
    I always thought this add-on just made the Phantasms have collision and not the trap itself.

    Nope, everything has collision. Which makes it hilarious.

    I never knew this. Does Hag herself still have collision with the traps?

    Yup, be pretty bad if she didn't.

  • Its not recognized as a exploit by the devs and is working as intended. So yes, its legal. No you cant be banned for it. Survivors can still burn the symbol with a flashlight ... or just trip the trap and hide. Since it can be conuterplayed, it is not considered broken, just frustrating. When hag is running this add on she is at a huge disadvantage anyway. It trades the ability to teleport, to being able to block and stall. The devs have also commented in the past that the like to see how players use powers and perks in creative ways. If they consider it too abusive they will change it. This has been around on hag for a while, so again you can guess its working as intended.

  • QUESTION TO OP:

    What's the point of using this addon if not for blocking paths ???
  • Holy ######### I have got to start a basement build with Scarred hand LOL. Imagine that on The game.

  • @Poweas said:
    Holy ######### I have got to start a basement build with Scarred hand LOL. Imagine that on The game.

    Scarred hand and waterlogged shoe hag games are surprisingly fun. Costly though...

  • @PolarBear said:

    @Poweas said:
    Holy ######### I have got to start a basement build with Scarred hand LOL. Imagine that on The game.

    Scarred hand and waterlogged shoe hag games are surprisingly fun. Costly though...

    Tbh any of her addons are fun. But a basement Hag build would be so overpowered lol. The second they go there, you'll know they're there.

  • Imaging having ruin or dh and you just drop it In your totems and paths to them with really long life add-ons