Toxicity against Killers
Look, playing The Legion is bad enough at high ranks, but if you t-bag and emote at a Legion like you're some amazing player or something, I've got news for you. You're not. T-bagging at the exit gates against Legion is pointless, they already don't get a lot of kills so why do you have to rub salt in the wound? Being toxic like this at all just discourages people from buying the game and strengthens the stereotype that the DBD community is toxic. Now I'm not saying that killers aren't toxic, because a lot of them are, but when I'm just trying to enjoy myself with a few games it's frustrating when every game at least one survivor will choose to BM and be toxic. When you're toxic, it's not fun for anyone but you. That's why I don't use noed. Because I want the game to be fun for everyone.
Comments
I had a naughty list, when I faced the same toxic players over and over. So I could prepare a mori or equip a better killer with the best addons.
Otherwise just grow a thicker skin.
Just do what i do.
Most Toxic Ass-hats are He who shall not be named's fanboys, and play Claudette. Camp every single claudette, regardless. Camp them on the ground if you have to even.
i hate it too. "Just grow thick skin" isn't an acceptable answer. It is a problem. In more then just the tea-bagging way.
I've received hatemail. Tons of it. i've received swatting threats, I've been doxxed. And I absolutely refuse to play on PS4 with messages on. Because every other game i get hate spam. And I mean SPAM over and over. Homophobic and racist remarks in massive amounts.
It's a SERIOUS problem that the devs need to handle across all platforms. They simply don't do enough about the toxicity.
HA!
I'll link you to my steam account sometime.
One guy wrote me an entire paragraph, as i killed him with Hillbilly.
Another got so obsessed with me after, that I had to block him on steam, as he was spamming my comments. I don't mind, but I limited my salty survivor comments on my profile to two max.
lol 2 max is almost a good rule.
After my experience tonight I think its people in general. I've never gamed before dbd.. I'm getting better, I can actually repair a few generators now without constantly popping them.. but that still happens.. usually more the first game of the night until I ease in there. At times I have risked my neck and been killed in the process of helping others and other times I've shied away and just not felt it .. if that makes sense.. like my game was off... that is almost only the first game of the evening, as I am trying to orient myself
.
Tonight I had someone tell me "Name.. ######### your mother" Ok. I see perhaps what I didn't do in that game.. but give me a break. They could have said.. hell.. you didn't do this or that and that's the point.. I can accept criticism and learn from it.. go on and get better at it..
Come on.. People are just toxic at times... that doesn't help the community.. and it certainly doesn't help attract new players.. Everyone was new to gaming at some point. Sometimes we just need to give people a break and perhaps give them a hint that might help them grow in skill or knowledge of what the focus should be.
It's all suppose to be fun, not some life altering.. do or die (really die) event.
I do to, to a degree. but there is a line. Keep it in the game, because it is just a game. RL threats should NEVER happen. And the fact that I have reported these people for such threats, and then seen them in my lobby the next day makes me feel... I dunno. Not good. You know?
Why do i wan't to play a game where people not only threaten to, but have, doxxed me for playing?
And since I know they can doxx me, that raises the very very real fear that the swatting threats could be more then a threat.
If you don't know what swatting is. it's where they send a fake 911 (emergency number in the US) call in to the police, and get them to send a team to bust in your door.
I'm European so this is a swat free area :chuffed:
If someone threatens me i just read the first messages for fun then i block and keep playing.
Dunno how often happens in America but here i've never known or heard of someone who got doxxed or anything like that.
Swatting is why alot of American streamers take efforts to hide there face, and cam, along with refusing to answer questions about where exactly they live.
And considering that they know this stuff happens aren't they a bit more careful when sending the swat to any building?
You'd think that, but some idiot swatted a guy, and ended up getting someone killed doing it, was in the news fairly recently (this year.)
I think our versions of SWAT are not so trigger happy.
Wait I only teabag if someone camps a teammate, camps me, tunnels someone, tunnels me or if they nod at me. So if you face me and you do one of these. Then don't expect me to be very kind to you in game. I point at killers for fun though.
I main Claudette and I don't even LIKE Ochido. ######### so if you face me I have to expect a facecamp for using a cool character? I wear the legacy looking thing.
Yes.
ClaudetteLivesDontMatter.
i'm MLGA blocked by all the teabaggers ;w;
I hate people who dish it but can’t take it =p I respect ya yeet I /bow to u good sir
Meh I'll make sure to check the killers name and if I see urs, don't expect me to play nice. (I'm kidding ok don't roast me)
Dont play unviable killers and punish them for tbagigng instead.
Tbag is the only thing funny you can do against a Legion actually... not out play no funny chase ... Meh, it's deserved.
I get tbagged / Dc'd when I ToxiLegion and that's fine.
It's deserved simply because they play Legion? Give me a break.
Toxicity against killers is nothing new. I'd recommend swapping to a stronger killer at high ranks and growing a thicker skin.
Wrong. I'm not saying that i'm looking for the conflict, i mean that if i find myself involved in a situation like that at least it doesn't affect me.
Would be better if i got affected by that? If someone insults me i rather laugh than feeling bad about it.
I'm old enough to not be bothered by such childish reactions. If you think that's a problem well... i feel sorry for you
Ah so that is why I get facecamped so much.
Guess I will teabag every Bubba regardless. Because that is logical right.
Here we go again, another killer complaining about how toxic survivors are. Learn how to ****Mindgame****
Jokes on you, I use a different name on Steam for that very reason.
I don't 😢
It's holiday break so all the babies' parents let them stay up later playing video games because they're off school.
It should get a little better once they go back. It's always pretty bad, but I find it gets a lot worse when schools are out.
That's not the part to which I refer to. I'm referring to you taking joy in others' misery.
Maybe you didnt understand me well. When i meet this kind of salty people i see them as kids yelling. I don't take them seriously at all and it's even entertaining. So if i gotta hear them or read whatever they want to tell me i'll try to have fun at least. Once i've had fun enough i'll block them and will keep playing, simple.
It's way better to deal with these people like this than getting mad or sad.
As i said, i don't try to provoke any kind of bad situation.