DBD Killer Timeline
Since I have nothing better to do, I decided to put together a timeline for when each Killer's story took place. This took, honestly not that much time, but some of it is obviously questionable. And since a lot of these stories could have taken place during a large time period, obviously some Killers are in the wrong spot, but this is the best I could do.
Due to character limits, I've been forced to move over to a Google Document. This thread is updated up to Kaneki but will no longer be updated.
DBD Killer Timeline
Obviously, Adiris is the oldest Killer in the game. Babylon existed during 2300-539 BC. There are no clear indicators as to where in this timeframe she falls under (in fact, the gods mentioned in The Maiden Guard don't appear to even be actual Babylonian deities). However, knowing that she became the high priestess after all of the other priests got sick, I think it's safe to say Babylon's time was nearing its end. Her archive, The Maiden Guard, takes place some time before this, and my interpretation of it was the Entity testing the waters with her before she became a real killer, manipulating her into killing her adoptive father, Haban. Nothing much to add there that would change her placement (and I can't find anything of a Maiden Guard existing, so once again, a fictional version of an ancient religion). But since every time I look up Babylonian plagues, I instead get an album from a band called Iced Earth or the Ten Plagues of Egypt from Exodus, I'm just going to leave her at Babylon's end. Either way, she is infected (likely through that toe she chopped off, exposing herself to the plague) and exiled herself. Out of desperation, she made one last prayer to her gods, but the Entity heard her instead and bent her to its will once again, turning her into the Plague.
Vecna provides some... unique challenges. Firstly, Greyhawk lore is INCREDIBLY vague and often contradictory. In fact, while trying to read up on Vecna's history, I was only able to find THREE years, which brings me to the second, and probably more obvious issue: HE'S NOT FROM EARTH! Luckily, we CAN narrow things down due to three items: The Hand & Eye of Vecna, and the Vorpal Blade, formerly belonging to his second-in-command, Kas. Based on the quote attributed to the blade and the existence of Vecna's most iconic artifacts, we KNOW he had to have been taken AFTER Kas's betrayal, which led to his destruction until a cult dedicated to him tried to bring him to godhood between 581 & 586 Common Year (which I think is fair to assume equivalent to our AD, since it even goes negative and has no year 0, like our BC). Vecna is eventually defeated and banished to Ravenloft in 586, meaning he had to have entered the Realm BEFORE this date, as he is still present in his Ruined Tower and hasn't quite broken out of Ravenloft and ascended to godhood (which he would do in 591). Hard to say the specifics, but Vecna is our oldest licensed killer, and I can't imagine that will be changing.
Tarhos Kovács was taken as a child to serve in the Guardia Compagnia, a ruthless group of mercenary knights, after surviving the poison attempt his mother made to spare him from exactly that. There, he met the Faithful Three that would eventually become his Guards in the realm: Sander Rault, who, for whatever reason, traded a battle axe for a lunk of steel that only resembles a sword if your only reference point is Berserk and would become the Carnifex; Alejandro Santiago, who would become the Nazgûl your parents tell you is at home known as the Jailer; and Durkos Malecek, the only one who isn't overly designed and became the Assassin. Tarhos would eventually break free, but he needed money to free his companions. Thanks to Vittorio's lore, we know that he was hired in 1391 to aid in finding the Lapis Paridisus. From here, things get a bit cloudier. Given they traveled from Italy to western Portugal, likely on horseback, I'd say a few months pass before they find Sintra, maybe a month assuming they literally took no breaks whatsoever, which we know they did while searching ruins. Then, after gettng the Lapis Paridisus, they return to Portoscuro with Vittorio in chains, taking about the same amount of time, maybe a little longer to account for Vittorio's condition. Things get a little less cloudy here as we know months passed before Tarhos charged in on the Guardia Compagnia with a small army, freeing his Pack and returning to Portoscuro to prepare for war. During the final battle, Tarhos and the Faithful Three would be taken by the Entity. If the expedition began as early in the year as possible (which would make the winter weather slow them down even further), we're looking at late 1391. I don't think that's realistic, and am going for an early to mind 1392 to the Knight's placement. All Nothing but Darkness does is give us a deeper dive into Tarhos's psyche, showing how he doesn't believe in good or evil, just those who accept the world for what it is and those who want to change it because they are too afraid of the truth. Nothing that helps establish placement, but still rather insightful.
While Dracula's lore is pretty expansive, DbD only goes into two events, with brief references to others. The first major event we see is in 1476, when Trevor Belmont defeated Dracula. This is FAR from the end of Dracula's story, but I think it's actually an interesting note on Trevor's side of things. Given how he was taken and is stated (and shown in the trailer) to be reaching for the Vampire Killer, it's pretty obvious he was expecting a battle with Dracula, so he brought it with him, only for the Entity to take it away. This HAS to mean that Trevor was taken AFTER Dracula was, which is just a neat little way of telling us how the Entity managed to get a weakened Dark Lord without needing to put a seal on him like it did Vecna, while still maintaining the Castlevania timeline.
Kazan Yamaoka, or Oni-Yamaoka was a samurai (though his actions make me believe him to be more akin to a Ronin, or samurai without a master, as his father, Renjiro, was his master and DID NOT approve of his actions. Plus the whole patricide thing). The question is from what time period. According to several sources, a former peasant by the name of Toyotomi Hideyoshi became a samurai and would eventually become one of the leading men of Japan, roughly around 1590, succeeding ODA NOBUNAGA. After this, he banned non-samurai from owning swords, in an attempt to keep Japan safer. You were either born a samurai, or you weren't (however, as Malum_Midnight has shown in another thread, it wasn't exactly enforced very well, so that's something to think about). So Kazan is most likely from before this time, as he was brutally murdering hundreds of peasant samurai. The period that Hideyoshi (Japanese names, at least back then, were family name, then personal name, so Kazan is actually Yamaoka Kazan, but it makes sense either way) ended was the Sengoku Period, from 1467-1600. That's a long time period to work with, but I'd say he's from around the middle of it, around 1530 to 1550ish, but that's just me. (Boy was I ever off)
It's difficult to really say when Portia Maye's story takes place. None of her cosmetics give any real dates, I don't even know what to look up in terms of her fashion choices, Snug and the unnamed Poodle's breeds have been around for a while, and even Haddie's notes in the "teasers" don't really give anything to work with. As such, the most I've got to work with is the fact that she's a pirate. Thus, the Golden Age of Piracy, which lasted from the 1650s to the 1730s, seems to be the most I can do. The Poodle's presence does tell me that we're probably looking at the later end of this era, since they were first bred sometime in the 1600s, but without real specifics on when they were bred specifically, I can't accept this with any real confidence, so we'll have to wait for the Houndmaster to get an archive.
