Genuinely, what am I meant to do facing this in solo queue?

Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-27 215714.png


I just hopped on the game and got greeted by a Blight hard tunneling at five generators. How is it even possible to do anything with a 3v1 at basically four gens?

Comments

  • @NerfDHalready said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3636670#Comment_3636670

    Shirley

    ahh the first time around they tweaked mmr it was so nice, i was running my healing build and noone ever wanted any heals because they could do a gen instead, multiple times in different matches. i for the first time i think in my dbd playtime felt like the weak link of my lobbies. then it went downhill again and i started to get distortion self care teammates.

    Why is Self Care so common now!? I thought it was just me experiencing the surge.

  • Play for the hatch. Try and repair as much as you can, losing with 3 gens left is better than being whitewashed with all 5 still standing. Do that and then be the last to die, i.e find hatch or sneak out the exit when he closes hatch.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3636655#Comment_3636655

    You keep mentioning how you can outplay the blight, but why couldn't your teammates? You could infer that the blight is better than them and deserves the kills, especially since he had one out before a single gen was completed (hell, based on the screenshot it looks like there isnt a single gen past 50%)

    If you're really good at wasting the killer's time, you should be doing that from the start to buy your team as much time as you can. If they ignore you, you should get gens done while he goes for someone else. Not saying this game was winnable, but you could have certainly done more.

    This is pretty disingenuous...

    Surely no one here has to explain to you the possible scenarios which could lead to this post--none of which would objectively come back as being OP's fault. It would be foolish to assume you've never found yourself in OP's shoes in all of the hours you've played DBD. Unless, of course, you have never played Survivor.


    "Focus on generators, and leave your teammate on hook for as long as possible each stage" would have been a more genuine response, because the reality is that there is little anyone can do about the situation as a whole, but there is definitely something everyone can do to make sure they aren't making the situation worse for them and their team.

    @mikewelk no single survivor can "fix" this problem. You all need to do your part, and at least 2 of you will escape. If even one of you waivers, no one escapes

  • @deadbydbd said:

    You have to understand there's a reason why some players choose to play like that. When you play against a 4-man SWF with Commodius toolboxes, and all second chance perks, with all Adrenaline and Hope, bringing a map offering to Garden of Joy, then splitting up on the gens, then denying you your hooks with For The People Buckle Up, then being toxic in post chat and at the exit gate, you're incentivized to play like that.

    I play both roles kinda equally, I do understand. However, why should I punish others that don't do that into doing it? If I keep getting killers like that, why should I not bring busted perks? Revenge is a fools game.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3636704#Comment_3636704

    This is pretty disingenuous...

    Surely no one here has to explain to you the possible scenarios which could lead to this post--none of which would objectively come back as being OP's fault. It would be foolish to assume you've never found yourself in OP's shoes in all of the hours you've played DBD. Unless, of course, you have never played Survivor.

    "Focus on generators, and leave your teammate on hook for as long as possible each stage" would have been a more genuine response, because the reality is that there is little anyone can do about the situation as a whole, but there is definitely something everyone can do to make sure they aren't making the situation worse for them and their team.

    @mikewelk no single survivor can "fix" this problem. You all need to do your part, and at least 2 of you will escape. If even one of you waivers, no one escapes

    Yep, wish matchmaking wasn't so rough. Thanks for standing up for me, it was a really unexpected reply but, well, it happens.

  • Took me 15min just now to get into my first match of the day, and it was a full aura build Nurse tunnelling at 5 gens 🤣 I dunno if I should bother queuing up again

  • @Nazzzak said:

    Took me 15min just now to get into my first match of the day, and it was a full aura build Nurse tunnelling at 5 gens 🤣 I dunno if I should bother queuing up again

    Had a Skull Merchant recently so that's been putting me off lol

  • @deadbydbd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637012#Comment_3637012

    You can never know what kind of game you're going into until you're into it. I've had many games in the past where I'll start off playing to win, then slow down because I feel bad, and end up losing the game and being insulted in post-chat because I dared not go for the last person standing after I saw them out of the corner of my eye, and instead start hooking with three slugs.

    I just play properly, and then see what's up when everyone's on second. Saved me from what you described because looks can be deceiving when it comes to versing good survivors.

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637017#Comment_3637017

    Had a Skull Merchant recently so that's been putting me off lol

    Just had a Bubba with Iron Grasp, Agitation, and Insidious proxy camping Lerys (centre) basement and could reach it from most of the map. I'm done for the day lol

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0NXKUYHZFLFJ/zrzut-ekranu-2024-01-27-215714.png

    I just hopped on the game and got greeted by a Blight hard tunneling at five generators. How is it even possible to do anything with a 3v1 at basically four gens?

    blight is an s-tier tunneling killer. your team is not efficient at doing generators. an efficient team should be at minimum 3 gens completed assuming the looper who is getting tunneled is any good at looping.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/403629/genuinely-what-am-i-meant-to-do-facing-this-in-solo-queue

    blight is an s-tier tunneling killer. your team is not efficient at doing generators. an efficient team should be at minimum 3 gens completed assuming the looper who is getting tunneled is any good at looping.

