Why some Survivors dislike Chucky?
You have dash that can be avoided in some cases, there is some room to outplay the main power. You can see footsteps near by when chased by Chucky around walls, etc.
You have dash that can be avoided in some cases, there is some room to outplay the main power. You can see footsteps near by when chased by Chucky around walls, etc.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
He's like Ghostface and Blight having a mutant baby. - He's even harder to see than crouched Ghostie (simply because of the size; a ton of tiles are by default a coinflip because you have literally no way to react in time based on what you can perceive because you can't see the dude) - and can rush with less restrictions than Blight.
"You can dodge the dash" is also something that i'd like to see you do against a somewhat decent player on a semi-regular basis; it's incredibly hard to gauge the actual hitbox (since similar to Victor it's much larger than Chucky) and position yourself accordingly - and since Chucky can flick in any direction he wants it's not so much about dodging and a lot more about baiting him into whiffing - which is an entirely different thing.
Idk, atm I'm very sick and tired of Chucky - but at least right now I can't see how those two points could get fixed with the good old "git gut". Gitting gut doesn't give you wallhacks to see Chucky - and gitting gut also doesn't stop him from zooming around the map pretty much uninterrupted. It also doesn't reduce his hitbox. - If anything you may at som point get used to his hitbox being twice his size and visuals not at all lining up with what's actually happening ... but, well, even that seems more like a "just become clairvoyant" than a "git gut".
All of that, plus I've had about 5 matches that have not been him since launch. Oversaturation is a massive issue.
I've only played against him once... but honestly it was boring.
I felt like I was playing against a mini version of Blight, which was already bad enough considering I hate to go against Blight, but with a messed up hitbox.
he keeps telling me he’s my “friend til the end”
I don’t want a friend carrying a knife chasing me around trying to stab me with it to bring about ‘the end’🫣
It's probably the same as with every other killer release. Overexposure. Too much of the same thing is never good and Chucky has been quite popular among killer payers it seems.
One of the main reason - 9 out of 10 games are against Chucky.
Seconding all this. Also adding how many Chucky's I've met that use their dash attack to tunnel survivors off-hook. I would love to learn how to dodge his dash but they've already learned how to do near U-turns with that thing so it feels like everything I try is completely useless.
I will say 2 things
Like wesker on realese, people will get bored for playing against him so much
His scamper is boring and lame probably
I run Alert and it's super helpful for knowing where the little scamp is.
You know when Wesker dropped and people liked him for 3 days until every single game was Wesker and he got very boring very quickly?
History is doomed to repeat itself.