For a while, all we had on the Deshayes Twins were that they were born in 17th century France. I concluded that they had to have been taken after 1624, due to a law passed in Northern France that required witch sentences to be confirmed with the Parliament of Paris before they could be carried out. Élodie's lore tells us that Madeleine Deshayes' burning was documented, which meant it had to have happened after this year (or it happened in one of many villages that just didn't care about the law). The Twin's archive, Side by Side Forever... doesn't help clarify things. At least, not directly. But the cosmetic attached to it DOES. It comes with a tricorn hat. These wouldn't come to France until 1667-68 and wouldn't become popular until King Louis XIV popularized them around 1685, well within the range I figured. The rest is a bit finicky, but, assuming that's how Charlotte envisioned herself (and assuming the later year as a result due to them being popular then) while on the run from hunters and the Black Vale, she would have to be about 7 during or after that year (the Black Vale caught the Twins when they were 5, and it's stated that she wouldn't have hurt anything two years prior, telling me that they were held for two years... even though she looks the exact same as she does as a young adult in the animation). Their story seems to end with Charlotte as a late teenager so (assuming she's about 18 when taken), they would have been taken by the Entity around 1696. Obviously, a lot of leeway, with the earliest being 1678, but it's more reasonable than it was before.
Kazan Yamaoka. The Oni. The absolute thorn in my side with this timeline. Initially, I had him placed in the mid 1500s, but that always came with one major issue: the Spirit (who was similarly problematic in placing) being his great (x5) granddaughter. Unless the Yamaoka family members are able to live for multiple centuries, this would be physically impossible. But him being from the Sengoku Period made so much sense given his hatred of false samurai and the ban on non-samurai from owning swords, so I begrudgingly stayed with it. Now we cut to today, where he now has his own archive (without a title, as seems to be the new standard), where I finally see that I was so far off the mark it wasn't even funny. The video that comes with the archive shows Kazan raiding a ship with a VERY specific flag shown flowing in the wind. The flag of the Dutch East India Company, which lasted from 1602 to 1799. Trade with Japan seems to have declined around 1670, but assuming Rin was born in 1976 (explained with her archive), that still doesn't really work, so Kazan's story must take place sometime in the later years. It's difficult (actually, basically impossible), to get more specific than this though, so the best estimation I can make is the mid-late 1700s, but well before 1799.
The ENTIRE POINT of the Unknown is that we DON'T know what it is or where it came from. So, how am I supposed to work this thing into the timeline? I mean, it barely shows up IN ITS OWN LORE! The answer is actually pretty simple. I've come to the conclusion that all four of the main theories presented in its story are, at least partially, true. And based on that, we know the first disappearances attached to it were from the 1800s. During a séance, an alien-like creature was summoned into the world.
The Human Quotient, the second released but first chronological archive for Talbot Grimes, makes mention of a King. Following this, the latest year it could take place is 1837, when Queen Victoria would take the throne following King William IV's death. Not the most helpful, but it does place a maximum year, which is something. In the cinematic, I'd say he appears to be in his early thirties, but between the unusually poorly sketched cinematic and having most of his head covered by a turban, it's just an estimate. Based off the Chipped Monocle add-on, we can safely say that Talbot was somewhat old when he was taken by the Entity, but between not knowing what he looked like before his transformation into the Blight and "later years" not being well defined, it's hard to say. Given the East India Company still seemed to have power, which would be somewhat held back by the Charter Act of 1813, my best estimate is sometime before then (which would ultimately put him in his sixties based on the following paragraph and my estimated age, fitting that "later years" statement).
Later, Talbot operated on prisoners of the First Opium War, a real life event that occurred from 1839-1842. Unfortunately, there's really no clear way to tell HOW long he did this testing, but, considering he was sent to Mangalore, which was an active war zone at the time, we know he was beaten to near death and found by the monks before the war ended. I'll run with the assumption that this event happened towards the war's end and move on to the next question: how long was he at the "monastery"? Again, not very clear (I'm really starting to notice a pattern here), but he shouldn't have taken much longer than a year to year and a half. Shortly afterward, he was kidnapped and sent to an opium den, the "monastery" trying to prevent him from going too deep. Following this logic, Talbot was taken by the Entity around 1843-1844, initially as a Survivor that we've simply known as the Alchemist from The Hunger, experimenting on the Killers that he somehow managed to capture. Eventually, he lost hope and was sent to the Void, but he got out and the Entity started messing with him, as we see in Doors Unknown. Eventually, the Entity stops toying with Talbot and gives him the flower he wants, which then proceeds to transform him into the True Blight (presumably, after this ends, he begins using the serum to transform himself into the base version of Blight we have, trying to maintain that form).
Going to leave the above sections for history purposes, as newer (aka been around since Blight's release that I never considered for some reason) information has made it outdated. As the_voices points out, the much maligned Alchemit Ring mentions a reprimand on Talbot Grimes from 1838, a year after I theorized The Human Quotient could have been at the earliest, given the mention of a King. This is instead either an alternate universe where Queen Victoria didn't replace William IV in 1837 or BHVR failing history once again. And given how soon the First Opium War would take place, I can't, once again thanks to the_voices, place Talbot's experiments as taking place then anymore.
However, I can place him during the SECOND Opium War, from 1856 to 1860. Now, I'd say the gap between The Human Quotient and his base lore is much smaller (but honestly impossible to really figure out, given the ONE THING that helped place it being something that literally DOESN'T WORK), but we still don't really know how long he was testing. I believe it's reasonable to assume that it was going on during the entire war, and it also doesn't seem unreasonable to still say he learned the truth of the horrors he unwittingly committed towards the end. I still don't think it would take him much more than a year of recovering at the "monastery" while repaying the monks. So, somewhere around 1861-1862 seems reasonable for him to be thrown into the opium den and kidnapped by the Entity, where he would become the Alchemist during the Hallowed Blight and The Hunger, experimenting on Killers he somehow managed to capture. He lost hope and got sent to the Void, but he somehow escaped and the Entity decided to mess with his head during Doors Unknown. Eventually, when the Entity decides it's done playing with Talbot, is gives him the Pustula flower he was seeking, then overdoses him, leading to him transforming into the True Blight. Presumably, this was a temporary transformation and he ultimately reverted to the basic Blight he maintains with the serum.
We actually have a decent understanding of when Caleb Quinn, the Deathslinger, is from. Through the lore given by Zarina, his Survivor, we know that an "Irish-born inmate" was sentenced to fifteen years for assault in Hellshire Penitentiary in 1860. This aligns almost perfectly with Caleb (and, in another thread, I've gone into detail about how the inconsistencies between their backstories makes sense, but I'm not reiterating it here). Due to Caleb's lore, we know that he was let out early because he was helping the warden. This is where things get a little tricky, because this can be interpreted in one of two ways. 1. His sentence was fifteen years and he was released earlier OR 2. His original sentence was longer, and it was shortened to fifteen years. I believe the former to be the truth. The question is... HOW early? I'd give an estimate of between six to ten years. As Spooky13 pointed out, Caleb's uncommon cosmetics very plainly state that he originally had a longer sentence. Now, I almost never consider cosmetics canon, but I never said anything about the DESCRIPTION of them (unless they are so obviously not true... looking at you Lunar New Year Susie). So, Caleb was released 15 years after his arrest, in 1875. After that, it's a straightforward six years before Caleb realizes he's being used and takes his posse to get revenge, getting claimed by the Entity in 1881. As to be expected, his archive does nothing to either narrow down his story or be interesting at all (seriously, this single sentence took until the day of the Unknown Mid-Chapter to update because I have lost basically ALL investment in the archives at this point).