    Thanks for explaining the obvious. That's the problem, MMR doesn't provide me with someone that can three gen chase against a tunneling Blight even with all that pressure considering they are an S tier killer. A three gen chase against a Pig is a rare sight in my lobbies. Three gen chases in general aren't normal lol.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637018#Comment_3637018

    Just had a Bubba with Iron Grasp, Agitation, and Insidious proxy camping Lerys (centre) basement and could reach it from most of the map. I'm done for the day lol

    Had a Feng and Rebecca teabagging at gates at the killer and the timer ran out lmao.

  • @deadbydbd said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637019#Comment_3637019

    If you got everyone to second before gens popped, they're not good. You'd be lucky to have one person on death hook and one person on first hook against good survivors.

    That's quite an assumption you made there. You not being able to do that doesn't mean I can't do it. Try playing more skillful killers with high risk high reward and the game becomes easier.

  • If three survivors are only able to do maybe one gen in the time it takes a killer to three hook someone out of the game, that’s on those four survivors. The three doing gens should have done more than that, and the one survivor being tunneled should have ran the killer longer.

    That being said, you’re also talking about the 1a/1b top of the tier list in terms of killers with Blight. It’s not indicative of the overall experience.

  • @Rage_In_The_Cage said:

    If three survivors are only able to do maybe one gen in the time it takes a killer to three hook someone out of the game, that’s on those four survivors. The three doing gens should have done more than that, and the one survivor being tunneled should have ran the killer longer.

    That being said, you’re also talking about the 1a/1b top of the tier list in terms of killers with Blight. It’s not indicative of the overall experience.

    How's it on me? I was on the gen in the screenshot as early as possible and the others were doing god knows what, it's solo queue after all. I played my part to the best of my ability. The survivor being tunneled shouldn't have to face that considering the killer is way above their MMR and putting too much pressure on them for them to last longer. The outlying problem here is MMR and not the survivors fault lmao.

  • I've heard ome people listen music while doing gens until they get grabbed and then forget to hit skillchecks on hook.


    Realistically there is nothing to be done. Just get ready for the next match and don't take it too personally. The loss isn't a practical reflection of your skill level.

  • Your problem was with your teammates far more than the tunneling Blight. Looks like they did pretty much nothing while Zarina was being chased. I've been there before a few times. This is why I always bring Clairvoyance to solo q matches. The game is already lost, so at least give yourself a better chance of getting hatch.

    This also demonstrates the absurdity of the current SBMM system. Your useless teammates are scored exactly the same in the eyes of the SBMM system as those who are are great loopers and great teammates but maybe they didn't escape because they got tunneled to death.

  • @I_Cant_Loop said:

    Your problem was with your teammates far more than the tunneling Blight. Looks like they did pretty much nothing while Zarina was being chased. I've been there before a few times. This is why I always bring Clairvoyance to solo q matches. The game is already lost, so at least give yourself a better chance of getting hatch.

    This also demonstrates the absurdity of the current SBMM system. Your useless teammates are scored exactly the same in the eyes of the SBMM system as those who are are great loopers and great teammates but maybe they didn't escape because they got tunneled to death.

    It's what I wanted to point out. I've been sacrificed seven games in a row and I'm about to call it a day. I keep getting teammates that run into literal dead zones without a single thought behind their eyes and they mostly have zero game sense whatsoever. Time to find a SWF before I lose my mind!

  • @mikewelk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637272#Comment_3637272

    How's it on me? I was on the gen in the screenshot as early as possible and the others were doing god knows what, it's solo queue after all. I played my part to the best of my ability. The survivor being tunneled shouldn't have to face that considering the killer is way above their MMR and putting too much pressure on them for them to last longer. The outlying problem here is MMR and not the survivors fault lmao.


    If you were on the gen as early as possible then the survivor being chased is either throwing or just not any good.

    Also the killer isn’t guaranteed to be “way above” their MMR. It’s one of the most oppressive killers in the game.

    The outlying problem is survivors don’t know how to optimally play.

  • @Rage_In_The_Cage said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3637332#Comment_3637332

    If you were on the gen as early as possible then the survivor being chased is either throwing or just not any good.

    Also the killer isn’t guaranteed to be “way above” their MMR. It’s one of the most oppressive killers in the game.

    The outlying problem is survivors don’t know how to optimally play.

    Optimal play comes with higher MMR. What's your point?

1 2 ›