TCM Shouldnt Be Seen As "The Thing That Kills DBD"
I personally do not get why people treat TCM and DBD the ways that they do. TCM is "the DBD Killer (tm)" as per the next horror game to release that features PvP multiplayer.
I realistically just dont understand why it has to be a "This VS That" type of thing, where people expect one game to come on top. We've had this before; FT13 VS DBD, LYTNM VS DBD, VHS VS DBD, etc; any every single time it never ends up how people expect it to.
If you want DBD to improve, you would want DBD and TCM to co-exist, that way they have financial competition against one another (which leads to better results for the consumers) rather than it being an entirely community-based thing.
Anyways, regardless of such, just enjoy the game(s) and have a great time!
Comments
No point trying to understand it. I tried but it's impossible. A game can't survive purely on mutual hatred of another game. Both games can coexist and everyone can enjoy them just fine.
Silly people think that. Silly people who can be safely ignored because they are so silly.
They are two VERY different games but even if they were exact carbon copies of each other, there is plenty of room for multiple games of this type. Madden has virtually imploded itself because they just kept squirting out the same dumpster fire of a game over and over again cause they had no reason to try to get better.
Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered
Madden is the perfect example of how you don't need to make the next game you release better than the last one, you just need to make it as addicting as the last title you made, so that people will spend even more money than before. It's a proven business tactic that works, so no reason to stop doing it for as long as you can.
Same case for Fifa really.
I saw someone post a list of games that were supposedly going to kill DBD. Somehow DBD is still alive while pretty much all other contenders died. TCM is a way more casual game than DBD is nowadays. It doesn't even try to appeal to the same group of people.
I hope that TCM does well because I've seen how much care the devs put into it but I also hope that they won't make the mistake of trying to make their game more competitive. Because if that happens, they enter DBD's market. And DBD is so big now that you can't kill it no matter how good your game is. With all the licenses DBD has there really is no way for any other games to take its place. It is more likely that any game that tries to compete against DBD will die within the first year.
I find it funny to watch how many people claim that they will play TCM in the future and stop playing DBD, when it is quite clear that they will come back soon anyway. There simply is no other game where you can have characters of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Halloween, TCM and now even Alien in one single match.
Apart from it's licenses, i'd say the simplistic gameplay is also one of dbd's strengths, as it allows for anyone to quickly learn the basics, jump in and play while still having parts of it to master.
Something i feel not many of the other asym games have.
TMC? What does "The Movie Channel" have to do with asym games?
It will happen a lot I think the developers TCM don't want to be the DBD killer instead they kinda just want to be that game that is trying to sorta be like DBD sorta getting the idea and making their own twist in it I mean if it was the DBD then why wasn't Bubba removed? Simple TCM is just wanting to be a game that people who play dbd can try out and enjoy maybe even co-exist with DBD.
I forget who said it but they said no game can really kill DBD since they would need to basically try being better then a game with 7 years worth of stuff and license characters VHS was close to it but flopped due to Marketing and a few minor things but they started beta when the whole Pinhead thing was happening and people left in search for something new.
Ngl, I saw another thread use "TMC" instead of "TCM", saw that it was a clear typo, say to myself "Im not going to make that mistake", and still did the exact same thing they did.
TLDR; I meant TCM, Im stupid sometimes.
No game that wanted to be an "X killer" ever turned out to be an "X killer". The only thing that can kill a game is itself.
I don't think TCM even wants to be a DBD killer, I think all it wants to be is a Texas Chainsaw Massacre game and it does that very well. I haven't played it, but I like it, I'm glad it exists and it looks like a lot of passionate people put a lot of care into it. Good for them, I hope a lot of people enjoy playing it.
The only thing that can kill DbD is DbD itself.