Anna the Huntress's archive, A Lovely War doesn't exactly help narrow her place in the timeline because she was already well established. She comes from WWI. During the last paragraph of her backstory, it is mentioned that German soldiers are "on the march to attack the collapsing Russian Empire." Notice it says RUSSIAN rather than SOVIET. Germany declared war on the Russian empire in 1914. Instead, it focuses on how she reacted to the invading Germans. We also learn that her father was murdered by soldiers, according to her mother. Perhaps this is the reason why they retreated to the wilderness in the first place. She was taken by the Entity after the war ended, in 1918.
The first Killer archive, Blood, Brass and Grit, gives us a look at Evan MacMillan's childhood before becoming the Trapper. We learn that he is from Seattle and the workers at his father's mine are planning on getting the union involved. In Seattle, there was a union strike in February of 1919. I point this out as it involves unions and took place in Seattle. If the MacMillan workers were trying to get the union involved, then this event either took place already, or is about to. We also learn that Evan's uncle and mother were murdered by Archie an unspecified time earlier. Eventually, Evan's friendship with the workers is discovered after his friends sell him and his sketches out, and Evan begins to adopt his father's brutal methods.
The Cleansing of Crotus Prenn doesn't seem to do much for Sally Smithson's placement. However, her default appearance states that her outfit was pretty standard apparel for a nurse in the early 20th century. While it's appearance doesn't seem to line up EXACTLY with how WWI nurses looked, it's still similar enough. Looking at the state of Crotus Prenn, I really don't think the government would be spending money on changing the nurse outfits (and they were pretty similar in WWII as well), so Sally more than likely (given the two decades between her husband's death and completely losing her mind) started working around 1920, give or take a few years.
"Kenneth Chase was born in 1932 by a difficult labour, which his mother wouldn't survive." Word for word in the Clown's backstory. I don't have to think of dates that sound plausible when it's literally right there. Though I don't really have much else to add here, since Kenneth's story takes place over a long time, it should be noted that he seems to have split away from the Kenneth Chase name from a young age, as in the flashback to his youth we see in Finger of Chaos, he's already calling himself Jeffrey Hawk in his head. Either the name "Kenneth" is too hurtful because it was given by his abusive father, or BHVR did what BHVR does best and forgot. He also seems to have developed his finger fetish here.
With two decades passing between Sally becoming a Nurse and The Cleansing of Crotus Prenn, I believe her story to end around 1940ish. Her mind finally snaps and she follows the Broken Woman's advice to follow up on the concepts of purification from her original lore, purging the "genetic abominations" in the asylum, starting with the person who gave her the idea. After everyone is dead, Sally is brought to the hospital, but presumably crashes the ambulance along the way and got scooped up by the Entity.
Later in the 1940s, Kenneth was becoming quite accomplished at killing animals. The last date mentioned in his backstory is 1954, when he drugged and killed a young man, whose finger was found by his father. Knowing he had no other choice, Kenneth bolted and would eventually join the circus.
During the 1950s, the government began Project Applie-Pie where they performed experiments on what they codenamed: Unknown Venom X. This was, of course, the Unknown. How they got a hold of it is a complete mystery, and it of course managed to escape at some point and made its way to Greenville, where it was blamed for a host of disappearances over the years, including Mikaela and Sable, two disappearances that were NOT linked to it. And it would stay there for a while...
Otto Stamper would found the Garden of Joy in the 1960s. Here, the Ottomarians would do nothing but think happy thoughts, and any dissidents were banished. At least, that's what the cult was told. Instead, he and the Black Vale tortured these people, causing darkness to begin taking the island, summoning the Druanee, or as we know it, the Dredge. As chatgiraffe says, this couldn't have taken too long, given what comes next in the timeline (although, as Smoe points out, this future event is quite literally impossible, but it also likely has no effect on the ultimate placement being in the 60s). So, sometime in the early 1960s, 1965 seems to be the maximum. Otto would convince his congregation to murder each other, and the Dredge picked up the bodies and souls of these angry cultists to become the evil murder turkey it was destined to be. What happened next and when it was actually taken are really anybody's guess, given the lore is mostly told through Otto's perspective.
Ascendance is easily my favorite Archive so far. It's graphic as hell, but is also full of dark humor. It also gives us a reliable timeframe for Doctor Herman Carter. His Archive mentions PAPERCLIP, BLUEBIRD, MKULTRA, MKDELTA and MKSEARCH. Since he has knowledge of all of these, we just have to know when these projects happened. PAPERCLIP lasted from 1946 to 1959, and consisted largely of former Nazi scientists. BLUEBIRD began in 1951, but I had trouble pinning the details down. Something about hypnotism in the official document from the CIA website, but I'm not going through a 29 page document for something minor. MKULTRA is the one everyone knows, and, alongside MKDELTA, it began in 1953. MKSEARCH is the last one, beginning in 1964, attempting to find the ultimate truth serum. Herman had knowledge of it, so it had to have been after this. He was inducted into MKAWAKENING, which he would begin spearheading later on, under his universe's Otto Stamper's guidance (Smoe left a very well-researched discussion of what the hell I'm mean by this that I highly recommend reading about how the two Otto's are actually very different people).
Philip Ojomo's archive, the depressing The Algebra of Infinite Night tells us that he was "born in newly created Nigeria," which not only confirms his origin to be Nigeria like many of us believed, but also gives us a clear idea of when it takes place, as Nigeria was officially created in 1960. I don't think this is actually the year of his birth, but the pure hell he went through occurred a few years after this, which was found by MeltingPenguins. The anti-Igbo Pogrom of 1966 almost perfectly mirrors what happened to him. These events begin shaping him into the Wraith that we all know.
Kenneth, now fully embracing the name of Jeffrey Hawk, goes on for another decade, bringing us to the 1960's once again. Sometime during this, the completely insane story of Finger of Chaos occurs. We can tell this because of his seeming familiarity with everything around this circus, meaning he hasn't slipped up and let the one girl go yet. I honestly can't tell how much time passes after this event, but eventually, he rides his carriage into the Entity's realm. Since he clearly spends a little while traveling the U.S., I'd say this takes place around the late-60's to early-mid-70's, but again, there are no real markers to tell us.
We pick back up for a brief moment with Herman in the 1970's, as the Institute thrived, and he began to spearhead MKAWAKENING. But there isn't too much else to tell for a little bit.
I'm just going to put Lisa the Hag here, in the 1970's, but she is one of the really annoying ones. There are NO markers to tell us when her story takes place (except for a few things about her home being from the 1800's, like the lightbulbs and paddleboats, but she wasn't before Anna), but I'm placing her here since, from what I can tell, the 1970's brought a resurgence of witch culture, which Lisa has plenty of. Even her WIP name was the Witch. But again, her story could have taken place at any time.
A Man Named Boy both does and doesn't really provide much to help us determine the Hillbilly's placement. We have information about some of the shows he watched on TV as a child. The older of the two is "Leave it to Beaver," which ended in 1963. So we know he was likely a child around this time, which works well with older information we have from the Coldwind Farm realms. The Thompson House describes some sort of horrific event in 1972, which matches fairly well with the event of the archive. After this massacre, Boy learns (presumably, since it isn't shown) that his real name was Max, named after his father, like he always wanted.
Rin is the MOST complicated. Her story has no years, no significant events to talk about, and none of her add-ons help. I thought that her baseball cap would be something, but sport caps were invented in 1849, which is WAY before Anna. Then something caught my eye. "That evening, Rin came home from work. She'd stayed late to entertain customers that lingered at the restaurant. As she parked her bike in the shed, she heard her mother's scream the house."
