Maybe it's time for you to take a pause and come back a few months down the line. Online games have a habit of getting very frustrating at times when you perceive everything as being unfair or imbalanced, especially if you're playing the same game for 1-2 years.
Haven't played for about 3 months cause everything started feeling kinda stale and I'm enjoying playing again on both sides. I'll probably take a break again in a few months once I get bored and jump onto something else until I get bored of that also.
Maybe it's time for you to take a pause and come back a few months down the line. Online games have a habit of getting very frustrating at times when you perceive everything as being unfair or imbalanced, especially if you're playing the same game for 1-2 years.
Haven't played for about 3 months cause everything started feeling kinda stale and I'm enjoying playing again on both sides. I'll probably take a break again in a few months once I get bored and jump onto something else until I get bored of that also.
Me taking a break isn’t gonna change the environment for those who will still play outside my absence lol I could very well just stop playing DBD, it’s not gonna change the fact that there are still issues in the gameplay. It just needs to be addressed and time taken to work on it.
Survivor is hard-core mode now, I'd suggest switching sides.
You get to enjoy dbd gameplay and show bhvr killer is a better pick rn. They will have to adjust survivor otherwise there will be 30min q times as killer.
The balancing philosophy of BHVR is a 60% kill rate. They want killers to be the power role. So in that sense, the game is pretty balanced.
What you described however sounds more like you should follow @Lost_Boy's advice and take a break. Because it seems like you cannot get any enjoyment out of it at the moment. Many long time players have done it. I regularly go a few days or sometimes weeks without playing DBD. When you come back, you'll find that the game is far more fun again.
Hitboxes haven't been touched in a while, so that part is probably induced by latency. On your screen it may look like the killer looks in a different direction or you're already way past a window but from the killer's perspective it looks like you are right in front of them. And since the killer can only play around what they actually see on their screen, it makes sense that latency favors them. We had a time when BHVR tried to turn this in the survivor's favor and it led to survivor queue times sky rocketing (20+ minutes at times) because nobody wanted to play killer and constantly feel robbed. The game gave you the feedback that you had hit a survivor but they were still healthy.
Pallets also weren't touched over the last years. So that is likely latency again. Or maybe your keyboard or controller has an issue? It's definitely not something the devs have changed.
The perks you listed were highly problematic. Boil Over was so strong that the only way to avoid it was slugging when survivors went down in specific spots. That wasn't exactly fun to play against. DH was by far the most controversial perk in existence and it's good that it was nerfed. It was highly overused (75% pick rate in high MMR), way overpowered and worse it was guaranteed to give you value. It was so bad, that killers would wait out DH on every survivor even when they didn't have it because the risk was too high. That can never happen again. DH deserves its downfall. MfT bridged 20% of the speed difference between killers and survivors. That was too much. Even just the numbers alone were enough to know that this would be unfair. And unfair it was. There was pretty much no way to outplay any of the safer tiles in the game without a strong chase power. Adrenaline has 2 issues.
1) It incentivises slugging since a slugged survivor is only healed to injured and a hooked survivor is healed to healthy.
2) It wakes you up against Freddy, which leaves him with literally no power.
There are still plenty strong survivor perks. Like SB, Lithe, WoO, Deja Vu, Resilience, Unbreakable, OTR, Bond, Resilience and Hope to name a few of them.
Tunneling is an issue on its own. One that isn't exactly easy to fix. DS will receive a buff, so that could improve this situation a bit. Although it will probably take more than that to stop excessive tunneling.
Anyway, I suggest you take a break too. Just for a few days or a week. Come back when you really feel like playing DBD again and your matches will be a lot more enjoyable.
I know anyone who reads my post is going to have different opinions and comments. This is just my personal take on my experiences playing this game.
In the last 2 years I’ve spent about 2000 hours and over $200 in this game. (which I know is a lot of time, but to be fair some people have more hours than myself ) I absolutely love dead by daylight. The characters, the fun costumes, even meeting others to play with and just fool around.
However, within the past 6 months I’ve just seen such a rapid decline. From perks that just look like they were thrown together, Nerfs and buffs. I no longer enjoy my time playing, so I just play less and less. I haven’t been playing as long as other members , but I’ve noticed there is such a constant stream of change happening in DBD. I’ve heard that when DBD first started , it was quite survivor sided, which was unfair . I just don’t seem to get why behavior thinks it can make up for it by suddenly buffing all these killers perks and add ons.Meanwhile, nerfing basic survivor perks to the point where no one wants to use them anymore.
