Move forward With Self Care Change

It’s not that big of a change. Solo’s need this bad, like the SWF gap is starting to finally get thinner even if it’s just by a few seconds. It somewhat makes up for playing with potato teammates as well.

Comments

  • I don't understand why people keep using this stupid SWF vs Solo excuse when the buff greatly improves SWF efficiency as well.
  • I honestly don't understand this ruckus. It is not game changing or anything but it filled the entire forum with posts and threads.

    Devs are too hesitant to go with the changes because they don't want to offend anybody. I think they should go with the change and if affects the survival rates too badly, they can always revert it back.

  • I'm a killer main, and I'm totally fine with the change. It doesn't bother me. I play solo survivor, I see it from both sides.

    It's fine. Not that big of a change. Go forward with it.

    We FINALLY have a killer that is feared greatly. The Legion as is in the PTB is possibly the best killer in the game now.

  • @Delfador said:
    I honestly don't understand this ruckus. It is not game changing or anything but it filled the entire forum with posts and threads.

    Devs are too hesitant to go with the changes because they don't want to offend anybody. I think they should go with the change and if affects the survival rates too badly, they can always revert it back.

    You go from 33 sec heal time to 21.4 sec just to see the difference before 2.3.0 the healing time with SC was 25,5 sec.

  • The problem is that it makes healing each other useless if your entire team runs self care. In fact self care would buy survivors so much time and allow to progress much faster pretty much any survivor would have to use this perk. In the end it will only punish those players who don't have self care unlocked yet.

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    @Delfador said:
    I honestly don't understand this ruckus. It is not game changing or anything but it filled the entire forum with posts and threads.

    Devs are too hesitant to go with the changes because they don't want to offend anybody. I think they should go with the change and if affects the survival rates too badly, they can always revert it back.

    You go from 33 sec heal time to 21.4 sec just to see the difference before 2.3.0 the healing time with SC was 25,5 sec.

    It's actually from 32 seconds to 24 seconds.

  • @Severus_Swiggleton said:
    I think it's clear that SC is not only here to stay but destined to be the defining meta perk of survivor gameplay. I think people just need to accept that and move on.

    Right and that is fine, because they are also adding other perks that are strong, which can change things up.

    I don't run self care on every survivor, but I do have a couple I use it on.

  • Considering both killers and survivors have perks that are basically useless, why aren't they buffing those rather than a perk I see every game without fail... I think the change will be for the worse from both perspectives tbh.

  • "Solo's need this bad"

    Despite the fact I played up to Rank 1 with no perks whatsoever solo. Survivors don't need their hand held anymore.

  • I am a survivor main and I hate this change.
    I would prefer letting myself get healed by others instead of being a local healthstation.

  • weirdkid5 said:

    "Solo's need this bad"

    Despite the fact I played up to Rank 1 with no perks whatsoever solo. Survivors don't need their hand held anymore.

    Just cause you can get to Rank 1 without perks doesn’t mean everyone else has to. Do you realize how long it already takes to heal especially when killers use Sloppy and Than?? I can get to Rank 1 without perks on killer and survivor too but I’m not over here making it a point for no reason.
  • @Tzeentchling9 said:
    I don't understand why people keep using this stupid SWF vs Solo excuse when the buff greatly improves SWF efficiency as well.

    It actually screwes over solo survivors who don't use it, since they'll probably (considering how many use SC) be healed slower regardless. I'd hate to feel SC being mandatory.

  • The problem I have with this self-care adjustment is the fact that it can stack with botany knowledge which allows you to heal at completely full speed and at tier 3, faster than a medkit on both yourself and others allowing for some very speedy self-cares. I would not be as terribly opposed to the change to self-care if they addressed the values botany knowledge would add onto it.

  • White_Owl said:

    @Tzeentchling9 said:
    I don't understand why people keep using this stupid SWF vs Solo excuse when the buff greatly improves SWF efficiency as well.

    It actually screwes over solo survivors who don't use it, since they'll probably (considering how many use SC) be healed slower regardless. I'd hate to feel SC being mandatory.

    Indeed. It makes Self Care mandatory when there are actually a lot of other options too. When I P3ed Bill, it actually took me ages to get SC again. I used Botany and Pharmacy instead and it greatly improved my gameplay imo. Taking hits actually mattered, but between Botany's efficiency and the inbuilt efficiency of the green medkit, you actually get two full heals out of it.

    Sure, there were some games where the Killer had Franklin's or the match dragged on so long I needed more than 2 self heals, but overall it was vast improvement in gameplay experience. A whole lot less of, "Well, I got hit, time to go hold M1."
  • The problem I have with this self-care adjustment is the fact that it can stack with botany knowledge which allows you to heal at completely full speed and at tier 3, faster than a medkit on both yourself and others allowing for some very speedy self-cares. I would not be as terribly opposed to the change to self-care if they addressed the values botany knowledge would add onto it.

    If it can heal at 24 seconds after the buff then there’s no reason to need Botany Knowledge you can actually use another perk instead of having to run 2 perks. I constantly run SC and BK cause it takes so long to heal as it is now
  • Honestly the perk only needs to affect how OTHER players heal you. Keep the current healing speed penalty for useing self care and add on a -25% for people healing you. This way players without the perk are not affected by it.
  • Honestly the perk only needs to affect how OTHER players heal you. Keep the current healing speed penalty for useing self care and add on a -25% for people healing you. This way players without the perk are not affected by it.
    All your asking for is more of a nerf on top of the how slow it currently is already, instead of 16 seconds for someone to heal you, you’re asking for 20 seconds and the same slow speed it’s currently at.