As she parked her bike (I have no clue how to increase the font size here, so bolding will do). What's the relevance of this? Bikes weren't introduced to Japan until 1971! I can't place her exactly, but I can tell her story takes place after this. We will have to deal with this.
Of course, that was no help. As GamingZebra pointed out, the Japanese military used bikes in their invasion of China in WWII. So Rin is a serious issue that needs addressing. She is probably pretty modern, as PigNRun says, since she was working at a young age and her father was a salary person, but we might have to wait for something more concrete with her (got it, as I'll explain below).
In the revamped Ironworks of Misery, there is a calendar that, while faded, clearly states the year as 1972. Given the information that the original Killers are at least 30, we can definitely place Evan as coming from this time, as he would be well into his 60s, and if we assume his father was in his twenties when he was born, he would be in his 80s, maybe 90s. By this point, Evan would have taken over the mines, and would go on to, either on his own whim or by Archie's orders (depending on which lore you prefer), proceed to execute everyone in the mines, and then lock his father away before being taken by the Entity.
If you count the licensed Killers as canon (which I do, and there is a whole heap of evidence supporting this, including outright developer statements), then Leatherface arrived in 1973. Having actually watched the movie that came out in 1974, I know that the events of the first movie (where Leatherface actually comes from based on his last few paragraphs) took place on August 18, 1973.
The fake website BHVR made to tease the Artist known as Carmina Mora mentions how she gained notoriety during the 1970s through her art, which helps narrow her down quite a bit. It also establishes that her murals appeared over forty years ago, which to me stands out. It leads me to believe that we're looking at the mid-late 70s as opposed to the early years (which would be almost fifty years). Beyond that, however, there's not much to go on, so we have to settle for this. The Black Vale, who had apparently been molding her entire life, had lost control of her and tried taking her out, finally completing her transformation into the weird, inky bird lady we see now.
Halloween was released in 1978, and the timeline established in the movie makes it clear that it also takes place in that year. Since the Halloween chapter is mostly based on the first movie, it's safe to say that this was when Michael Myers was taken. Since his lore is kind of lackluster, I'm going to run with the assumption that he was taken after Loomis shot him off the balcony.
I had no idea where to place Lisa Sherwood, our lovable Hag, for the longest time. I always stood by the 1970's due to a resurgence in witch culture at that time. However, in Stroke of Luck, we can see people at the funeral wearing bell bottoms. There is another guy with an afro, African Americans and Caucasians are intermingling with little problem (that we can see), and Pam's English teacher was a "pill-popping bore." All of these were things that happened in the 1980's. Are all of these connections loose as hell. Yes, but it's the first true information we have in regards to Lisa's placement in the timeline. I'll take it.
EDIT (January 17): The Léry's Memorial Institute was condemned in 1983, allowing us to finish off Herman Carter. After his experiments become torture to find mind control (though, let's be honest, they always were), he murders everyone and the Entity finds him, but not before giving Otto Stamper the gruesome fate he deserved (regardless of universe, Otto is clearly a monster).
Although it's been removed from the store, the Demogorgon is still a permanent fixture on Dead by Daylight. As such, it remains in the timeline. When I initially looked it over, the lore we were given for Demo gives nothing for its placement. At first, I believed that it was the original Demogorgon from the first season in 1983, because it made sense from a satisfactory story point, and coincided with how Nancy and Steve were presented. However, Mikeadatrix pointed out that the Demogorgon we have uses the Season 3 model, seen at the very end. This coincides with the mish-mash of add-ons Demo has from all over the show and seems to make the logical answer the correct one. While disappointing from a story standpoint, it works from a logical standpoint and places the Demogorgon in 1985. It's better than it being a RANDOM Demogorgon at least.
The Cenobite known as Pinhead, formerly known as Captain Elliot Spencer, hails from the 1987 Hellraiser movie, very specifically. All of his add-ons seem to add up (besides the Original Pain, which was the first pin in Elliot's skull, and from what I can tell, Pinhead's origin wasn't seen until the second movie). Interestingly enough, I don't think the Entity planned for him to appear. As far as I can tell (with my limited knowledge of Hellraiser) the Lament Configuration can show up pretty much anywhere without explanation. It's entirely possible it showed up in the Trial Dwight was being chased in (since we can see he's the one who found it in the trailer), and he activated it without knowing the consequences, summoning Pinhead to the realms. Perhaps he saw the hooks placed around and decided to stick around for a bit, and the Entity just let him provided he follows its rules.
It's impossible to tell when Lisa Sherwood was actually taken, but she was 16 in Stroke of Luck, so it seems safe to say she could have been taken in the tail end of the 80's to the early 90's.
Originally, I placed Philip in the 90's due to his boss, Azarov. During the 90's, the Russian mob was pretty active, and Azarov's surname is clearly Russian, plus he gets rid of people with very moblike methods. Basing Rattman's statement about the original three Killers being at least 30 years old, looking at his apparent age in 1966 (he appears to be around eight to ten), we get the minimum years he could have been taken from being around 1986. This makes his involvement, however unwilling, with the Russian mob during it's most active time very plausible. It would put him in his forties, but I think he could probably pass for that age range. After Azarov reveals (or, in the old lore, Philip figures out for himself, which I much prefer) that Philip was turned into one of the same monsters that butchered his family a few decades ago, Philip loses it, becoming the angel of death that is the Wraith and being taken by the Entity.
Despite the numerous add-ons he has referencing later movies (and the existence of Tiffany's skin being entirely reliant on Chucky encountering her in Bride of Chucky), Chucky's lore makes it clear he was taken during the final act of Child's Play 2, taking place in 1990. In this timeline, his chant to Damballa doesn't work and instead summons the Entity to take him into the Fog. It also seems to imply that Andy and Kyle are somewhere in the Fog as well, but we'll probably never see them due to the fact that they are minors at this time.
I'm going to place Rin Yamaoka's archive, Steeped in Blood (which horribly butchers her name by the way), around 1991-ish. We know she practiced kendo, but that honestly doesn't help at all, since kendo became popular among women from 1960-1970. We do learn that, during her kendo training, Rin is in junior high. We know that she would later go to Takamatsu University (see below), which is where I got this timeframe. She seems to be on the older end of junior high (14-15), so I added 15 to her birth year (assuming she was 20 when she went to Takamatsu since she does not look much older than that, and found 1976, but that's honestly quite finicky), and that is how I got 1991. Obviously, give or take a few years, depending on the real, unknown numbers. We also learned that the Entity has been trying to get her father for a LONG time.
Danny Johnson's lore is told in the style of a newspaper, giving us something of a picture of who the Ghost Face really is. It tells us that he came to Roseville as Jed Olsen, a charismatic freelance reporter looking for work with the Roseville Gazette. Even though he can't verify his previous work, he gets hired on, and five months later, the first of the Roseville Murders would begin. It's unclear how long these murders would go on for, but eventually the events of Beneath the Mask would occur. Danny loses his mind over being parodied and brutally murders the three responsible, though he didn't credit this one to the Ghost Face because, technically, it wasn't the Ghost Face who did it, instead pinning it on either Tom becoming a copycat or a bad joke gone wrong. Presumably, it would be after this, he films "Ghost Face Caught on Tape," to give Roseville a proper look at the terror stalking their town. A few weeks later, he leaves Roseville, and the newspaper is published on June 18, 1993 (26 years to the day as his release date). When Danny reads it, it is a week old, leaving him to be taken around June 25, 1993.
