Underated or bad perk you just cant keep yourself from using.

All you pain res enthusiasts can leave.

This is about the weird and quirky perks.

What perks do you guys like. Not only because they are strong or useful in every situation. Perks that have niche but fun effects. Perks, you use despite others telling you: "wow, really? THAT perk?".

Ive seen a lot of people using rapid brutality the last few days, therefore the idea for this post.

My personal favourite is huntress lullaby. Its an hilariously bad perk that is even more funny when it works. Cant keep myself from using it.

Comments

  • Also Botany is very underrated, since it is only on 19th place on Nighlight. Still crazy to me that everyone crying about mythical "healing nerf" and sloppy sometimes, but no one takes healing perks, which are several times better. I rarely go into match without Botany.

    AMN is also super good and super underrated perk, especially in solo. I'm glad that it's not popular, because being forced to brake every pallet as a killer is very unfun. I don't advocate for 30s cooldown for this perk only because it's not so popular.

  • @BubMickey07 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/400346/underated-or-bad-perk-you-just-cant-keep-yourself-from-using

    Calm Spirit.

    It's so good because not only do crows leave you alone but it completely counters doctor!!

    I really hate doctor

    It also counters ultimate weapon, a really common perk right now.

  • @pigslittlepet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610019#Comment_3610019

    Well if you're running autodidact you probably deserve the rage. Bad survivor. Go sit by the hook.

    Pls...

    This read what this post is about

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610432#Comment_3610432

    You should consider swapping out one of those boons for Overzealous, it brings the whole thing together really nicely. The time spent setting up your chosen boon also gives you more generator repair, on top of the toolbox you brought in.

    That's my answer to the OP's question, at least. Overzealous, paired with a boon and Detective's Hunch. Really nice build.

    Sounds nice indeed.

  • @pigslittlepet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610019#Comment_3610019

    Well if you're running autodidact you probably deserve the rage. Bad survivor. Go sit by the hook.

    Yes daddy....I'm sorry 😞

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610432#Comment_3610432

    You should consider swapping out one of those boons for Overzealous, it brings the whole thing together really nicely. The time spent setting up your chosen boon also gives you more generator repair, on top of the toolbox you brought in.

    That's my answer to the OP's question, at least. Overzealous, paired with a boon and Detective's Hunch. Really nice build.

    Yeah that sounds fun too. I’ll try that later today

  • Empathy. Useful solo queue info + you basically know where the killer is chasing at all time.

  • Bit late to this convo but I just love using starstruck on wesker and I don’t consider it a meta perk and I don’t make a build around it I just equip the perk in my build just for the reactions survivors give when it procs in the terror radius it’s just so much fun to use

  • @pigslittlepet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610019#Comment_3610019

    Well if you're running autodidact you probably deserve the rage. Bad survivor. Go sit by the hook.

    Thanks bro...I'm running it next time we SWF and I'm gonna heal you first. 😈

  • Shadowborn if that counts

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    All you pain res enthusiasts can leave.

    This is about the weird and quirky perks.

    What perks do you guys like. Not only because they are strong or useful in every situation. Perks that have niche but fun effects. Perks, you use despite others telling you: "wow, really? THAT perk?".

    Ive seen a lot of people using rapid brutality the last few days, therefore the idea for this post.

    My personal favourite is huntress lullaby. Its an hilariously bad perk that is even more funny when it works. Cant keep myself from using it.

    That is actually a damn good perk. Just went against a Dredge using it on Lery's. Took me probably 10 minutes just to find and destroy it.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3609859#Comment_3609859

    Try it in combination with undying and huntress lullaby.

    Braught me many tears of laughter.

    I liked using every Hex perk with Thrill of the Hunt.

    But then they nerfed it :(

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Dark Devotion - Unique and niche obsession-stealth perk that can bring the funnies

    Thrilling Tremors - I just think it's neat

    I second Thrilling Tremors for killer; such a solid information perk. Is it meta? Certainly not, but it’s consistently reliable.

    For survivor, I’m going to go with Parental Guidance. It’s a very situational perk, but on indoor maps like Lery’s and Hawkins it’s so good to loose line of sight of the killer and waste their time (paired with Smash Hit, of course).

