About Mangled

I don't understand where the issue is with mangled. It's a non problematic status effect that is now being time limited for seemingly no reason. No haemorrhage being the reason is not valid either as that is the whole point of Sloppy Butcher.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    90 seconds is fine, but I'd rather have seen it just get a percentage nerf.

    It needs to be adjusted after the healing nerfs.

    How do you nerf 4 seconds of extra healing without it being a waste of a perk slot?

  • Mangled Adds about 4 seconds of healing time(one person altruistically healing) and it adds less for group healing, and more for selfish healing, as mangled is a 15% speed penalty to healing, Altruist healing with even a brown med kit counters this with its +35%, and med kits don't have a 90 second timer. Hemorrhage is probably stronger than mangled and it still does not need a nerf, hemorrhage only gives the killer value if they Know where a healing survivor is and are close enough to reach them within 16 seconds OR they are chasing a survivor with hemorrhage. With hemorrhage it prevents survivors from healing themselves mid chase by predropping 3 or 4 pallets (except for syringe that add-on trumps all anti-healing, can be used in chase, and ALSO doesn't have a 90 second timer.)

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3654357#Comment_3654357

    Generators did not got nerfed?

    You got new anti-gen perk and it's meta: GE

    Now kicking gens is removing 5% progress.

    Gen tapping removed.

    And i never saw people were reaching 8 regression events on single gen in normal matches, except Dull Merchant. So this is just buff for killers.

    Mangled will be fine.

    Whe you ever mention about Gen. never forget to mention killers have 50sec of Gen for free

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659409#Comment_3659409

    Examples?

    Any videos?

    Any proof or are we just going to do the whole, "You must be bad" thing because if so, I've done it about 20,000 times.

    Just watch any mid+ tier videos. I'm not saying you're bad, I'm just saying if you're getting a 99% pickup rate, you're still dealing with some new survivors who aren't familiar yet with the tools available to stop pickups. Once you get more experience, you'll start getting higher tier survivors who use such tools.

    Just a quick youtube search brings this one up. They utilize a good amount of such tools.

    https://youtu.be/jxLfn-2-n2Q?si=NziGSpwjUC4tBc6H&t=28


  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3656906#Comment_3656906

    How do you nerf 4 seconds of extra healing without it being a waste of a perk slot?

    Make it only apply to altruistic heals.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3659464#Comment_3659464

    Just watch any mid+ tier videos. I'm not saying you're bad, I'm just saying if you're getting a 99% pickup rate, you're still dealing with some new survivors who aren't familiar yet with the tools available to stop pickups. Once you get more experience, you'll start getting higher tier survivors who use such tools.

    Just a quick youtube search brings this one up. They utilize a good amount of such tools.

    https://youtu.be/jxLfn-2-n2Q?si=NziGSpwjUC4tBc6H&t=28

    LOL.

    Should I bring out a Noob3 video next? Perhaps a trolling montage?


    That's ridiculous, I can't believe I fell for this.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653651#Comment_3653651

    Oh, so now nurse needs to get her justice? Ok, she'll get her justice when they massively nerf survivors as a whole again. Maybe increase gen times another 15-20 seconds.

    Obviously i'm being ridiculous on purpose and i don't think that should happen.

    But the point still stands, nurse is, per the data, one of the worst killers in the game. So now you have to reconcile this belief:

    • Do we balance the game around high level players or average players?
    • If we balance the game around average players, you'll need to explain why nurse who has nearly 10% less kill rate than the devs are balancing for needs any kind of change other than MASSIVE buffs.
    • If we balance the game around high level players, you'll have to explain why nurse and blight are the only viable killers in the game and why that is not a problem.

    Unless of course your belief is that we should only balance the game around high level KILLER players, but average level SURVIVOR players. In which case you are extremely biased. And at that point, you may as well just remove the killer role entirely and make it a bot.

    That depends on what you'd call a massive buff. They could increase her movement speed to 110 or 115, remove one blink, and maybe even reduce her blink range or blink speed by half. Just giving her the basic m1 killer speed would increase her kill rates at the lower or average levels where many people don't seem to use their powers very well anyway. The nerf to the blink I would think would reduce her kill rates at higher level but to be honest I really don't know. The normal movement speed even with only half a blink could still be deadly to someone who plays her often.

    Personally I don't care if they balance for any of it anymore. It's lost most of the fun I use to have with it. I can't stand to play more than 2 matches of survivor without wanting to dc so I've just pretty much quit playing that entirely. As killer I might feel challenged one out of every 10 matches which also isn't fun. I feel bad half the time and let people go after 2 hooking them which, thanks to MMR, makes the next match even less challenging. That one's my fault really though but I never did much enjoy the killing part. Just the chasing. With the emblems, as flawed as it was, that didn't matter much.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660612#Comment_3660612

    LOL.

    Should I bring out a Noob3 video next? Perhaps a trolling montage?

    That's ridiculous, I can't believe I fell for this.

    What are you talking about? You're literally saying that someone getting downed is a hook 99% of the time. That's only true at a beginner level where the game isn't balanced on. You asked for a video to "prove" that a down isn't a 99% guaranteed hook - I gave you one showing at least 5 different ways survivors can use game mechanics to deny hooks from a down - that wasn't even showing sabotages. Anyone can use these methods - they just need experience on how to use them. They are incredibly common at mid tier+.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    This one doesn't make sense at all. Good survivors already avoid healing as long as possible so mangled will be completely useless against them. It's also one of the few status effects that causes slow down on something other than generators.

    Yeah, now it will be just a worse version of deep wound.

    Deep wound: 8 seconds, stops you from doing anything before spending the time, lasts until you spend the 8 seconds.

    Mangled: 4 seconds, you can do any action normally while afflicted by it, lasts for 60-90 seconds, does nothing if no one starts to heal you during that time.


    I mean, I know Deep Wound is not available through killer perks for a reason, but Mangled is currently the better of the two because it lasts even for long times after a survivor has been unhooked. Now it will be useful only for hit-and-run just like Deep Wound. The only advantage it has over DW is that it affects downed survivors, so it does help when slugging, but most of its value comes from injured survivors, not downed ones, because not only slugging happens less often, Mangled also doesn't affect the recovery speed.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3660711#Comment_3660711

    What are you talking about? You're literally saying that someone getting downed is a hook 99% of the time. That's only true at a beginner level where the game isn't balanced on. You asked for a video to "prove" that a down isn't a 99% guaranteed hook - I gave you one showing at least 5 different ways survivors can use game mechanics to deny hooks from a down - that wasn't even showing sabotages. Anyone can use these methods - they just need experience on how to use them. They are incredibly common at mid tier+.

    Yes, I am saying that and I realize I'm being baited.

    Look, I love the Ayrun's and the JRM's and the Skermz type guys, they're hysterical and are good for the game. Is BP probably overtuned? Yes, probably.


    You shouldn't be losing hooks consistently unless you're a beginner playing against more experienced players.


    I'l link you a Hens or KnightLight stream and we'll see how often they lose hooks.

  • Totally unnecessary change. It just pushes people into stacking more gen slow down perks and lowers perk diversity. I’ve never really heard people complain about sloppy.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3653646#Comment_3653646

    So why Nurse is not getting her justice? Because i am sure most people would put Nurse higher tier than old medkits and self-heal.

    lmao

1 2 ›