As I've stated before, I usually don't consider cosmetics canon, but the Legion is different. Joey's Reaper-esque sweater/mask and Susie's pink haired sweater are both seen in the teasers for them and in their portrait. Through Susie, as well as the group photo that sends you to Ormond, we can establish that they were taken in 1996 at the earliest, something that Soldiers of Mayhem doesn't actually seem to retcon. Which, given how much of a disaster the rest of the archive was, is a good thing. I only have one explanation for this, and it's something that others have theorized. Memories vs Reality. In reality, Frank came up with the name, paying Jeff Johansen to paint it. Perhaps Julie saw this and forgot it later, but the image stuck with her. Same for her stabbing the janitor second instead of Joey. That was a traumatic event, and memories are generally mixed during them.
Rin was an issue to place for a long time. It wasn't until January 15, 2019 that it finally clicked in my head to check her university, Takamatsu University. I learned that it wasn't founded until 1996. This made that year the earliest she could have been taken. And she was likely taken later than that. She goes home one day to find her father performing his own vision of Kazan's rampage, he cuts her all to hell, and her wrath, established to have been growing since she was about 15-ish in her archive, got the Entity's attention, leading to her being taken instead of her father.
Based on Sadako's own personal lore, it seems the Entity took her shortly after the second movie, roughly around 1996-97. It seems pretty cut and dry... until you read Yoichi's lore, where she's still messing with him when he's an adult. Giving Yoichi a generous age of 23 (based on being the youngest professor at the university), this would put Sadako as being taken roughly around 2013. Right now, I'm going to just go with this being the Entity starting to reach out to Yoichi by using a nightmare it has access to and place Sadako in 1997 based on the confusing ending to her story.
The Nemesis was created by the Umbrella Corporation for the express purpose of hunting down S.T.A.R.S. members such as Jill Valentine. He appears to have entered the Fog while on the hunt for her, during the third Resident Evil game, which takes place in September of 1998. While our Nemesis is from the remake, the timeframe is still the same.
In 1999, the Demon Castle War took place and Dracula was killed once and for all. Though in Castlevania's story, he would reincarnate into Soma Cruz, that's not what happened in the DbD timeline. Instead, the Entity reached out to him, taking advantage of his weakened state so it wouldn't need to place a Mark of Negation on the being opposite of God, and led him into its Trials, where he can continue his vengeance against humanity forever.
Torment Creek mentions a storm that knocked over the silo happening in 2003. With the knowledge that the Entity creates the realms from the memories of the Killers and the fact that Max was young in 1963 (or was growing up around that time), we can safely say that he would be quite a bit older than 30 at this time, making 2003 the earliest he would be taken by the Entity to become the Hillbilly.
This may seem odd, but I'm placing Executioner Pyramid Head around 2003-2004 instead of the 90s like Silent Hill 2 took place. Yes, I know. BHVR have stated that our Pyramid Head was ripped straight from the mind of James Sunderland... but they themselves are the reason for this placement. The description for the P3 Pyramid Head says "A manifestation of guilt, this punishing force took shape in Cheryl's dreams and tormented her with nightmarish visions of gore." As I said with Caleb, I may not consider cosmetics to be canon, but their descriptions are fair game. Silent Hill 3 takes place in 2003 (according to 90% of sources I can find, since I've never played the games), and Cheryl (you can't make me call her Heather, even though I much prefer that name) was taken AFTER those events. There doesn't seem to be a clear time she was taken, but I'd say anywhere from a few months to a year, hence 2003-2004. Contrary to Pixel's poorly thought out fanfiction a popular misconception of his lore, Pyramid Head was not sent to punish the Entity, but rather entered into a deal to carry out his duty and punish Cheryl (NOT James) as well as anyone who got in the way.
The first licensed Killer tome to be released, Vain Ambition, seems to take place shortly before Saw II. My reasoning for this is John's condition. In Saw II, he's basically hooked up to an IV to survive, while he's still moving around (albeit very painfully), during Amanda's tome. However, his condition only got worse as Amanda created a game for Grace (which she might have survived, though that much blood loss makes it unlikely). Six months after Saw II, Saw III and Amanda's death occur. However, before she actually dies, the Entity takes her under its wing. The Saw timeline is all over the place, but given the movie's release in 2006, I feel confident keeping Amanda's placement here.
Albert Wesker finalized the creation of the Uroboros in March of 2009 with plans to unleash it upon the world. His DBD paragraph (actually, he's got TWO) establishes that he had literally JUST exposed himself to Uroboros when the Entity grabbed him. So, yeah, a fairly obvious placement.
Our version of Freddy Krueger is from the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, likely because they couldn't get the rights to Robert Englund's character, so they settled with Jackie Earle Haley instead (I know people are going to hate me for this, but I like this version of Freddy a little bit more, just without the sexual predator part. Englund's version got a bit too comical, and I like the burn effects).
I'm not exactly familiar with Tokyo Ghoul, and it doesn't exactly give many dates for its timeline. The wiki uses specialized dates based on when certain events occurred in regard to the Steel Beam Incident... which is the exact opposite of helpful. However, there is a single panel in the manga that shows a notebook with the years 2011-2012, and we know Ken Kaneki was taken shortly after his torture by Jason, which took place the same year that he became a Ghoul after his encounter with Rize. Based on my knowledge of how the Japanese school year works (Persona's my favorite game series, okay), I'm willing to bet that these events took place in 2011, as their school starts around the Spring, and Ken's torture ended December 20th. Which makes him one of the single most solid placements we've seen since Ghost Face.
Ji-Woon Hak has a very futuristic appeal to him, but I wouldn't say he's from the future. BHVR coordinated their efforts with the producer of BTS, so I figured that NO SPIN must be BHVR's take on the K-Pop group. BTS debuted in 2013, so I placed Yun-Jin bringing Ji-Woon into NO SPIN in that year as well. Now, I know what you're going to ask: What about the neon insanity around him? Well, I took that into consideration and looked up Seoul (where we know Mightee One was stationed) at night in 2013, and the place was Neon City even back then. So it seems that works out. After the first album came out, there is an untold amount of time before the fire that kills Ji-Woon's bandmates, but I'll say around a year between the release and the fire. It could be more, it could be less, I don't think it really matters. Ji-Woon would become the Trickster, stylized by Yun-Jin after the dokkaebi trickster spirits. Originally, I placed Trickster as being taken a year after the fire, since we know the Mightee One board meeting would take place on the year anniversary of that fire (it took me a bit to find the transcript, but Yun-Jin says "It's a year since the fire broke out.") But 1. That's not a realistic timeframe and 2. Dissonance for the Dead seems to retcon this. That, or this was never about the board meeting to begin with. Or the translation's wrong.
