How will the Mangled nerf affect Gift of Pain?
If it does get hit with the nerf bat, will it still be worth running? There's only 4 hooks that can give you sloppy.
If it does get hit with the nerf bat, will it still be worth running? There's only 4 hooks that can give you sloppy.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't think the mangled change will do much for Gift of Pain as most people previously healed under the hook and the mangled was gone. But I think GoP's value is more about the slow down survivors get after a full heal.
Someone said before that they also reduced the repair penalty to 9%. Was this just a visual bug or did they actually nerf it?
Visual bug.
I still think the repair bonus should be bumped up to 20% to compensate for the Mangled nerf. Either that or give back the permanent Mangled-until-healed.
GoP is the one perk that needed the permanent Mangled-until-healed because it required a scourge hook to actually activate, the Mangled nerf didn't need consistency for GoP and it's entirely possible to have other perks or add-ons display either a permanent status effect or a timed one, proven with Myers/GF Exposed not displaying a timer on the status effect (with other Exposed perks/add-ons having it times) and Batteries Included having permanent Haste next to a complete generator.
I'd suggest they make the repair penalty kick in when the Mangled effect goes away. It'd be a neat little buff for it.
Imo with Mangled being nerfed / running out, there's no real reason to hook a person a second time on a scourge hook with GoP anymore. So I feel the repair speed debuff should be applied on first and second hook to compensate for that. It would still be much inferior to PainRes anyway.
It's not just a visual bug, I just tried this and it took me 99 seconds to do a gen solo. That's 9% penalty. If it was 16% it should've taken about 107 seconds.
I don't know if it's intentional or not though.
Gift of Pain was very bad before and is still very bad. Not worth running.
File a bug report, there's nothing about it in the patch notes.
Yeah I did. I think the patch notes got updated to mention it as a known issue too, pretty sure it wasn't there when I read them earlier but it is now.
With Gift of Pain yes this is a known issue - the number should be 16% at T3 not 9%. Our team is aware and a fix is anticipated for the next update.
Thanks for the update on this!
Can you go ahead and bump that up to 20% while your at it? Perk doesn't see play for a reason.