With all the changes I’ve seen and experienced , all it’s doing is creating such an unbearable environment for a game I love 😭 In these last few months, dropping pallets is delayed, (to the point where I’m spamming R1 and it won’t drop lol) being well over a window and pallet but still getting smacked , hit boxes changing to where I can’t even spin a killer or some outrageous hit gets me. Not only that but wiggling out , hitting great skill checks don’t even do anything !! I can no longer tap a gen to hopefully help my teammates, I can’t even slow vault a window anymore to avoid entity blocking during a chase.
When it comes to perks I can’t have my MFT, Boil over, dead hard, Adrenaline , any decent perk has been ruined , when its counters only get stronger . I can get carried halfway across a map with agitation and iron grasp, No-Ed countering adrenaline , MFT being forced into deep wound ( it’s not that easy to get into it. Without a help of a perk or depending on the killer). Even Built to last needed to be nerfed!? 😭 like let’s be fr .
You don’t fix years of imbalance like this. If you’re gonna finally be nice to killers with all their cool new add ons and abilities , let survivors have a chance too so they can actually get through a match?? My recent gameplay experience is Tunnel after tunnel, only being able to complete one gen , Id day 50% of the time. It’s becoming an absolutely horrible experience, even being able to play with a SWF.
Behavior, Devs, I know you have so many people screaming and yelling constantly about this and that . Running such a large game like DBD is no easy task. It’s just very different gameplay compared to when I first started this game. If you aren’t gonna change the perks for the better, at least let me smack a pallet down on someone’s head when I click the button. Because you guys happily take everyone’s money 💰 but don’t fix what needs to be fixed. I no longer want to fund something that won’t even bring me joy anymore.
maybe once the money gets effected , maybe you’ll realize the unpleasantness of it all. Let’s see if survivors can rally together the same way these killers do 👊
“I’m upset because I didn’t get to keep my broken perks”
'I look down on others because I have to play a game where I'm guaranteed a 60% win rate to soothe my ego'
If you think anything is guaranteed in this game, you haven’t played long enough. And I’ll be frank, I 100% look down on passive aggressive posts like OP’s. The person is essentially trying to mask their rage from losing into something that seems reasonable. I would respect them more if they just said they preferred having broken perks.
If you think anything is guaranteed in this game, you haven’t played long enough. And I’ll be frank, I 100% look down on passive aggressive posts like OP’s. The person is essentially trying to mask their rage from losing into something that seems reasonable. I would respect them more if they just said they preferred having broken perks.
Kind of how you did with your original post huh.... Imagine that the pot calling the kettle black.
If you think anything is guaranteed in this game, you haven’t played long enough. And I’ll be frank, I 100% look down on passive aggressive posts like OP’s. The person is essentially trying to mask their rage from losing into something that seems reasonable. I would respect them more if they just said they preferred having broken perks.
I’ve been playing this game since 2018 and have close to 5000 hours total. I recently returned after break, and man has the fun been sucked out.
It doesn’t matter if your chases are short. Unless you pick a section of the map to defend right at the beginning, you are going to lose if they decide to do the gens. Then there’s the killers. I tried xeno for the first time and it was an awful experience. A large chunk of its power is controlled by survivors and the tail requires pinpoint precision, meanwhile survivors get to plop down a turret whenever they feel like it. On top of that, a huge amount of loops don’t even let you use the power because they are too high.
This game’s problem is the same that it has always been: survivors have too many resources and second chances, on top of chained tiles and safe pallets. I legitimately don’t understand how anyone says that killer is easy. It was significantly easier when I started playing because even though survivors had major dirt, killer stuff could at least come close to matching it. Now every killer has been neutered to oblivion in the name of survivor fun.
This game needs to be balanced as a 1v4. Individual survivors hold far too much power for most killers to handle. It feels damn near impossible to win with certain killers and rng spawns.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maybe it's time for you to take a pause and come back a few months down the line. Online games have a habit of getting very frustrating at times when you perceive everything as being unfair or imbalanced, especially if you're playing the same game for 1-2 years.
