Visionary buff
I don't think anyone runs this perk, probably because there are better perks out there.
What if this perk got an additional function - you see gens auras anywhere from white to red, depending on the progress they have? (kind of like Wraith's and Legion's IRI addons)
Comments
Or just remove it's unnecessary cooldown
Then it’s gonna be a worse Deja vu
I think it’s better reworking the perk to something else in general
I once suggested this perk to have the effect of making other teammates to see the auras that the Visionary user can see.
And cool down should be removed
I agree with that buff. But I can see some positives and negatives with choosing visionary over perks like deja vu. You can immediately go straight for the closest gen and finish it before a deja vu user wasting time traveling to a specific gen and doing it for 6% increase. Which only shaves off like 3 seconds in total.
But it can lead to 3 gen situations with visionary users tho unless they actually strategically plan out preventing that with their more expansive aura reading. So it really depends on the players style. Which I prefer visionary. I get to immediately get on a gen and hopefully finish b4 someone goes down. Cause so many killers run pain res.
Deja Vu is the perk that makes Visionary obsolete. While this is a nice buff, it will still fall short I think... this feels like it would be a nice buff to Rookie Spirit, as that perk gives pseudo tracking of the killer, and this would increase the value of that tracking to be worth considering.
Tbh I feel like Deja Vu is a perk I'd be happy to run even without the repair boost, the permanent 3 gen reveal in of itself is pretty good, however if we don't have an intention of nerfing Deja Vu (which I don't), it needs an additional effect giving it value.
Off top of my head, I'd give Visionary maybe something like: -
This would make it a weaker version of Wake Up and Deja Vu, but it allows you to have the subdued benefits of both for only 1 perk slot. it would allow you to plan which gens you might wanna save for an easy path to gate, which fits the description of the perk quite nicely and provides some options. Range would be nice with Open handed.
I've had this exact idea too, I support it.
Those are some nice ideas! Thank you for sharing :)
Doesn’t Quentin Smith’s wake up does the same with the exit gates?
Yes, but Wake Up is a guaranteed 25%, and you can see the aura of the exit gates once powered globally.
My idea with this perk change is to be able to see exit gates throughout the trial as well as gens within a 32m radius, and get a small boost to opening the gate for each gen that you personally complete (Not the team, you personally have to be repairing the gen when it pops. The code exists already for certain challenges).
You could in theory repair all 5 gens for effectively the same value as Wake Up (ofc minus the global aura read, you should have hopefully figured out the gates earlier on in the trial), but chances are that is not gonna happen.
The quirk I'm going for it this perk allows you to easily find the gens and gate you want to get repaired, and serves a similar function to the combined bonus of Deja Vu and Wake up... however it is certainly weaker than both, and only has the benefit of taking 1 perk slot.
Edit: An Example Build for this being really nice would be:
It's a pure info build (with a getaway), that will give you good gen aura read, good survivor aura read, and good early Gate aura read.
Alternatively you could stack this with Wake Up for a chance at a pretty heft gate opening bonus, which would be helpful for 1vs.1s.