Sanctuaries to get offerings in game (and maybe reduce gen rushes...)
Many killers complain about the so-called "gen rush", and anxiety for the time that flows in general, so I have come up with an appealing idea for both the killers and the survivors.
It is about adding small sanctuaries, of intermediate dimensions between a totem and a generator, from which the survivors, through prayer, can obtain Offerings that, if they survive, are added to their inventory. Each survivor can carry, at most, one item, with two add-ons, and one offering.
It is about adding small sanctuaries, of intermediate dimensions between a totem and a generator, from which the survivors, through prayer, can obtain Offerings that, if they survive, are added to their inventory. Each survivor can carry, at most, one item, with two add-ons, and one offering.
Such sanctuaries should follow the same mechanics of the chests: same number, same interaction time. Consequently, offerings related to the number of sanctuaries should be introduced and some farming perks reviewed, to include the sanctuaries.
To make these sanctuaries more attractive, they could give only Escape Cakes or Bloody Party Streamers.
Comments
Because this is an optional thing (I assume), people/teams who are deadset on going straight for the gens can just continue to do so anyways, so this doesn't really change anything in that regard. That being said, this is still an interesting idea in spite of that issue that I wouldn't mind seeing.
On the other hand, each survivor can be encouraged to commit himself seriously to escape, instead of wasting time teabagging the killer, with the promise of a good reward.
I'm afraid this idea would not really solve the problem. Survivors that are super focussed on gens are already ignoring totems and chests.
I fear that this idea would not help against those groups that are focussing on gens since these sanctuaries would be optional.
If an additional objective would be optional and nothing necessary to power the exit gates, then the incentive to do that additional objective must be high. I don't think the existing offerings fit that criteria.
Another patchfix.
@Entità checkout this idea that I posted under Balance:
Optional ritual for survivors to complete
It slows down the game overall, and provides a bonus BP incentive if they do participate. If they don’t participate, the game is significantly slowed down, and they don’t get the bonus BP. By giving the survivors more power through your offerings, it creates an even greater imbalance between survivors and killers.
@Kaelum I'll read and comment your thread. About mine, survivors won't get anything if they die; if they survive, that means they played better than the killer and deserve a fair reward. In any case, any survivor who dedicates themselves to a sanctuary is not repairing generators, nor cleansing totems, nor healing themselves or others, nor rescuing hooked mates, and this helps the killer regardless of the outcome of the game, so the killer has an advantage no less than the survivor who manages to win.
Okayyyyy, then yes, that would be nice!
I imagine that every surv would rush to find these "double bloodpoint sanctuaries" at the beginning of the match instead of repairing gens. Could work better than Ruin. However, some SWF groups might not do that.
@NoShinyPony Thank you for your support!
@TAG What else? I'm open to proposals.
@TAG Thank you for your dispassionate opinion.
@Entità using the rewards that you mentioned in your response to @NoShinyPony , that would be fine. However, this could put the game into the exact same position that the pustules created. The reward needs to benefit everyone in order to prevent the Mine...Mine...Mine mentality that the pustules created. That event was an absolute nightmare for survivors actually trying the play the game.
@Kaelum The risk you report exists, but I do not think it's as bad as you fear: the Hallowed Blight lasted two weeks and the players were eager to get for free some of the adorable cosmetics created especially for the event, while the sanctuaries I suggest would be permanent and would not give anything unique and unrepeatable.
There is a bit of a difference: At the Halloween event, you got to keep your harvested nectar even if you died. Therefore a lot of people just went into the match, did their farming and ran to the killer to get themselves killed asap.
With @Entità 's concept the survs would need to survive. But that brings me to another point: The bloodpoint difference between surviving and dieing. Currently this difference is just 5k (or 7k for hatch). If surviving would mean keeping a double bloodpoint offering, we were suddenly talking about 20k points or more.
With 20k bloodpoints at stake, a lot of survs would play differently: Not trying to get a risky hook rescue at the end of the game. Camping the hatch instead of repairing gens + helping teammates.
If you think more about it, this could have a negative impact on gameplay.
I'm more concerned that the game experience could be worsened for solo survivors. Remember what happened at the Halloween Petula Harvesting Event.