Moonrise/(Nightmare?) Lunar Event 2019
From the information that has been leaked, it looks like this event may even be worse than the Hallowed Blight event. When is BHVR going to realize that survivors need cooperative events; otherwise, greed takes over and no one wins. I’ll definitely be playing Killer only for the entire event, though the gen rushing is not at all going to be fun.
UPDATE:
After reading the text for the description of the event a few more times, I'm going to make a couple assumptions:
- The survivors are working together to create a pool of Lunar Vessels, and
- Only those who live will get Golden Coins, 1 for each Lunar Vessel collected.
For those who know nothing about what has been leaked, the Lunar Vessels become corrupted for a short time and return to their spawn points every time a survivor is hooked. While they are corrupted, the killer can destroy them, and receive 1 Golden Coin for each Lunar Vessel destroyed. Survivors only get Golden Coins for the Lunar Vessels that they escape with. If you die, you get nothing. If it's a long match where the killer hooks everyone several times, it is very likely that the killer will have destroyed all of the Lunar Vessels, thus he will get all of Golden Coins.
If this is how it is actually going to work, then this will make for a fun event after all. Survivors who act stupidly, will not get anything. Those who play well, will be rewarded. Only the Lunar Vessels that are obtained after the last person is hooked will matter. Collecting Lunar Vessels early on will most likely be a waste of time, as the next hook will return those Lunar Vessels back to their spawn point.
Comments
And whg are you complaining about an event we know nothing about?
Well the game is about teamwork, just with no communications. Now I think about it, seems like it'd be more based on faith rather than teamwork :thinking:
Anyway, I don't see a problem, since it's only an event it will pass regardless of how good or bad it is. Atop that Halloween event was great! For killers... No gens being done and nobody looking for heals, twas a good time.
• Survive Together… Or Not - Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?
Taken from the store page of the game.
Do you have a link for the source?
Not really...I'm assuming that all survivors will be rewarded when someone collects, and only the killer is rewarded when he destroys. Instead of pitting survivors against eachother, it pits the team against the killer.
It's why there is no voice chat, and so many potential perks run that share info.
Mathieu: It is an asymmetrical multiplayer game where you can live in the world of these 70s and 80s horror movies. It’s anti-social multiplayer where survivors have to collaborate and cooperate up to a certain point. The old saying is that you don’t need to be fast than the killer, you just need to be faster than your friends. Whereas the people playing as the killer, they just need to straight up murder everyone
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/dead-by-daylight/interviews/dead-by-daylight-twitchcon-2018-interview-1000013188#S4qRbkyFtyQ0IJAF.99
I look forward to seeing how things go. Might get into some holiday spirit, and let people escape... provided I get my objectives done.
From Reading what Not_Queen wrote and the leaked description over there on Reddit, it seems to me, that the survivors get the coins altogether.
I loved the hallowed blight event.
We get a fun objective... cool cosmetics (9 free ones) and I'm excited for it. Stop crying.
The forum post makes it look like both sides will have a side objective (gather or destroy vessels). So sure the first few minutes might be ignoring objectives, but it will be both sides doing that. Once those are done I assume killer and survivor will just play as normal.
I like that they've taken feedback and look to be making changes to events so it's a bit more even. Just decorated gens/hooks was kind of boring, and the blight was a good step but having a separate objective for survivors but just hooks for killer made for long killer wait times since that was the easier choice (no competition for serum, earn vials just doing what you would do anyways).
Separate objectives for both killer and survivor sounds more fun, it's something different that makes it feel like an event vs just skins on normal objectives.
Let me see the cosmetics and I might consider participating.
Doesn't really matter too me as long as the result of participating is nice to look at.
The event cosmetics are for Ace, Min and Huntress.
If you want to see the full body instead of individual pieces.
https://m.imgur.com/a/MatCX8y
Since I read the new posts I always expect some complaints and the event is not good, and the dev must do more events, nothing is ever good for people. So I'm the only one who gets excited about every event, it's not perfect, but you have fun anyway, and there are not only events in a game, it's not the only goal that this game has. Skins do not give you any advantages, so no one is forced to earn them.
Ok, they look decent.
Butnif they're for ace, min, and huntress, what's with the pictures of the spirit, nurse, and doctor?
Also nice seeing the Doc, and Nurse hitting it off. Lol
I thought that was Wraith.
If that's coming for wraith, I'm sure wraith players will be thrilled. It's a far cry from his usual clothes and he might be getting pants!
A decent pair of pants!
Kinda stoked to see more of Nurse's face.
After reading the text for the description of the event a few more times, I'm going to make a couple assumptions:
For those who know nothing about what has been leaked, the Lunar Vessels become corrupted for a short time and return to their spawn points every time a survivor is hooked. While they are corrupted, the killer can destroy them, and receive 1 Golden Coin for each Lunar Vessel destroyed. Survivors only get Golden Coins for the Lunar Vessels that they escape with. If you die, you get nothing. If it's a long match where the killer hooks everyone several times, it is very likely that the killer will have destroyed all of the Lunar Vessels, thus he will get all of Golden Coins.
If this is how it is actually going to work, then this will make for a fun event after all. Survivors who act stupidly, will not get anything. Those who play well, will be rewarded. Only the Lunar Vessels that are obtained after the last person is hooked will matter. Collecting Lunar Vessels early on will most likely be a waste of time, as the next hook will return those Lunar Vessels back to their spawn point.
NOTE: I added this text to the end of my original post.
I wish we could get a golden mask for Legion. My Julie would love that with her Muddy outfit, along with the modern Karambit.
We have one sexy af Joey and one cute af Susie it would be nice to show off their faces