Surveillance is now the defacto tracking perk!

Surveillance: All generators start under the effects of Surveillance at the start of the match. Increased repair hearing distance by 8 meters. Regressing generators will be highlighted by a white aura. Once regression stops, generators will be highlighted by a yellow aura for 8/12/16 second

Wow. Just.....wow. This perk is straight up amazing now!
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I already mentioned it but it may become truly disgusting with a good Freddy since he knows which awake survivor works on what gen. 
  • I already mentioned it but it may become truly disgusting with a good Freddy since he knows which awake survivor works on what gen. 
    With this perk, Freddy might not even need a rework anymore
  • I know can't wait to use it. Finally

  • Imagine Billy. 
    And Nurse
  • Finally this perk is usefull!
    ...Can we buff Boil Over now xd/

  • The perk finally seems cool but honestly, all the perks out there, I don't think that this perk will shake the meta.

    Billy has strong combos like BBQ, ruin, enduring and spirit fury. Which one will he stop using?

    I think this is one of the most problematic thing in today's gaming industry. There are good strong choices but those good strong choices can't beat the best strongest ones.

    Still fun to use though.

  • About the only real downside to this perk is that it completely outclasses Discordance.

  • It does sound awesome, but I wouldn't sell short the amount of time it would take to kick all the generators. I think the hearing part is going to be great, personally. You can shave off so much time by not patrolling as close.
  • Sandt21 said:
    I already mentioned it but it may become truly disgusting with a good Freddy since he knows which awake survivor works on what gen. 
    With this perk, Freddy might not even need a rework anymore
    Freddy still has quite a few factors that make him frustrating on both sides that should be adressed tbh. 

    Yes its a great perk for him but that won't change the main issues,  in fact the perk helps him abuse the annoying aspects of him even further to his benefit.

    He still needs that rework.
  • @Peanits said:
    It does sound awesome, but I wouldn't sell short the amount of time it would take to kick all the generators. I think the hearing part is going to be great, personally. You can shave off so much time by not patrolling as close.

    I agree. +8 meters is huge and can be very useful for sneaky killers. I'd say it fits Amanda quite well, since she's not so fast while crouching.

  • @Dreamnomad said:
    About the only real downside to this perk is that it completely outclasses Discordance.

    I wouldn't say that. You have to kick generators to get use of the perk, and Discordance also helps letting you know if you need to keep an eye out for multiple survivors or not if you find a survivor on a gen.

  • White_Owl said:

    @Peanits said:
    It does sound awesome, but I wouldn't sell short the amount of time it would take to kick all the generators. I think the hearing part is going to be great, personally. You can shave off so much time by not patrolling as close.

    I agree. +8 meters is huge and can be very useful for sneaky killers. I'd say it fits Amanda quite well, since she's not so fast while crouching.

    That's what I was looking at because this perk is supposed to be especially good for her
  • @ad19970 said:

    @Dreamnomad said:
    About the only real downside to this perk is that it completely outclasses Discordance.

    I wouldn't say that. You have to kick generators to get use of the perk, and Discordance also helps letting you know if you need to keep an eye out for multiple survivors or not if you find a survivor on a gen.

    Maybe you missed the part where all generators start the game with surveillance in effect. That alone makes Surveillance infinitely better than Discordance.

  • @Milo said:
    Finally this perk is usefull!
    ...Can we buff Boil Over now xd/

    YES PLEASE

  • @ad19970 said:

    @Dreamnomad said:
    About the only real downside to this perk is that it completely outclasses Discordance.

    I wouldn't say that. You have to kick generators to get use of the perk, and Discordance also helps letting you know if you need to keep an eye out for multiple survivors or not if you find a survivor on a gen.

    Maybe you missed the part where all generators start the game with surveillance in effect. That alone makes Surveillance infinitely better than Discordance.

    Dev clarified that that was just people misunderstanding that line in the patch notes.  It simply means that there is no limit to how many gens can simultaneously be affected by Surveillance (compared to how the limit is 3 in the current live version).
  • Imagine this build: Surveillance, Ruin, Discordance, and either Overcharge or Pop Goes the Weasel.

    I call it my "Don't Touch My Gennies" build.

  • A great replacement for Whispers on my Spirit.