Instead, we see Ji-Woon and Yun-Jin on a concert tour in Rio de Janeiro, with a few years having passed since the fire. I looked into K-Pop concerts in Rio, and learned that there were TWO separate concerts during the summer of 2018. Given the rocky relationship between star and manager, I don't think it's too unlikely for their ultimate fallout in the board room to occur about a year later, in 2019. Which is the PERFECT time for him to disappear given he wouldn't be able to fulfill his famelust during 2020. This also makes more sense timeline wise, giving more time for the murders to settle in before the Entity ultimately takes both Trickster and Yun-Jin.
Adrianna Imai is complicated and simple at the same time. Her drones seem futuristic at a glance, but every component to them is stuff we've already had for years. Active Mode seems to use a sort of sonar or heat vision that allows it to see through walls, while Scouting Mode seems to use LiDAR, which is fairly common in the robotics industry she seems invested in. Her methods of acquiring and selling companies may be ethically questionable, but like Jonah before her, something being ethically questionable doesn't mean it makes her a criminal (the disappearances on the other hand would likely be investigated eventually. Once or twice would be a weird coincidence, but the consistent pace would likely set off some flags). As recently as Elon Musk and Twitter, this is a practice that is used today, meaning this can't JUST be some dystopian past. Her skins seem to mention a post-apocalyptic future, but it's difficult to tell how much of this is her being a daddy's girl who doesn't want daddy's fantasy world to be a fantasy anymore and actual reality. At the end of the day, if she is from the future, it's not a very distant one; maybe five years if you stretch it a bit. I feel comfortable with placing her in the early-mid 2020s. She would don the Skull Merchant persona from her father's Brazilian manga (which is a whole other can of worms, since manga literally just means Japanese comic, so it's like saying American Anime; it LITERALLY DOES NOT EXIST) and goes on a Most Dangerous Game style killing spree, eventually bumping into the Lyra siblings and chasing them into the fog. And with her Archive (which is only given the title Sonhadores Sombrios in the pictures) being a disjointed mess that I'm pretty sure includes one of the manga chapters as part of her memories, this is where I leave her.
Based on the security camera footage released during the lead-up to the Unknown PTB, we know it was still haunting Greenville on the day of the footage's release: February 15, 2024. This leads me to believe we have a Ghost Face situation with the day the Unknown was taken being the same day as its release: March 12, 2024. While trying to investigate it for her master's thesis, a student named Olivia imagined the Unknown and the Entity (well, the black fog that causes disappearances that WE know is the Entity) colliding. Somehow, this exact scenario takes place and the Unknown gets taken, VERY MUCH against its will, by the Entity.
In a bit of a surprising twist for me, the Xenomorph is actually NOT the most futuristic Killer like I was expecting it to be. The original Alien where our Xeno and Ellen are from took place on June 3, 2122; nearly two-hundred years before the actual most futuristic Killer. It's kind of difficult to argue with the literal Technical Manual about this, so that is where I leave it.
The Hux-A7-13 was brought online in the distant future of 2313, over 200 years after humanity nuked itself into near oblivion. Thanks to his Archive (which has no title once again), we know that he was shipped off the Dvarka (which is possibly LV-426/Acheron if the Nostromo Wreckage's realm is to be believed) almost immediately, alongside 09, 15, 05 and 20 and the Toba crew. Given how overgrown Toba Landing remains, I don't think it could have been much more than a month before 13 runs into a crystal that rapidly enlightened him. After running into the crystal, he gets the generic "human bad, machine good" trope of literally every single robot uprising story ever told implanted into his "brain". At the very least, he has the unique trait of becoming a reverse cyborg and has no remorse for the other Hux-A7s, but otherwise, it's super basic and safe. After destroying the other A7s and killing everyone but Gabriel (in Sarah's case, I'd be willing to call it self-defense if it weren't for knowing full well it was premeditated), Hux-A7-13 creates a new body for himself, made from alien metal and the cloned flesh of the Toba crew, which would ultimately get torched by Gabriel as the two entered into the Entity's domain.
TL;DR
Plague (Roughly 539BC)
Lich (581-586)
Knight (1392)
Houndmaster (1650s-1730s)
Twins (1678-1696)
Oni (mid-late 1700s)
Blight (1861-1862)
Deathslinger (1881)
Huntress (1918)
Nurse (1940s)
Dredge (1960s)
Clown (1960s-1970s)
Trapper (1972)
Cannibal (1973)
Artist (mid-late 1970s)
Shape (1978)
Doctor (1983)
Demogorgon (1985)
Cenobite (1987)
Hag (late 1980s, early 1990s)
Wraith (1986-90s)
Good Guy (1990)
Ghost Face (1993)
Legion (1996)
Spirit (Post 1996)
Onryō (1997)
Nemesis (1998)
Dark Lord (1999)
Hillbilly (2003)
Executioner (2003-2004)
Pig (2006)
Mastermind (2009)
Nightmare (2010)
Ghoul (2011)
Trickster (2019)
Skull Merchant (early-mid 2020s)
Unknown (2024)
Xenomorph (2122)
Singularity (2313)
That took way too long to type. If there are any glaring issues, please tell me. I'll see what I can do to fix them.
Comments
Demogorgon placement/madman's rant has been added.
The Demogorgon is probably the one being held by the Russians at the end of season 3. I would say it is more probable since we get a season 3 outfit for Steve. Plus the chained up cosmetics for Demogorgon would also back up that theory, which would make it 1984-1985.
since we get a season 3 outfit for Steve
So? We gonna get season 2 outfit for Steeve soon. Like, this one:
Like I (kind of) said in my mental breakdown, I didn't believe it was that Demogorgon because it only is seen for one scene, while the original was a constant threat throughout the entire first season. It does, however, work with the Season 3 cosmetics and the supposed ages of Nancy and Steve a bit better than the original, and it makes the quotes make more sense.
Until more evidence comes out though (possibly through the Archives), I'm sticking to it being the original, but it does have potential.
The Demogorgon model is from the end credit scene in Season 3. It looks different from the one in Season 1. Timeline or not, it ain't the same Demo from the first season. Sorry.
True. I'll try to figure out how to edit it tomorrow when I actually have time. Again, never seen the show, so I wouldn't know they are that different, therefore leading me to assume that they were pretty much the same model.
It's a common mistake and it's perfectly okay. Demogorgons are like wolves or tigers. Fierce and deadly but not unique. The only Demo that was memorable was D'art who was tamed by Dustin just because it imprinted on him as a baby and he gave it Three Musketeers bars for breakfast.
I have fixed my error with Demogorgon, as well as cleared up a small amount of the clutter (I don't want to delete too much, as I like to see the progress I have made, and see my mistakes like with Rin and Demogorgon, but I realize it might be a little hard to read. If I need to delete all of the crossed out parts, I will, but I'm leaving them here for now.)
It wasn't noted anywhere, but Hag is definitely from somewhere after the 1830's. The Pale Rose map features a paddlesteamer, and that type was only made after 1814, popular after the 1830s.
Since it's included in her memories of the swamp it only makes sense.
As I've stated before, since Anna/Huntress was confirmed to be the oldest (until Adiris/Plague was released) and she was from 1918, this information is unfortunately irrelevant (see my response to jesterparty). I'd love if it was helpful, but it sadly isn't. We're just going to have to wait for her Archives.
And while I'm here (this part isn't in response to you anarchy), and on the topic of the Archives, I just want to say that I'm going to wait for ALL of the Archive parts of Evan's history to come out, so I can do it all in one fell swoop (and also redesign his part).