Haven't played for about 3 months cause everything started feeling kinda stale and I'm enjoying playing again on both sides. I'll probably take a break again in a few months once I get bored and jump onto something else until I get bored of that also.
Me taking a break isn’t gonna change the environment for those who will still play outside my absence lol I could very well just stop playing DBD, it’s not gonna change the fact that there are still issues in the gameplay. It just needs to be addressed and time taken to work on it.
Survivor is hard-core mode now, I'd suggest switching sides.
You get to enjoy dbd gameplay and show bhvr killer is a better pick rn. They will have to adjust survivor otherwise there will be 30min q times as killer.
The balancing philosophy of BHVR is a 60% kill rate. They want killers to be the power role. So in that sense, the game is pretty balanced.
What you described however sounds more like you should follow @Lost_Boy's advice and take a break. Because it seems like you cannot get any enjoyment out of it at the moment. Many long time players have done it. I regularly go a few days or sometimes weeks without playing DBD. When you come back, you'll find that the game is far more fun again.
Hitboxes haven't been touched in a while, so that part is probably induced by latency. On your screen it may look like the killer looks in a different direction or you're already way past a window but from the killer's perspective it looks like you are right in front of them. And since the killer can only play around what they actually see on their screen, it makes sense that latency favors them. We had a time when BHVR tried to turn this in the survivor's favor and it led to survivor queue times sky rocketing (20+ minutes at times) because nobody wanted to play killer and constantly feel robbed. The game gave you the feedback that you had hit a survivor but they were still healthy.
Pallets also weren't touched over the last years. So that is likely latency again. Or maybe your keyboard or controller has an issue? It's definitely not something the devs have changed.
The perks you listed were highly problematic. Boil Over was so strong that the only way to avoid it was slugging when survivors went down in specific spots. That wasn't exactly fun to play against. DH was by far the most controversial perk in existence and it's good that it was nerfed. It was highly overused (75% pick rate in high MMR), way overpowered and worse it was guaranteed to give you value. It was so bad, that killers would wait out DH on every survivor even when they didn't have it because the risk was too high. That can never happen again. DH deserves its downfall. MfT bridged 20% of the speed difference between killers and survivors. That was too much. Even just the numbers alone were enough to know that this would be unfair. And unfair it was. There was pretty much no way to outplay any of the safer tiles in the game without a strong chase power. Adrenaline has 2 issues.
1) It incentivises slugging since a slugged survivor is only healed to injured and a hooked survivor is healed to healthy.
2) It wakes you up against Freddy, which leaves him with literally no power.
There are still plenty strong survivor perks. Like SB, Lithe, WoO, Deja Vu, Resilience, Unbreakable, OTR, Bond, Resilience and Hope to name a few of them.
Tunneling is an issue on its own. One that isn't exactly easy to fix. DS will receive a buff, so that could improve this situation a bit. Although it will probably take more than that to stop excessive tunneling.
Anyway, I suggest you take a break too. Just for a few days or a week. Come back when you really feel like playing DBD again and your matches will be a lot more enjoyable.
First time?
Game is forever changing and will change in ways you will not enjoy.
Two years ago there was someone just like you saying the same thing. That was their low point but your starting point and standard of enjoyment.
Taking a break won't change much.
Just need to accept the vision you have for the game isn't the vision the devs and community at large have for it.
I'm slowly coping with this truth myself and haven't been playing much.
“I’m upset because I didn’t get to keep my broken perks”
When crying about survivor perks they changed it, when I do it it’s a problem
'I look down on others because I have to play a game where I'm guaranteed a 60% win rate to soothe my ego'
You're right. No killer perk, addon, nor power has ever been changed due to negative feedback from the survivor community.
TBH I just wish the game's community could have conversations without resorting to unsubstantiated hyperbole.
If you think anything is guaranteed in this game, you haven’t played long enough. And I’ll be frank, I 100% look down on passive aggressive posts like OP’s. The person is essentially trying to mask their rage from losing into something that seems reasonable. I would respect them more if they just said they preferred having broken perks.
Kind of how you did with your original post huh.... Imagine that the pot calling the kettle black.
Like this one here?
Nope, I simply stated the actual thing they were saying instead of the BS word salad of the post.