  • Parental Guidance, Smash Hit, Vigil, "Random 4th perk". Smash Hit is my favorite exhaustion perk and its really funny when I get to say Spirit Fury Who? to a killer. Parental Guidance stacks sooo well with it too, and it's so great for losing the killer or creating tons of distance. Vigil is awesome no just to shorten the exhaustion cool down, but pretty much all status effects. I rarely see a match where I get zero value from vigil.

  • Calm spirit is my current go to.

    So many killers are using friends forever, so calm spirit and distortion means I can camp gens all game and actually get us out

    Most games I go 3 1/2 gens. I hate it

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    As Killer, my top 3 underated Perks are:

    1. Dark Devotion: This is such a fun Perk to use, both adding stealth as well as unnerving Survivors when the Obsession runs into them. Such a fun confusion perk.

    2. Forced Penance: Gets far more usage than some people think, especially with altruism. Also, if everyone is bundling in on you, there's no cooldown to worry about. The effect is pretty strong too.

    3. Hex: Two Can Play: This is a fun meme Perk which actually is more useful than some make out. Seeing Survivors running into walls and obstacles after slamming a pallet is just funny to watch.

    As for Survivor...

    1. Lightweight: I'm certain this is slept on. So many Killers have lost me because of this Perk.

    2. No One Left Behind: This is such a great Perk, whenever I make it to the end with this. It feels like I'm cheating, basically. The information is staggering and worth the pay-off in my book.

    3. Scene Partner: It just keeps making me laugh for some reason. It's useful, although often can screw me over unless "Calm Spirit" is thrown in the mix. More of a pain when trying to do something, but it's just a stupid, dumb, fun Perk that I cannot help but love.

    Lightweight has definitely caught me out as a killer! Completely unexpected to see it, and I could have kicked myself when I realised.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3610098#Comment_3610098

    Lightweight has definitely caught me out as a killer! Completely unexpected to see it, and I could have kicked myself when I realised.

    Especially on lery's.

  • Brutal strength, it doesn't save you that much time but it feels nice to have. Mad grit, this perk has saved me so many games. And, thrilling tremors. I have this perk on most of my builds, it's such an underrated tracking perk that synergizes with a lot of other perks. The only thing holding it back is the long cooldown.

  • I'm enjoying Overzealous with a map and red twine add on. For good measure I have Inner Strength and Counterforce too, just to make the most of my time.

  • @Wexton said:

    Brutal strength, it doesn't save you that much time but it feels nice to have. Mad grit, this perk has saved me so many games. And, thrilling tremors. I have this perk on most of my builds, it's such an underrated tracking perk that synergizes with a lot of other perks. The only thing holding it back is the long cooldown.

    I think with Brutal it's one of those perks that when you're running it, you don't really notice it. But it's when you take it off the next game, then you notice it. (at least that's what happens with me, I had to wean myself off my Brutal Strength addiction)

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3612150#Comment_3612150

    I think with Brutal it's one of those perks that when you're running it, you don't really notice it. But it's when you take it off the next game, then you notice it. (at least that's what happens with me, I had to wean myself off my Brutal Strength addiction)

    Facts!

  • Not exactly an underrated or bad perk, but I'm addicted to running Iron Maiden on everyone (yes, even those that have exposed as part of their kit).

  • Ive developed a love for Sole Survivor. It's replaced Adrenaline as my go to end game perk. I play very team based and my other perks are always we'll make it and either Babysitter or bite the bullet. But on the occasions that I'm the last one I get fantastic value from Sole. I don't even bother trying to find the hatch anymore.

  • Fixated. Not b/c you can walk everywhere w/o scratch marks but b/c it allows you to stay on gens and still get to relative safety/good hiding spot before the killer can get to that gen. They hit gen or check surrounding areas, can't find me & then leave. I get back on gen right after. Pairing it with SB is good synergy but I use it by itself and still get tons of value from it.

    I wouldn't say its a bad perk, just underrated/not as used. The 20% faster walking is very helpful in a lot of situations.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Surveillance. It's a tracking Perk with 0 counterplay.

    It gives you really nice info, I combine it with Discordance so those 2 tell me how many Survivors are on a gen.

    I loved surveillance pre PR nerf. Do PR and surge, and you got some very nice information. PR just isn't worth it, now, and it's hard to justify running surveillance on surge alone.

1 2 ›