Ok I've got my results.

K so I said I was going to test controller vs mouse and keyboard for SURVIVOR and KILLER to someone and I did. For 1 day I used mouse and keyboard on PC (I've been using it for a while but that's just to collect my results in one day) and my games went well.

For survivor.

  • How well I manage to hit great skillchecks.
  • How well I managed to loop.
  • How well I could 360
  • Just which was more comfortable

So mouse and keyboard, I was doing ok I guess for hitting greats, I didn't hit much tbh but that's ok since I didnt face many ruins.
For controller, however I was hitting them all over the place with some of my ruin games going extremely fast.

For looping it was basically the same except with controller I was more comfortable but that's because I had 600 hours on xbox maining survivor so that's not much of a surprise.

For 360's controller was much easier for me but again 600 hours on xbox maining survivor meant that yeah I'd be more adapted to controller but I'll admit 360's were much easier I got a ton of them.

I found controller more comfortable but again I have had way more time on xbox.

For killer.

I got looped to hell on controller. Mouse and keyboard is WAYYYYYYY better for killer.

K I made this in case people wanted to switch to PC and they wanted to know if controller is better on PC.
From my experience, it's basically an easy mode but I'll stick with mouse and keyboard for now since It's harder.

Comments

  • Honestly not really surprised.

    Third Person is more about comfort and whichever you use more often. And since Survivors have skill checks it also comes down to whichever you have quicker response time with.

    First Person needs better camera precision and control, which the mouse offers in spades compared to any controller.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:
    Honestly not really surprised.

    Third Person is more about comfort and whichever you use more often. And since Survivors have skill checks it also comes down to whichever you have quicker response time with.

    First Person needs better camera precision and control, which the mouse offers in spades compared to any controller.

    Yup. I keep my skillcheck as Y (Triangle on PS4 controller) and my gen repair as RB (Right 1 on PS4) and it's really good for slapping those greats.

  • How can u compare an one day (or multiple days as u said cuz u tried it for awhile) experience of M&Kb with 600hrs controller experience?
  • PC master race / console bull**** again!!!

  • Pc is better but i admire console players because they are getting a harder time, especially killers.
    Props to ps4 killer mains guys!!
  • Yeah i totally forgot xbox exists, i'm that dumb.
  • @Vietfox said:
    Pc is better but i admire console players because they are getting a harder time, especially killers.
    Props to ps4 killer mains guys!!

    i agree, console killer is hellish
    the only saving grace is that the caliber of player on console is usually lower

  • yeet said:

    @Vietfox said:
    Pc is better but i admire console players because they are getting a harder time, especially killers.
    Props to ps4 killer mains guys!!

    i agree, console killer is hellish
    the only saving grace is that the caliber of player on console is usually lower

    @yeet
    Omg you agree with me, the world is tearing apart!
  • @yeet and @Vietfox you two are quite wrong. On console, being killer is not as bad you know since the survivors also have a controller if they try to 360, you're both turning slow af and you'll hit them if you know how to look to ur side and lunge It's just that on PC with the survivors turning speed against yours, they'll spin you. Also when I was an xbox killer, I got a 4k every match as Myers or Wraith (when I played Hag or Billy it was gg ez) and Myers and Wraith aren't usually getting 4ks they usually get 2-3. So it's not hellish it's just really hard.

  • Poweas said:

    @yeet and @Vietfox you two are quite wrong. On console, being killer is not as bad you know since the survivors also have a controller if they try to 360, you're both turning slow af and you'll hit them if you know how to look to ur side and lunge It's just that on PC with the survivors turning speed against yours, they'll spin you. Also when I was an xbox killer, I got a 4k every match as Myers or Wraith (when I played Hag or Billy it was gg ez) and Myers and Wraith aren't usually getting 4ks they usually get 2-3. So it's not hellish it's just really hard.

