Do survivors expect something from killers?

I've been having more than a few games where survivors getting upset because I wasn't nice? I've mostly seen this with Pig. I get it, boop the snoot, friendly pig and its funny. Once. Now I just want to play the game and the killer normally. I don't even tunnel or slug.

Comments

  • I mean is it ok for a survivor to want to interact with you in a cute, comical way and not want to die?

  • @dbd900bach said:

    I've been having more than a few games where survivors getting upset because I wasn't nice? I've mostly seen this with Pig. I get it, boop the snoot, friendly pig and its funny. Once. Now I just want to play the game and the killer normally. I don't even tunnel or slug.

    Both sides do this killers cry about losing and so do survivors.

  • oh god no whenever I play pig I never indulge in the cringe in game meme

  • Everytime I play Pig the survivors rush gens and pre-run to safe loops regardless if they see me or not. I've not once experienced the boop the snoot thing.

  • @ChaosWam said:

    Everytime I play Pig the survivors rush gens and pre-run to safe loops regardless if they see me or not. I've not once experienced the boop the snoot thing.

    In over 3 years of playing, I tried to boop the snoot *once* and it did not go well. So I never tried again. Every time I've booped it's because Piggy herself has requested it before I leave.

  • I dunno - never really had issues with sore survivors when killing. Guess long as you're not a dick it's fine - your slate is clean.

    That said - I am a sucker for getting my snoot booped as pig... *sigh*

  • Anytime survivors try to be friendly I almost always just kill them and go next. You don’t have to throw your game because they want to have fun lol.

  • Any survivor booping a Pig's Snoot should know it's a gamble. Maybe it saves your life, maybe it kills you... those are the dice you're rolling.

    If you don't have those players that take a boop as a murder switch, the value of a boop no longer exists, and means nothing. So continue murdering in peace friend 😁


    P.s. if you're really tired of it, you could always get the black leather Pig jacket, universal Pig symbol of "Boop me and die".

  • It's all "espectations vs. reality", whereby some players have watched too many YouTube videos to the point where they now feel every killer or survivor has to be a certain way.

    In the end, if a killer wants to play along then it's down to them. However, it's not that killer's responsibility to have to do this. If a survivor wishes to do this then that's fine, but they have to be able to take the consequences should the killer not wish to play along.

  • Survivors respect works a bit like this:

    You tunnel, camp, have 4 slowdowns, play Nurse/Blight/Spirit/Skull Merchant = 0 out of 5 respect points

    You play normally, don't camp or tunnel, play less strong or not hated killers = 1 - 3 out of 5 respect points depending on toxicity of them.

    You play for memes ( Jumpscare Myers, Friendly Pig etc.) = 3 - 5 out of 5 respect points again depending on how toxic they are.


    But most survivors, especially solo q, are glad when you don't tunnel at 5 gens with 4 slowdown Nurse.