Disappointed in the lack of event cosmetics for *male* survivors...

Recently I had a discussion with people about why female survivors are much more popular than male survivors. Really good discussions, and I understand the popularity difference.


But look at this... Free rewards for survivors this event:

Female survivors: - 6 sweaters: Haddie, Kate, Yui, Élodie, Mikaela & Nea

                  - 1 full outfit: Meg

Male survivors: - 1 sweater: Vittorio


This is beyond sad... I am extremely disappointed. Where is a sweater for Gabriel? Ace? Adam? So basically female survivors get 9 cosmetic pieces, and male survivors get 1 . One. Yeap, only 1.

Not to mention that last Halloween female survivors again got 1 full outfit (Kate), and 4 sweaters: Claudette, Min, Jane & Yun-Jin, while male survivors got 2 sweaters: David & Felix.


For those who play mostly/only female survivors, this event is like a birthday party. For people like me, who mostly play male survivors, this is.... well, sad. I do love female survivors and play them, but not getting anything for my boys (except for Vittorio <3) sucks. A lot.

Comments

  • Dont forget yet another FENG COSMETIC......

  • @buckk0097 said:

    Dont forget yet another FENG COSMETIC......

    I know what you mean, but I will say that this Feng cosmetic is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! I don't mind female survivors getting cosmetics at all, but not to the detriment of male survivors getting them.... 😥

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    Recently I had a discussion with people about why female survivors are much more popular than male survivors. Really good discussions, and I understand the popularity difference.

    But look at this... Free rewards for survivors this event:

    Female survivors: - 6 sweaters: Haddie, Kate, Yui, Élodie, Mikaela & Nea

                      - 1 full outfit: Meg

    Male survivors: - 1 sweater: Vittorio

    This is beyond sad... I am extremely disappointed. Where is a sweater for Gabriel? Ace? Adam? So basically female survivors get 9 cosmetic pieces, and male survivors get 1 . One. Yeap, only 1.

    Not to mention that last Halloween female survivors again got 1 full outfit (Kate), and 4 sweaters: Claudette, Min, Jane & Yun-Jin, while male survivors got 2 sweaters: David & Felix.

    For those who play mostly/only female survivors, this event is like a birthday party. For people like me, who mostly play male survivors, this is.... well, sad. I do love female survivors and play them, but not getting anything for my boys (except for Vittorio <3) sucks. A lot.

    Last year, 2 men to 4 women got sweaters. Then this. Now listen, i dont understand why we continue to even have these types of discussions. We already know they favor female survivors over males, period. It's as clear as day. Be it free content or paid. They dont have the effort to care about a particular male playerbase unless they see it will compensate them in the long run like their female counterparts. Unless ur dwight of course.


    I seen it very clearly when the design community contest, they chosen female survivors to win every single time. 5 times in a row. Its honestly comical tho.

  • Money.

    Plain and simple.

  • @Quizzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/394505/disappointed-in-the-lack-of-event-cosmetics-for-male-survivors

    Last year, 2 men to 4 women got sweaters. Then this. Now listen, i dont understand why we continue to even have these types of discussions. We already know they favor female survivors over males, period. It's as clear as day. Be it free content or paid. They dont have the effort to care about a particular male playerbase unless they see it will compensate them in the long run like their female counterparts. Unless ur dwight of course.

    I seen it very clearly when the design community contest, they chosen female survivors to win every single time. 5 times in a row. Its honestly comical tho.

    Yeah... Let's just give up and continue suffering, 'cause that's a fun way to live a life 🙂

    Seriously though, do you remember how people fought for Haddie when she was extremely neglected, and now she's being treated properly? I love the cosmetics we've been getting for her. I love the way they changed her hair and some other details. More people play her now.

    I got my Vittorio sweater, and now I have nothing left that I'm really looking forward to. Where's my Ace halloween sweater? My Gabriel halloween sweater?

    I can accept female survivors getting more cosmetics than male ones, but this is just ridiculous.

  • @GensByDaylight said:

    Money.

    Plain and simple.

    Oh yeah, BHVR is gonna make so much money this year out of the free sweaters that cost nothing in real money... 🙄

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Werewolf Jake and Blighted Yoichi look great though that’s a win

    I agree about Jake. However, I am talking about free cosmetics that we get for playing the event. The only thing that's free for male survivors is the Vittorio's sweater (which looks absolutely stunning though, especially in darker places). I see no justification for not having 1 or 2 additional sweaters for male survivors. They are free, after all.

  • @Quizzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/394505/disappointed-in-the-lack-of-event-cosmetics-for-male-survivors

    Last year, 2 men to 4 women got sweaters. Then this. Now listen, i dont understand why we continue to even have these types of discussions. We already know they favor female survivors over males, period. It's as clear as day. Be it free content or paid. They dont have the effort to care about a particular male playerbase unless they see it will compensate them in the long run like their female counterparts. Unless ur dwight of course.

    I seen it very clearly when the design community contest, they chosen female survivors to win every single time. 5 times in a row. Its honestly comical tho.

    Funnily enough: most people who play female characters are male.

    It is true about the cosmetic contest though. Feng, Claudette, Yui... (forgot the one from this year)

    @Alen_Starkly said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566054#Comment_3566054

    Yeah... Let's just give up and continue suffering, 'cause that's a fun way to live a life 🙂

    Seriously though, do you remember how people fought for Haddie when she was extremely neglected, and now she's being treated properly? I love the cosmetics we've been getting for her. I love the way they changed her hair and some other details. More people play her now.