    @Poweas
    If it's harder you just confirmed what i said.
    I've played on both PC and PS4 and i can tell that console players have a harder time.
    I don't know if @fcc2014 remembers but the first time i played DbD on ps4 i was failing quite a few skill checks because of the frames, on PC is way smoother.
    Playing as survivor (360s and all that stuff) is pretty much the same but killers have it a bit more difficult than PC killers. Frames, camera, etc...
    You get used to it eventually (kinda), but that's not the way it should be.
    PS: i know nothing about xbox.
  • @Vietfox said:
    Poweas said:

    @yeet and @Vietfox you two are quite wrong. On console, being killer is not as bad you know since the survivors also have a controller if they try to 360, you're both turning slow af and you'll hit them if you know how to look to ur side and lunge It's just that on PC with the survivors turning speed against yours, they'll spin you. Also when I was an xbox killer, I got a 4k every match as Myers or Wraith (when I played Hag or Billy it was gg ez) and Myers and Wraith aren't usually getting 4ks they usually get 2-3. So it's not hellish it's just really hard.

    @Poweas
    If it's harder you just confirmed what i said.
    I've played on both PC and PS4 and i can tell that console players have a harder time.
    I don't know if @fcc2014 remembers but the first time i played DbD on ps4 i was failing quite a few skill checks because of the frames, on PC is way smoother.
    Playing as survivor (360s and all that stuff is pretty much the same) but killers have it a bit more difficult than PC killers. Frames, camera, etc...
    You get used to it eventually (kinda), but that's not the way it should be.
    PS: i know nothing about xbox.

    On xbox skill checks were STUPID. You had to hit the button when it's not even near the skill check to get a great. It was ridiculous. 360 is much easier on console. I was a 360 legend on xbox but on PC with my mouse and keyboard im just a pleb.

  • Poweas said:

    @Vietfox said:
    Poweas said:

    @yeet and @Vietfox you two are quite wrong. On console, being killer is not as bad you know since the survivors also have a controller if they try to 360, you're both turning slow af and you'll hit them if you know how to look to ur side and lunge It's just that on PC with the survivors turning speed against yours, they'll spin you. Also when I was an xbox killer, I got a 4k every match as Myers or Wraith (when I played Hag or Billy it was gg ez) and Myers and Wraith aren't usually getting 4ks they usually get 2-3. So it's not hellish it's just really hard.

    @Poweas
    If it's harder you just confirmed what i said.
    I've played on both PC and PS4 and i can tell that console players have a harder time.
    I don't know if @fcc2014 remembers but the first time i played DbD on ps4 i was failing quite a few skill checks because of the frames, on PC is way smoother.
    Playing as survivor (360s and all that stuff is pretty much the same) but killers have it a bit more difficult than PC killers. Frames, camera, etc...
    You get used to it eventually (kinda), but that's not the way it should be.
    PS: i know nothing about xbox.

    On xbox skill checks were STUPID. You had to hit the button when it's not even near the skill check to get a great. It was ridiculous. 360 is much easier on console. I was a 360 legend on xbox but on PC with my mouse and keyboard im just a pleb.

    @Poweas
    Yeah on ps4 you gotta press the skill check earlier sometimes as well.
    You'll get used to keyboard and mouse, my grandma told me i was quite good on PC ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @Vietfox said:
    Poweas said:

    @Vietfox said:

    Poweas said:

    @yeet and @Vietfox you two are quite wrong. On console, being killer is not as bad you know since the survivors also have a controller if they try to 360, you're both turning slow af and you'll hit them if you know how to look to ur side and lunge It's just that on PC with the survivors turning speed against yours, they'll spin you. Also when I was an xbox killer, I got a 4k every match as Myers or Wraith (when I played Hag or Billy it was gg ez) and Myers and Wraith aren't usually getting 4ks they usually get 2-3. So it's not hellish it's just really hard.
    
    
    
    @Poweas 
    

    If it's harder you just confirmed what i said.

    I've played on both PC and PS4 and i can tell that console players have a harder time.

    I don't know if @fcc2014 remembers but the first time i played DbD on ps4 i was failing quite a few skill checks because of the frames, on PC is way smoother.

    Playing as survivor (360s and all that stuff is pretty much the same) but killers have it a bit more difficult than PC killers. Frames, camera, etc...

    You get used to it eventually (kinda), but that's not the way it should be.

    PS: i know nothing about xbox.

    On xbox skill checks were STUPID. You had to hit the button when it's not even near the skill check to get a great. It was ridiculous. 360 is much easier on console. I was a 360 legend on xbox but on PC with my mouse and keyboard im just a pleb.

    @Poweas
    Yeah on ps4 you gotta press the skill check earlier sometimes as well.
    You'll get used to keyboard and mouse, my grandma told me i was quite good on PC ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Lol. Mine says I'm useless, playing games when I got uni (she's kidding though)