Even so the only notes given on Hag was that there was NO information on her, well there's at least a little.
I think the way I interpreted it in my head when typing was everything before 1918 was irrelevant to Lisa's placement. You do bring up a good point though. I did say that NO information existed. I'll change it a little.
Thankyou SOOOO much I always want to know this
Where do you think the Oni would fall in this timeline? Early 19th century maybe? He's definitely older than the Huntress, given that he's Rin's ancestor, presumably the son of the first Yamaoka.
Let's say, that samurai as society class stopped existing somewhere in 1868, so, Oni is second old killer.
First kanabo is dated somewhere in XV century, so the Oni somewhere from (1400-1867).
Oni-Yamaoka is in. Along with a slightly confusing history lesson on Japan that I hope makes sense.
Wonderfully written, I am glad to finally see somebody recognizing that Anna comes from WW1 (Russian Empire..). Regarding the timeline, either killers came one by one throughout History (and so, in a logical way, Plague came before Spirit and Anna), or we can also admit the Realm of the Entity is outside from Time and Space, and therefore for instance a killer from 1914 could be there since before a killer from the times of Babylon.
op, i have just noticed the red jacket for Frank (the one called "Fairview Varsity Jacket") has 1993 written on the back.
Could be an older jacket of his.
Unless they are explicitly shown to be canon (like Susie and Joey, or Kazan's unreleased wolf-themed armor), I don't count cosmetics, and the Legion was definitely on Earth after 1993, as I said shown by Susie's sweater and the photograph that sends you to Ormond.
Not a bad find though.
I'm no chainsaw expert but Hillbilly's chainsaw looks like it was custom built by him. Very long guide bar and there seems to be guards around the handle, (Like a brace for his lower arm) which resembles a gas pump a little bit. Basically something he scrapped together out of parts lying around. A purpose-built killing machine designed for murder. Leatherface's chainsaw (in the movie anyway, which the ingame chainsaw is based off of) is an actual chainsaw.
Reason for Adris is because she's a religious person. The entity is a god like being that saved her. I think she's going to do whatever that god wants.
In one of the lores for torment greek it says the fallowing: ''The Silo is one of the oldest remaining buildings that made up Coldwind Farm. The great storm of 2003 brought the ancient structure crashing down. It was weeks later that searchers discovered twelve bodies that were buried in the ruins. Their crushed corpses were buried deep in the slurry that oozed out from the base and made identification almost impossible.'' Which leads me to belive Hillbilly is from the early 2000's.
"The centrepiece of Coldwind Farm, the Farmhouse, stood proudly over the fields of golden corn for decades. After the horrific events of 1972, the building fell into disrepair and eventual ruin. The Farmhouse is now nothing more than a forgotten, former home where holidays were once celebrated."
This is what the description for the Thompson House says. A storm may have come in in 2003, knocking the silo over, but the actual murders of Hillbilly's parents was likely in 1972.
To be honest though, the entire Coldwind Farm realm is confusing, because it also says "Coldwind Farm was widely known as it spanned two counties. Mr and Mrs Adams put a lot of work into the farm, but all those blisters and sweat paid off. But for some reason, one day in 1946, products stopped coming."
We've got three years that directly conflict with each other. I can easily explain the 2003, but not the 1972 against 1946, outside of early lore that wasn't changed (like not giving Hillbilly the name Max Thompson Jr. in-game).
Assuming that hillbilly got taken years before the sillo was torn down why would the entity copy things from the future.
I can see where you're getting at, but you also have to remember that time isn't linear in the Entity's Realm.
Again, Coldwind Farm is all over the place.
Entity creating realms via killer's and survivor's memories. And all locations that are ingame also exist somewhere out of Entity's realm.
By the way, we can tell for sure, that Hillbilly stayed some time at Coldwind farm, after he killed his parents. Cuz, first, in lore he mentioned as "boy". Tho, ingame he looks like adult. Also, devs mentioned, that all 3 original killers are more than 30 years old. Second, as I said, Entity creates realms via memories. Last, it's also implied in his lore, that he wasn't kidnapped by Entity immediately:
The son of wealthy landowners Max Thompson Sr. and Evelyn Thompson, this unnamed boy was an unwanted child born to savage parents. Hideously disfigured, he was shut away from society. So ashamed of their son, they bricked him off into a room and fed him through a hole in the wall. When the boy escaped, he took his revenge savagely and terribly, slaughtering the parents that had tortured him instead of raising him.
After the deed was done, he continued to live his life at the farm, taking out his deranged violence on the animals that were allowed to run free. As he finally broke free from his shackles he ran through the cornfields, chasing and slaughtering whatever he could find. They never found the bodies of Max and Evelyn, but they did find tortured and disembowelled animals all over the farm.
Coldwind Farm was quickly settled and the land split up and sold off. There was never a buyer for the farmhouse. Perhaps it was the sound of the chainsaw you could hear throughout those hot summer nights.
So, technically, yes, he still could be from 2003-ish
Tho, I believe, 1946 shouldn't be considered as canon, since "Mr and Mrs Adams" really sounds like early concept names and date is linked to them.
Finally completed Evan's Archives (I've been way too busy these past few months), so I can finally add that info and correct a few more things.
Put Steeped in Blood in, and updated Rin's placement slightly.
Caleb seems like he should be around mid to late 1800's. He can't have come from earlier than 1845, when the potato blight broke out. His lore mentions he is the son of Irish immigrants who were heavily oppressed as Americans feared they would take their jobs. It specifically mentions the phrase "No Irish Need Apply" which put his father out of a job. The phrase first began taking form in 1854, and it mentions that Caleb's father was out of a job for quite a while, so we could put Caleb's birth from around late 1840s to early 1850s. Something else worth mentioning is that Caleb's Modified Ammo Belt addon mentions the Arizona territory, not Arizona state. Arizona was recognized as a territory in 1863, and was officially recognized as a state in 1912. Due to the addon mentioning his specialized weaponry, and the addon Marshal's Badge also mentioning the Arizona Territory, we know that he was in the Hellshire Gang some point after 1863.
Going off of this, Caleb's lore mentions Hellshire Penitentiary as the nation's first private prison. The first private prison I could find was in 1852, San Quentin. If we believe Caleb was born late 1840s, Caleb would be around 19 to 20 when he maims Henry Bayshore and is thrown in prison. It mentions he was in prison for a time, before being released to catch outlaws with the help of his Hellshire Gang, meaning they were released around 1867-1869. They went with this plan for around 6 years before finding the Warden accepted a deal from Bayshore when they go back and murder him and the warden, and Caleb is taken by the Entity. This means Caleb was possibly taken around 1876-1878. I think at least. I wrote this all down in English so this might not be entirely accurate. At least we know he is between 1863 and 1912.
Zarina Kassir's lore tells us about an inmate (that all evidence shows is Caleb), who was sent to Hellshire in 1860 for 15 years. This means he was released in 1875, and he was active for another 6 years after that, placing him in roughly 1881.
I'm just going to wait until he is officially released before I put him in, though. I've done the same with all of the others (except Danny, but that was a special case with me being away from my account when he came out, so I did him earlier).
