Another Self Care Discussion

So, with the upcoming buff/nerf to SC, many people are upset and many are happy. Personally, should this go through, I'll be using self care a lot more (versus bond) since I play solo. However, that doesn't mean I like the change.

Self care will reduce healing speeds by -25% for every case. If you were to slap on Botany Knowledge, then it is not slowed at all. In fact, you have a +8% speed bonus since Botany Knowledge gives a +33% bonus. This means that not only will you heal others quicker than normal (which is exactly how Botany Knowledge is supposed to work), but that also means you heal yourself faster than somebody else can heal you assuming they aren't running Botany Knowledge without self care.

This is huge. What balanced self care before (-50% healing speed for yourself) is a thing of the past. Now there is little to no reason to not run self care if you pair it with Botany, and overall survivors will become more independent and waste less time healing, giving the killer less time to do their jobs.

I appreciate the aid for solo survivors, but I think it is too much. My vote is that it doesn't go through into the live build. What do you think?

(I'm pretty sure BK affects SC. If not........well......negate this post...)

Comments

  • Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    A lot of the perks in the game currently really aren't perks. Most of them are what they call "Pack-fillers" in Heartstone.

  • It isn't actually 8% faster. The speed is counted from the 75% speed(0.75x1.33=0.9975) which makes healing yourself just a bit slower than being healed by an ally.

    Also this perk will become meta if the Legion changes go through because it is needed to counter him and this will give false information on the power of the perk against other killers to the devs.

  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

  • Poweas said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

    Fam I've been playing the game since Day 1 and I've played to Rank 1 Solo without any perks or items. It isn't hard to be good at this game dawg.
  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Poweas said:

    @weirdkid5 said:

    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

    Fam I've been playing the game since Day 1 and I've played to Rank 1 Solo without any perks or items. It isn't hard to be good at this game dawg.

    Not as long as the rank system is such a joke, yeah......

  • I think they should set the healing speed to 30% slower instead of 25%

  • Master said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Poweas said:

    @weirdkid5 said:

    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

    Fam I've been playing the game since Day 1 and I've played to Rank 1 Solo without any perks or items. It isn't hard to be good at this game dawg.

    Not as long as the rank system is such a joke, yeah......

    Point is, regardless of the ranking system, this game provides more than enough for Survivors to exceed with no perks at all.
  • @weirdkid5 said:
    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    SWF dosent need more tool but you mistake solo survivors does need more tools and right now its going the right way

  • weirdkid5 said:
    Poweas said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

    Fam I've been playing the game since Day 1 and I've played to Rank 1 Solo without any perks or items. It isn't hard to be good at this game dawg.
    You probably play on console but the old rank system required skills so stop lying you couldn’t get to rank 1 without perks. 
  • @ForeheadSurviors said:

    You probably play on console but the old rank system required skills so stop lying you couldn’t get to rank 1 without perks. 

    I am not gonna get into arguments but I really tried perkless survivor to reach rank 1 and get more than 20k points. It is possible, just not fun. Perks bring variety to the game and make it more fun but you don't necessarily require them to be good. Looping and gen rushing is all you need to be a good survivor.

  • I'm not against this, but still those are 2 perk slots used up that could easily be replaced

  • Just make BK only half as effective when SC is being used as a balance change.
  • This change will make it even more efficient to heal yourself than have someone else heal you. If they want to do anything like this, they need to either make the penalty much greater, or they need a separate, lesser penalty for healing others. Plus, this change would harm those that aren't running self care since their only way of healing is 25% slower, and they'd be much better off if they just brought the perk so they can heal themselves for the same speed. Solo survivors would need to run self care even more than they do now so you don't have to rely on the slower healing from others. They might not even heal you since they might assume you can do it yourself and don't want to waste time.

  • @ForeheadSurviors said:
    weirdkid5 said:


    Poweas said:

    @weirdkid5 said:

    Solo players don't need more tools than they already have. With the myriad of perks in the game, one would think buffing the less popular perks would be better rather than buffing the perk that is already most picked.

    Solo survivor doesn't need more tools? They have no chance against an ideal killer (Billy, Hag and Spirit. The rest are weak or OP).

    Play solo survivor and play SWF and see the difference, sunshine.

    Fam I've been playing the game since Day 1 and I've played to Rank 1 Solo without any perks or items. It isn't hard to be good at this game dawg.

    You probably play on console but the old rank system required skills so stop lying you couldn’t get to rank 1 without perks. 

    Lol check my Steam bro, I had Legacy 3 (but I lost my save file) so nice try, I can link you to my steam profile.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813730032

    And old system took no skill at all. All you needed to do was get 20k bloodpoints. That was ######### easy dude. You clearly didn't play with the old system.