Can some killer mains recommend a good tunneling build?

I am currently trying to perfect the art of tunneling and experiment with different builds that make it easier and more viable to tunnel someone out as quickly as possible.

I have access to almost all of the perks and killers, but main Artist.

Usually I like to use STBFL to counter bodyblockers trying to save their teammate and PainRes/DMS combo to slow down gens with every hook, giving me more time to camp and wait for the person I'm tunneling to get unhooked. I also tend to bring Franklin's to counter flashlight saves and medkits.

Does anyone have some extra tips on how to tunnel more efficiently and counter some anti-tunnel perks (OTR and DS)?

Comments

  • Pinhead with Original Pain - Just shoot unhooked person

    Forced Hestiation (+ Save Best For the Last) - Down unhooking person and straight tunnel unhooked person

  • Sorry I can’t. I refuse to take this game so serious that I seek out to ruin others games. I can win the majority of my games just fine without ruining others experience.

    Tunneling makes the game easier for killers most of the time but it is not needed majority of the time. Most killers are out here tunneling solo queue, the lobby they should be able to 12 hook I recommend everybody just get better.

  • @StrangeGuy said:

    Tbh, topics like this make me proud of myself because I don't ruin other people's game by tunneling (exception: toxic survivors) because I know how many people hate it.

    You don't need builds. Just play as a Nurse. Easy 4k in every game because she is the best tunneler.

    Bro please stop telling people nurse is a play to win killer, bro she's literally easy against baby survs but so is every other killer, but experienced survs not so much my guy you also have to factor in individual skill with each killer not everyone is good at every killer. Nurse also isn't ideal for hardcore tunneling due to her fatigue mechanic. Filling queues with terrible nurses isn't going to help her rework due to bhvr relying on stats and trash nurses will show that she's actually not op and is in a really good spot due to the numbers. PH and pin would be most ideal honestly.

  • @BillToLast said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506025#Comment_3506025

    If it's not always the most effective strategy, then how did Momo7 achieve 1000 winstreak by tunneling out the first person he finds every single match?

    If you are not too great at chase or face players far stronger than you, then tunneling can be ineffective and make you lose. But you would have likely lost these matches regardless.

    If you are really good at 1v1 and can end chases very quickly against any player, then tunneling is the best strategy that skyrockets your chances to win. The goal is to get better at that 1v1 and tunneling helps with learning that.

    You're really worshipping a guy who goes out of their way to play the game in the most boring way possible. Tunneling isn't always the most effective strategy. Sometimes the survivors are simply better. Sometimes you get genrushed. Sometimes you get bad map RNG.

    As for how Momo got his 1000 winstreak by tunneling out the first survivor he finds, I wouldn't know since I don't really care all that much about streamers.

  • There's really no definitive answer to that. Maybe the survivors aren't that good. Maybe it's just rng in your favor each time. Maybe it's just a bunch of uncoordinated solos instead of a 4-man swf.

    By all means, play how you want to, but if the only way you have fun is by ruining the game for others, move on to a different game.

  • I’m confused. You said engaging in chases is your favorite aspect of the game, but you also want the survivors dead as quick as possible?

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506076#Comment_3506076

    There's really no definitive answer to that. Maybe the survivors aren't that good. Maybe it's just rng in your favor each time. Maybe it's just a bunch of uncoordinated solos instead of a 4-man swf.

    By all means, play how you want to, but if the only way you have fun is by ruining the game for others, move on to a different game.

    Right, in 5 years of play I consistently get lucky with the 4K. Makes sense. And no, thanks, I will play however I want. You don’t dictate what I can do.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506416#Comment_3506416

    Right, in 5 years of play I consistently get lucky with the 4K. Makes sense. And no, thanks, I will play however I want. You don’t dictate what I can do.

    I don't have a history of your games that I can just coveniently pull out of thin air to narrow down the possible reasons why you consistently 3-4k by tunneling. I also don't have any idea how long you've been playing the game for. I'm not omniscient.

    Like I said, by all means play how you want to. Not dictating what you can and can't do, but I'm also not going to refrain from pointing out that deriving your fun from ruining the experience for others just means that you don't find the game itself fun.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506464#Comment_3506464

    I don't have a history of your games that I can just coveniently pull out of thin air to narrow down the possible reasons why you consistently 3-4k by tunneling. I also don't have any idea how long you've been playing the game for. I'm not omniscient.

    Like I said, by all means play how you want to. Not dictating what you can and can't do, but I'm also not going to refrain from pointing out that deriving your fun from ruining the experience for others just means that you don't find the game itself fun.

    Wrong- winning is fun. That’s my fun.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3506251#Comment_3506251

    And it's been explained to you that the devs have shown us the graphs where is shows not that many players are at "top MMR". Have a search yourself, it's on the forums.

    "All I'm asking about is different tactical and efficient builds on varied killers."

    You were? I thought you were just asking on builds good for tunnelling. Might need to change your title.

    Yes, I am asking for good and efficient builds. Which are tunneling builds.

1 2 ›