Don't forget though, in the Deathslinger's lore it mentions that he had his sentence shortened by the warden in exchange for him hunting for prisoners. In Arizona, aggravated assault (assault inflicted with a deadly weapon, he shot Bayshore with his harpoon gun) is met with 5-15 years for first time offenders, meaning he could've been released earlier due to his deal with the warden. Meaning that he was charged with 15 years on his record, but the warden might not have put down he released Caleb early. Although these are current laws in Arizona, not sure if it was different back in the 1800s. I don't know, just making wild guesses here.
Yeah, that's going to be the only difficult part of his placement, since it's unclear. 1881 is the absolute latest he could have been taken if he was freed just a little bit before his planned release, with 1866 being the absolute earliest if he was freed before serving even one year. Both are unlikely.
Ascendance is now in place.
Caleb's placement will be in ASAP when he is officially released, as stated earlier.
As promised, Caleb's placement is complete
I just found something for Caleb's lore. In the description for his uncommon outfits, it says:
"After being detained for fifteen years, the prison warden paid him a visit, offering to expedite its release. There was a catch: he would have to fill the prison."
This means that his original sentence was actually longer than 15 years, but the deal with the warden shortened it, meaning that the former isn't actually correct. This means that Caleb was sentenced in 1860, was released early in 1875, worked for the warden for 6 years before realizing he was being double crossed and heading back and killing him, placing Caleb perfectly in 1881.
Found it. Couldn't get on for a little bit due to life, but I found it. Thanks.
Placed Anna's archive in and slightly edited Leatherface's year.
Good job, this is very well put together.
Jeff got taken years after Legion. He was paid by the members to paint their hideaway, it was his first paid gig. He left Ormund and wound up coming back years later when his dad died. Legion was gone at that point because I believe his journal entry mentions that he went up there for a viewing of his painting and the locals thought it haunted or something. Poor bugger never came back down.
As to Hag, I always saw her as being between 1890s or 1910 or during the height of riverboats or just before it. Before everyone had nice lightbulbs and power. And really somewhere along the Mississippi because Riverboats were a huge thing back in the day. Blame a half forgotten research paper I did years back when my high school did the musical Showboat.
Long before we had Plague, the devs confirmed the Huntress (1918) to be the oldest Killer. This is why I used the rise of witchcraft for the Hag in the major timeline while leaving her out of the TL:DR because that is just pure guesswork rather than looking at evidence like with everyone else because there simply ISN'T evidence for her. Add-ons, power description, backstory, cosmetics that are clearly canon... Nothing.
I really hope she gets her Archive soon so we can finally settle her placement, but for now we have such a large area to work with.
I know this thread is dedicated to an actual chronological timeline, but could anyone who knows fill me in on presumed movie canon based on in-game appearance, quotes, etc? I haven't watched many of the sources for the licensed characters, or if I have, not in a very long time. I watched Halloween (1978) for the first time 2 nights ago.
For Laurie & The Shape, it would seem they are both exclusively from Halloween (1978) as all the quotes, cosmetics, etc are from that film, and there is no mention of Laurie being [TEMPORARY SPOILER TAG] and nothing references the time-skip to Halloween (2018).
I have never watched ANY of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, but from what I've heard around, his name being confirmed to be Bubba Sawyer at least eliminates some of the remakes from the equation, I just don't know what's what. Anyone know what movies are confirmed canon to The Cannibal who appears in Dead By Daylight?
I know for a fact Quentin and The Nightmare are exclusively from the most recent remake.
I've seen all the SAW films at some point, and fairly clear Detective Tapp and The Pig (Amanda) are taken from their last moments in the series.
The Demogorgon is confirmed to be from end of season 3.
The 4-year anniversary stream confirmed The Executioner is the same Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2, though I've never played a Silent Hill game, so I'm going to take that to mean Pyramid Head is a species of some sort, and that The Executioner is from Silent Hill 2 only?
Laurie and Michael have very little lore to work with, but we can narrow a few things down. The Halloween chapter came out in 2016, so the 2018 movie doesn't count. The Rob Zombie remake doesn't count, as clear by Michael's pristine mask, and neither does its sequel. And we have a young Laurie, which eliminates Halloweens 4-Resurrection. We can also dismiss the 3rd movie because it doesn't have Michael involved (except for a cameo on a TV).
All that said and done, we have the first and the second movies, the latter of which takes place mere minutes after the first. With how little we actually have for these two (seriosuly, Laurie has two paragraphs with less description than Nancy Wheeler's one paragraph), we have to make assumptions.
Leatherface was taken at the very end of the first movie (which is honestly not as graphic as you're probably imagining, it's honestly more of a psychological horror film). However, we can confirm the names established in the second film (Drayton, Nubbins and Bubba) for the Sawyer family to be canon.
You are dead on with Quentin and Freddy.
You're also right with Tapp and Amanda, 2004 and 2006 respectively (although I'm questioning the year I placed Amanda because the Saw timeline is so convoluted).
The Stranger Things characters are supposed to be post-season 3, even though I still don't agree with that.
As for the Executioner, you and I are in the same never-played-Silent-Hill boat. From what I can gather from the Silent Hill wiki, Pyramid Head is a species of some sort, given life through guilt, or something along those lines. The Pyramid Head we have is based on the ones from the 2nd game, which takes place in the 1990s (which I will update when he comes out).
Hope this makes sense.
Cool. Well, was trying to avoid a spoiler I stumbled upon, but Halloween 2 introduces a plot twist that seemingly carries through the original series sans remakes, and that is that Laurie is Michael and Judith's younger sister, adopted after their parents died in a car crash, and establishing Michael's "obsession" seems to focus on his family/bloodline or maybe even just familial women. Since that plotline seems to be absent for Michael and Laurie in DBD, and the convenience of Michael going missing at the end of Halloween, I'm willing to bet The Entity is why he disappeared.
Right, if those names aren't introduced until after the 1st TCM movie, then The Cannibal is Leatherface from at least the movie that names them.
Everything else is pretty consistent and obvious.
Updated with Pyramid Head, in a really non-standard way.
I heavily debated whether I should include Soldiers of Mayhem due to how much of a retcon it was, and it doesn't really change their placement. But I put Anna's archive in when it didn't change where she was, so I decided to include it anyway.
I think spirit might be from the early 2000s. She went to Takamatsu University, according to lore. The university was built in 1996
I apologize if this comes off as mean, because that isn't my intention, but did you read the post?
"It wasn't until January 15, 2019 that it finally clicked in my head to check her university, Takamatsu University. I learned that it wasn't founded until 1996. This made that year the earliest she could have been taken. And she was likely taken later than that."
There just isn't enough information to say early 2000s when she could be from the very tail-end of the 1990s (say, 1998 for example). We're just not given enough information.
Again, sorry if I came off as rude, but I clearly acknowledged the information you gave me a a while back.
@VolantConch1719 you’re fine, I was just putting my thoughts in. Also, @The_Werewolf It’s now cannon that the 1978 movie and the 2018 movie are the only ones relevant in the story. Every Halloween movie in between those two movies now don’t count according to the 2018 directors
I will say this though, in your other thread, you've given me a new perspective about Kazan's whole sword law. So that's something I have touched on with him.
After so long of endless Hag arguments, Stroke of Luck may have finally put the nail in the coffin for Lisa Sherwood's placement in this timeline. It's admittedly loose, but far better than my earlier "resurgence in witchcraft" theory I had since 2018.