    I got my Vittorio sweater, and now I have nothing left that I'm really looking forward to. Where's my Ace halloween sweater? My Gabriel halloween sweater?

    I can accept female survivors getting more cosmetics than male ones, but this is just ridiculous.

    As a Jeff Main I have been waiting for Halloween stuff for him since 2019 (as he wasn't out for the 2018 one yet). Nothing. Even Adam got his blighted skin before Jeff.

    But hey... At least he got a mask this year....

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566054#Comment_3566054

    Funnily enough: most people who play female characters are male.

    It is true about the cosmetic contest though. Feng, Claudette, Yui... (forgot the one from this year)

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566391#Comment_3566391

    As a Jeff Main I have been waiting for Halloween stuff for him since 2019 (as he wasn't out for the 2018 one yet). Nothing. Even Adam got his blighted skin before Jeff.

    But hey... At least he got a mask this year....

    Friend, we should not settle. We need to ask for more love towards male survivors. I would have loved if Jeff got a halloween sweater, too. He really deserves it. <3

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/394505/disappointed-in-the-lack-of-event-cosmetics-for-male-survivors

    Yeah, I was a bit bummed they didn't have one for Jonah. Can't complain all that much at least he's been getting some skins lately unlike some of the other males survivors.

    Yes, you'd think for reward cosmetics they could even it out a bit between the sexes.

    Yeah, I'd love them to even it out a bit. Last year it was sort of acceptable (2 male sweaters vs 4 female and 1 full female outfit). This year it's only 1 male vs 6 female and 1 full female. Grotesquely awful.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566402#Comment_3566402

    Friend, we should not settle. We need to ask for more love towards male survivors. I would have loved if Jeff got a halloween sweater, too. He really deserves it. <3

    I could bet with you the next Blighted skins for survivor will be: Meg, Kate, Mikaela and Vittorio

    The Void skins next year will be Feng, Nea, Claudette and Felix.

    Joke aside I hope the even less popular males get something for the events or rifts in the future. Ace is the oldest character who did not have a Tome yet (Edit: sry, he had), Adam and Jeff are the next and then Zarina the first female character who misses a Tome. The only other female Survivors who miss a tome are Elodie and Haddie. This tells you everything about the devs' priorities. For killer it's sadly similar. Here Deathslinger seems to be the forgotten one.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566621#Comment_3566621

    I could bet with you the next Blighted skins for survivor will be: Meg, Kate, Mikaela and Vittorio

    The Void skins next year will be Feng, Nea, Claudette and Felix.

    Joke aside I hope the even less popular males get something for the events or rifts in the future. Ace is the oldest character who did not have a Tome yet (Edit: sry, he had), Adam and Jeff are the next and then Zarina the first female character who misses a Tome. The only other female Survivors who miss a tome are Elodie and Haddie. This tells you everything about the devs' priorities. For killer it's sadly similar. Here Deathslinger seems to be the forgotten one.

    I hope the "forgotten" characters do get their cosmetics and tome.

    Ace is one of my favorite survivors, and sadly has no proper Halloween cosmetics! (I mean, yes he has an outfit from 2021 with the skulls on it, but that looks vaguely connected to Halloween).

    I want a blighted outfit for Ace. I want a Halloween sweater for him. I want a "traditional" Halloween outfit for him as well (similar to Jake's werewolf, Kate's scarecrow, Claudette's Fae fairy etc.)

    I am so glad that BHVR expanded their cosmetics department team, so they can push out more cosmetics. But please for the love of Dog, don't neglect male survivors.

  • @GensByDaylight said:

    Money.

    Plain and simple.

    Can't argue with that.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566621#Comment_3566621

    I could bet with you the next Blighted skins for survivor will be: Meg, Kate, Mikaela and Vittorio

    The Void skins next year will be Feng, Nea, Claudette and Felix.

    Joke aside I hope the even less popular males get something for the events or rifts in the future. Ace is the oldest character who did not have a Tome yet (Edit: sry, he had), Adam and Jeff are the next and then Zarina the first female character who misses a Tome. The only other female Survivors who miss a tome are Elodie and Haddie. This tells you everything about the devs' priorities. For killer it's sadly similar. Here Deathslinger seems to be the forgotten one.

    It stings that all my favorite characters are neglected. Jeff, Adam, Zarina, Deathslinger...

  • @Caiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3566672#Comment_3566672

    It stings that all my favorite characters are neglected. Jeff, Adam, Zarina, Deathslinger...

    All my favourite chars are either neglected (Jeff) or licensed.

  • What baffles me is, if they don't want to give cosmetic love to male survivors, why do they keep creating male survivors then. I mean, I am glad they do, because they are what I like the most about this game. But they could simply just create female survivors until the end of time, and sell a mountain of cosmetics, if that's all they care about.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    What baffles me is, if they don't want to give cosmetic love to male survivors, why do they keep creating male survivors then. I mean, I am glad they do, because they are what I like the most about this game. But they could simply just create female survivors until the end of time, and sell a mountain of cosmetics, if that's all they care about.

    So they don't get called out.

    Sadly enough they also create female characters who are forgotten, so they can give more to Feng, Kate, Nea and Claudette. If you main Haddie (she gets love now thanks God), Zarina or Yui you are screwed.